A diuretic is a natural or synthetic substance that increases the urine production by the kidneys. Consequently, it improves the excretion of salts and water from the body as well as the elimination of harmful substances.
There are many foods (specially fruit and vegetables) and plant extracts that increase the amount of urine. Consuming them regularly can increase the loss of liquids.
We can also take a natural dietary supplement made from plant extracts in capsules or special infusions. This type of products will help us get rid of the liquid excess.
Fluid retention is a very common problem which affects many people. Its symptoms usually involve swelling, specially in the legs (ankles), although it can also affect the abdomen, arms, hands and face.
Tips to prevent fluid retention
- Reduce the sodium intake (avoid cheese, sauces, processed meats, canned foods, sausages, etc)
- Do physical exercise or walk for an hour daily
- Avoid standing up for long periods of time (specially in hot places)
- If you spend a lot of time sitting, it is advisable to raise your legs
- Drink 2 liters of water a day
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Take an effective and natural diuretic (either in herbal infusions or capsules)
- Increase the potassium intake.
Buy natural diuretics
There are several stores where you can buy natural diuretics (pharmacies, herbalist's shops, sport nutrition stores, etc).
At HSN, we have a wide range of natural diuretics and you can also find information about the active ingredients and choose the product that best suits your needs (capsules, liquid extracts and infusions). We have the best brands that use herbal extracts such as Soria Natural, Prisma Natural, Natrol and Dransavi among others.