BOSWELLIA SERRATA EXTRACT (20:1) 500mg
- Boswellia Serrata natural extract, x20 extra concentration
- 70% Boswellic acid content.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Helps fight against joint inflammation..
- Internal manufacturing, high quality standards
Table of contents
Boswellia Serrata extract (20:1) 500mg by HSNessentials is a product in capsule form made using extract from Boswellia serrata resin, standardised at 70% boswellic acid content.
Boswellia serrata has traditionally formed part of Ayurveda and Unani traditional medicines for the treatment of inflammatory intestinal and microbial disorders and conditions. Currently, the extract made from its resin is being researched for its multiple beneficial anti-inflammatory effects thanks to its high boswellic acid content, which is strongly associated with healthy joints.
This product has been made with raw materials of vegetarian origin, using ingredients to make capsules which are completely free from animal traces or by-products.
Boswellia Serrata extract (20:1) 500mg is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Boswellia Serrata has been shown to have potentially beneficial effects on the body thanks to its principally anti-inflammatory action which seems to come from its natural properties.
Who hasn’t felt joint pain or discomfort at some point after an intense training session, or simply aches and pains caused by ageing and tiredness?
Did you know that
Boswellia serrata is a natural, phytotherapic product with strong evidence to support its effectiveness for managing joint pain? (Liu et al., 2018)
Boswellia Serrata resin is rich in boswellic acids, a natural bioactive found in the plant.
Some of these acids contain a potent anti-inflammatory property which partially blocks a molecular pathway called 5-LOX which is instrumental in the production of inflammatory factors, which end up enabling the action taken by enzymes that break down cartilage, ligaments and tendons. This can cause a higher risk factor for injuries to the joints. (Merolla y Cerciello, 2017).
These mechanisms have led to research being carried out on the effects of Boswellia serrata extract, particularly in the area of pain control and loss of joint function and condition in sportspeople and adults with osteoarthritis. .
A meta-analysis by Liu et al. (2018) demonstrated was able to demonstrate that Boswellia serrata:
- Significantly decreased achy joints over a short period of time
- Significantly improves physical functioning in people with osteoarthritis, at least in the short term.
- It’s not associated with any significant adverse effects with the placebo group actually experiencing more adverse effects than those who actually took the product.
This confirms that Boswellia serrata with high boswellic acids, due to its useful and safe nature, can help with the management of degeneration and breakdown of cartilage in the joints
As well as providing management of joint pain, Boswellia Serrata extract has also been found to be useful for the following treatment, largely thanks to the presence of boswellic acids in the product:
- Maintaining mucus levels in the digestive system and protecting the digestive tract, acting as a stomach relaxant and soother.
- Aid the smooth working of the respiratory system, helping to maintain good lung health due to its reduction of inflammation of lung tissue.
- Contributes to staying in a good state of cognitive performance.
- Helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels, resulting in better cardiovascular health.
An endless range of high quality, natural products at your fingertips!
Not all herbal extracts are created equally!
It’s important to take at least two factors into consideration:
An extract is a concentrated product made with part (or various parts of) a plant, that is concentrated to boost its potential, managing to achieve more effects with a lower dose.
Our Boswellia Serrata extract is made with a concentration that is 20 times higher than that found in the plant’s natural resin. This strength allows you to take advantage of the product to reach your maximum potential.
Although an extract increases the biological activity of the plant, this is not always necessarily the case, due to the treatment which is applied to the raw material being somewhat aggressive with the active ingredients in its native form. This can result in them being degraded and totally wipe out all of their positive effects.
For this reason, it’s important that a herbal extract returns the content of the active ingredients that bring these physiological benefits obtained by the user when taking a phytotherapic product..
Our extract has been standardised at 70% boswellic acid ,to guarantee the máximum effects and benefits when consuming our product thanks to the guaranteed high concentration of the best active ingredients from the Boswellia plant..
We are pleased to be able to tell you that our capsules are vegan. This decision is down to us finding something in many commercial supplements capsules that didn’t like
If a vegan wants to incorporate a herbal extract into their diet, they often can’t do this due to gelatin being used as a coating agent for the production of capsules containing the extract.
Gelatin is produced using products taken from treated tissue rich in collagen, usually from cattle, pigs or horses, and the use of this product in capsules renders them unsuitable for vegetarians and vegans
Instead of opting for these ingredients, at HSN we have substituted our coating agent for a vegetarian alternative, taken from the cellulose of a vegetable-based polymer, making sure that:
Boswellia Serrata extract (20:1) 500mg is a product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
One capsule is equivalent to a serving and should preferably be taken with food. Take it twice a day, ideally with breakfast and dinner.
¡ Expert tip!
An interesting time to try the product is after training. It’s a good idea to take a serving together with your post-workout milkshake in order to reduce catabolic metabolism, which is generally found at very high levels after exercise.
This product makes an excellent combination with:
- Hydrolised collagen (bovine).
- Tumeric-extract (50:1) 650mg + Bioperine®.
- Omega-3 Vegan seaweed oil 1000mg.
- Extract of Cordyceps (8:1) 500mg.
- Liu, X., Eyles, J., McLachlan, A. J., & Mobasheri, A. (2018). Which supplements can I recommend to my osteoarthritis patients?. Rheumatology (United Kingdom), 57(suppl_4), iv75–iv87.
- Liu, X., Machado, G. C., Eyles, J. P., Ravi, V., & Hunter, D. J. (2018). Dietary supplements for treating osteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-Analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 52(3), 167–175.
- Merolla, G., & Cerciello, S. (2017). Conservative and Postoperative Coanalgesic Therapy for Upper Limb Tendinopathy Using Dietary Supplements. In R. R. Watson & S. B. T.-N. M. of P. in the A. P. Zibadi (Eds.), Nutritional Modulators of Pain in the Aging Population (pp. 235–243).
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Boswellia resin (Boswellia serrata)||20000mg|
|from Boswellia serrata resin 20:1 extract||1000mg|
|70% boswellic acid||700mg|