PSYLLIUM HUSK 500mg
- Psyllium Husk in capsules.
- Fibre of the Plantago ovata.
- Perfect for vegetarians and vegans.
- Gluten free.
Table of contents
Psyllium Husk 500mg from EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules, based on the seed bran of the Plantago ovata.
The peel of Psyllium is nutritionally fibre-based, mainly arabinoxylans, non-starch polysaccharides with the technological properties of soluble fibres with high gelling power (Morales-Ortega et al., 2013).
Psyllium Husk 500mg is a food supplement 100% suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Plantago ovata helps maintain a healthy gut and facilitates intestinal transit.
In addition, the Plantago helps control cholesterol levels in the blood.
We have the equivalent product in powder format, Psyllium Husk powder.
Some users find it more convenient to use in capsules, as it is a simpler format for dosing control and transport.
Each Psyllium Husk capsule has a small size of 21.70 x 7.64 mm
They are easy to consume, and each contains 500mg of Psyllium shell.
At HSN we realised a food supplement feature that you may never have noticed.
Have you ever noticed that capsule supplements are not suitable for vegetarians? Let's explain it to you!
Traditionally, capsules are made from a protein polymer that you have definitely found in the supermarket before... gelatines, and when they are treated, they're very malleable, allowing the capsule to be filled with powder and oil content for containment.
But the gelatine comes from the extraction of connective tissues from cattle animals, making it impossible for vegetarians and vegans to use it.
At HSN we started a long time ago with the process of replacing our capsules with plant alternatives, using hypromellose, a vegetable polymer with gelatinisation characteristics and mechanical strength comparable to traditional gelatine capsules.
Our Psyllium Husk capsules are a food supplement suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Many cereal seeds contain prolamins, storage proteins including gluten, which cause discomfort in certain gluten sensitive people.
Psyllium seeds should not contain gluten in any case, however, in many products it is listed as a present allergen... why?
Because they are processed in the presence of other cereals that do contain gluten and may be contaminated by contact with them.
HSN develops food supplements in our factory, certified with GMP and HACCP among other quality guarantees, so we can guarantee the full traceability of all products of our brand.
Psyllium Husk is an excellent way to consume gluten-free dietary fibre, 100% assured.
A dose consists of the use of two vegetable capsules, so take two doses for a total of 4 capsules a day, before meals with one or two glasses of water.
It goes great with other products like:
- Morales-Ortega, A., Niño-Medina, G., Carvajal-Millán, E., Gardea-Béjar, A., Torres-Chávez, P., López-Franco, Y., … Lizardi-Mendoza, J. (2013). Los arabinoxilanos ferulados de cereales. Una revisión de sus características fisicoquímicas y capacidad gelificante. Revista Fitotecnia Mexicana, 36(4), 439–446.
Scientific readings on Psyllium and fibres
- Dreher, M. L. (2018). Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease. In Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease.
- Hillman, L. C., Peters, S. G., Fisher, C. A., & Pomare, E. W. (1985). The effects of the fiber components pectin, cellulose and lignin on serum cholesterol levels. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 42(2), 207–213.
- Carlson, J. L., Erickson, J. M., Lloyd, B. B., & Slavin, J. L. (2018). Health Effects and Sources of Prebiotic Dietary Fiber. Current Developments in Nutrition, 2(3), 1–8.
- Lambeau, K. V., & McRorie, J. W. (2017). Fiber supplements and clinically proven health benefits: How to recognize and recommend an effective fiber therapy. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 29(4), 216–223.
- Qi, X., Al-Ghazzewi, F. H., & Tester, R. F. (2018). Dietary Fiber, Gastric Emptying, and Carbohydrate Digestion: A Mini-Review. Starch/Staerke, 70(9–10), 1700346.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 2 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 4 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 60|