Antioxidants are substances that stop or delay the damage of the free radicals to the organism. Antioxidants help to keep the cells younger for longer and they also work better.
There is a constant fight in our body between the “bad” free radicals and the healthy cells. When there are more free radicals the chances of suffering premature aging and diseases increase.
The antioxidant supplements can help our organism to neutralize these harmful molecules, caused by unstable atoms, before they can damage the healthy cells or even interrupt these destructive processes once they have begun.
The free radicals have a significant effect on biochemical aging because they damage body cells. The terms "free radical" and "antioxidant" are quite strange for many people, which is why they tend to be overlooked.
Antioxidant nutritional supplements:
There are many antioxidant supplements available in the market, some of them are:
- Plant extracts.
- Super fruits.
- Trace elements.
- Fatty acids.
Tips to increase your life expectancy:
- Include fruits and vegetables in your diet that are high in antioxidants.
- Eat foods and dietary supplements with antioxidants and/or a high ORAC value, such as turmeric, acai berries, maqui, and multivitamins.
- Drink green tea instead of coffee.
- If you do a lot physical exercise, increase the consumption of antioxidants.
- Do not eat excessively to prevent obesity.
- Avoid sugar and animal fat.
- If you drink alcohol, do so moderately.
- Do not smoke.
- Do relaxation exercises to relieve stress.
You can buy antioxidants at parapharmacies and sport nutrition stores like HSN, where we have a wide range of products available from the best brands.
You must keep in mind that antioxidant nutritional supplements do not replace a balanced diet or healthy lifstyle. It is very important to consult your doctor if you are taking some kind of medication.