BLACK GARLIC EXTRACT (10:1) 500mg
- Black garlic bulbs and stems extract.
- x10 times more concentrated.
- High S-Allylcysteine content.
- Standardised to 3% in polyphenols.
- Fermentation process under controlled conditions.
- In vegetable capsules.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Black Garlic Extract (10:1) 500mg from HSNessentials is a vegetable capsule food supplement made from a 10 times more concentrated extract from the bulb and stems of the natural Allium sativum L. plant, which contains S-Allylcisteine and is standardised to 3% in polyphenols.
'Black garlic is obtained from fresh garlic (Allium sativum L.) that has been fermented for a period of time at a controlled high temperature (60-90ºC) under controlled hight humidity (80-90%)' (Kimura et al., 2017)
This product does not contain any animal ingredients or derivatives, meaning:
Vegan Black Garlic Extract is 100% suitable for vegans.
A number of properties have been attributed to black garlic extract, natural garlic, aged or fermented. Garlic (Allium sativum L.) is used principally because of its bacterial effect.
On top of this:
- Aged garlic contributes to temporary stress resistance.
- Aged garlic helps maintain healthy liver function.
- Garlic is used for good microvascular blood circulation and helps to decrease the sensation of heavy legs.
One of the most important functions of the garlic bulb is to help maintain healthy respiratory function.
Herbal extracts have a ratio, and although sometimes this information is not given to the consumer, it should be, as it indicates the percentage of concentration of the compounds naturally present in the natural source.
The raw ingredient used in our vegan black garlic extract has been concentrated no less than 10 times with respect to its natural state.
Achieving in this way a potency of 1000% with respect to the established 100% of the base garlic products that can be acquired in certain establishments.
More concentration means greater potency, and a better quality product.
Polyphenols are chemical compounds gaining prominence in nutritional research because of their presence in functional foods such as green tea leaves, cocoa beans and coffee beans, amongst others (Fraga et al., 2019).
Our Black Garlic Extract (10:1) 500mg has been standardised to 3% in polyphenols.
This standardising means the content of these compounds in the product are guaranteed a t the determined concentration, with their associated bioactivity.
Standardising the herbal active content of an extract is a practice that indicates strict quality control in the processing of the raw ingredient, guaranteeing its physiological mechanisms.
In addition, the herbal extract itself contains S-Allylcysteine, an organic sulphur compound characteristic of fermented garlic properties.
At HSN we're clear that:
Our standardised herbal extracts are the best on the market!
Unlike other products on the market, our capsules have been developed using a viscous polymer derived from cellulose, a plant polysaccharide forming the structure of plants.
We do not use gelatine or any other animal derivatives in the preparation of our capsules:
Our black garlic extract in capsule form is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Take one vegetable capsule, once a day.
It's best to take the product with a meal.
This product goes great with vitamin and mineral products such as:
- Fraga, C. G., Croft, K. D., Kennedy, D. O., & Tomás-Barberán, F. A. (2019). The effects of polyphenols and other bioactives on human health. Food and Function, 10(2), 514–528.
- Kimura, S., Tung, Y. C., Pan, M. H., Su, N. W., Lai, Y. J., & Cheng, K. C. (2017). Black garlic: A critical review of its production, bioactivity, and application. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 25(1), 62–70.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Fermented black garlic (Allium sativum L.)||5000mg|
|from 10:1 extract of Allium sativum L. bulbs and stems (3% Polyphenols)||500mg|