LACTASE (BETA-GALACTOSIDASE) 5000 FCC ALU
- 5000 Lactase Units.
- Enzyme that catalyses the digestion of lactose.
- Declared enzyme activity. High potency.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Lactase (Beta-Galactosidase) 5000 FCC ALU by EssentialSeries is a vegan food supplement in tablet form based on Beta-galactosidase, a food-grade enzyme derived from Aspergillus oryzae.
This enzyme disaccharidase is responsible for 'breaking' the bonds of a disaccharide, in this case lactose, which is the sugar in milk and dairy products. The co-administration of lactase with a lactose-rich meal in people with lactose intolerance reduces the symptoms of malabsorption (such as nausea, vomiting and gastrointestinal discomfort).
Our Lactase (Beta-Galactosidase) 5000FCC ALU has been developed without the use of animal ingredients, making it a 100% veggie product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Did you know that...
Between 65-70% of humans lose the ability to break down lactose in our gut in the first years of life and develop a variable intolerance to this sugar?
(Bayless et al., 2017)
Up to 7 out of 10 people are lactose intolerant... What about you? Does milk make you feel uncomfortable?
Lactase enzyme improves lactose digestion in individuals who have difficulty digesting lactose.1
Many companies that market lactase tell you the mass (milligrams) content of their products.
This is no good! It tells you nothing about the efficacy of the product.
This is an enzyme, and as such has a unique unit of measurement, which are the enzyme activity units, in this case the ALU (Acid Lactase Units) regulated by the FCC (Food Chemical Code).
This unit is the true sign of the quality of a lactase product, as it is the value that tells you how potent and lactose hydrolysing it is.
Our Lactase has 5000 units per tablet, while other good quality presentations on the market are 3000-3300 units per tablet.2 60% more potency!
This aspect was already highlighted in the review by Montalto et al. (2006):
One of the reasons why some studies show no benefit from the consumption of this enzyme is that the use of different microorganisms has different lactose degrading efficacy.
In our case we have obtained our Lactase from a fungus called Aspergillus oryzae, which has demonstrated a high rate and potency of effectiveness in improving lactose digestion in humans (Portincasa et al., 2008).
It has another advantage:
Many lactase presentations, when used concomitantly with milk consumption, produce severe alterations in taste and are non-functional if not allowed to stand for at least 24 hours (DiPalma and Collins, 1989).
On the contrary, our lactase works simply by consuming it 15 minutes before consuming dairy products, without the need for maceration, and without altering the natural sweetness of the food.
Our lactase has been produced through an extraction process from the fungal microorganism Aspergillus oryzae, and no excipients of animal origin have been used in the composition of its tablets, which means that it has no animal origin excipients:
Our Lactase (Beta-Galactosidase) 5000FCC ALU is a product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Consume one tablet 15 to 30 minutes before a meal containing a significant amount of lactose.
It goes great with other products containing digestive enzymes such as:
- Digezyme®, our enzyme preparation with various types of enzymes.
- Bromelain 500mg, which contains proteolytic enzymes naturally present in pineapple.
- Bayless, T. M., Brown, E., & Paige, D. M. (2017). Lactase Non-persistence and Lactose Intolerance. Current Gastroenterology Reports, 19(5), 23.
- DiPalma, J. A., & Collins, M. S. (1989). Enzyme replacement for lactose malabsorption using a beta-d-galactosidase. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, 11(3), 290–293.
- Montalto, M., Curigliano, V., Santoro, L., Vastola, M., Cammarota, G., Manna, R., … Gasbarrini, G. (2006). Management and treatment of lactose malabsorption. World Journal of Gastroenterology, 12(2), 187–191.
- Portincasa, P., Di Ciaula, A., Vacca, M., Montelli, R., Wang, D. Q. H., & Palasciano, G. (2008). Beneficial effects of oral tilactase on patients with hypolactasia. European Journal of Clinical Investigation, 38(11), 835–844.
- Sanders, S. W., Tolman, K. G., & Reitberg, D. P. (1992). Effect of a single dose of lactase on symptoms and expired hydrogen after lactose challenge in lactose-intolerant subjects. Clinical Pharmacy, 11(6), 533–538.
1 Lactase must be consumed with every lactose-containing meal to achieve this effect. Lactose tolerance is variable and advice should be sought on the role of lactose in the diet.
2 The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) only validates its effects for food supplements with a minimum dose of 4500 FCC.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 120|
LACTASE (BETA-GALACTOSIDASE) 5000 FCC ALU - 120 tabs ingredients:Bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), lactase (100.000 U/g, enzyme designed for nutrition from Aspergillus oryzae), anti-caking agents (cross-linked sodium carboxymethylcellulose, magnesium salts of fatty acids).
Warnings de LACTASE (BETA-GALACTOSIDASE) 5000 FCC ALU - 120 tabs:Store in a cool (below 25°C), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
How to take
Take 1 tablet, 15-30 minutes before taking dairy products.
Videos Related To LACTASE (BETA-GALACTOSIDASE) 5000 FCC ALU
A satisfied customer says:
I buy it for my daughter who is lactose intolerant. It works very well for her. And the price is unbeatable. I don't understand the abuse of other brands for something that is essential for people's health. Many thanks to HSN!Show original language
A critical customer says:
The product is fine. You have to take two to notice some effect. The bottle is much larger than the total content of the pills, it would be nice to have another system to carry it. Otherwise, it seems to have an effect and you can enjoy a pizza without the heaviness afterwards. I will repeat.Show original language
No reviews found with filters applied.