CORDYCEPS SINENSIS EXTRACT (8:1) 500mg
- Cordyceps mycelium extract.
- Concentration 8:1.
- 40% polysaccharide standardisation.
- Suitable for vegans.
Table of contents
Cordyceps Extract (8:1) 500mg by EssentialSeries is a vegan food supplement in capsules, based on mycelium extract of the Cordyceps sinensis mushroom, standardised to 40% polysaccharides.
Cordyceps is a genus of fungi that has received much attention for centuries. The extract is obtained from the mycelium, the multi-cellular filaments that grow on the mushrooms and through which they obtain nutrients.
What do we know about it?
Cordyceps sinensis is a type of mushroom that has been widely used in traditional Chinese, Tibetan, Nepalese, and Indian Ayurvedic medicine.
Not all herbal extracts are the same.
Discover the characteristics of our Cordyceps extract that make it unique!
Cordyceps extract (8:1) is a high potency product, as its concentration is 8 times higher than the raw material.
So in each 500mg capsule you will be consuming the equivalent of 4000mg of Cordyceps mycelium.
Among the many chemical constituents of Cordyceps extract, polysaccharides stand out as a large family of compounds that appear to be prominent in the mushroom's composition.
Extracto de Cordyceps (8:1) 500mg of HSN ensures a polysaccharide content of 40%.
Take one vegetarian capsule, once a day, with a meal.
Goes great with:
External links for more information
- Chen, S., Li, Z., Krochmal, R., Abrazado, M., Kim, W., & Cooper, C. B. (2010). Effect of Cs-4® (Cordyceps sinensis) on exercise performance in healthy older subjects: A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 16(5), 585–590.
- Olatunji, O. J., Tang, J., Tola, A., Auberon, F., Oluwaniyi, O., & Ouyang, Z. (2018). The genus Cordyceps: An extensive review of its traditional uses, phytochemistry and pharmacology. Fitoterapia, 129, 293–316.
- Wang, N., Li, J., Huang, X., Chen, W., & Chen, Y. (2016). Herbal Medicine Cordyceps sinensis Improves Health-Related Quality of Life in Moderate-to-Severe Asthma. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016, 6134593.
- Wu, D. T., Meng, L. Z., Wang, L. Y., Lv, G. P., Cheong, K. L., Hu, D. J., … Li, S. P. (2014). Chain conformation and immunomodulatory activity of a hyperbranched polysaccharide from Cordyceps sinensis. Carbohydrate Polymers, 110, 405–414.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Cordyceps sinensis mycelium extract (8:1) (40% polysaccharides)||500mg||++|
|Vitamin B3 (as nicotinic acid)||4.8mg||30%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
CORDYCEPS SINENSIS EXTRACT (8:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps ingredients:Mycelium extract of Cordyceps sinensis (8:1, 40% polysaccharides), bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)], anti-caking agents (magnesium salts of fatty acids, silicon dioxide), zinc citrate, nicotinic acid (vitamin B3).
How to take CORDYCEPS SINENSIS EXTRACT (8:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsules, 1 time a day with a meal.
Warnings de CORDYCEPS SINENSIS EXTRACT (8:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. This product may have a natural colour variation.
Two questions: 1. What part of the mushroom is used in this extract? 2. Is it CS-4? Thank you
Javier Colomer 28/12/2020
Cordyceps extract from Cordyceps sinensis mycelium.
This product is great for stressful periods. I combine it with ginkgo biloba for my exams in order to perform better.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
I read about this product a while back and thought I might as well try it. I have to say that I feel more energised since I started taking it. Although I also take multivitamins too which also help with that.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics