LACTASE (BETA-GALACTOSIDASE) 5000 FCC ALU
- 5000 Lactase Units.
- Declared enzyme activity.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Lactase (Beta-Galactosidase) 5000 FCC ALU by EssentialSeries is a vegan food supplement in tablet form based on Beta-galactosidase, a food-grade enzyme derived from Aspergillus oryzae.
This enzyme disaccharidase, i.e. the enzyme responsible for 'breaking' the bonds of a disaccharide, in this case lactose, which is the sugar in milk and dairy products.
Our Lactase (Beta-Galactosidase) 5000FCC ALU has been developed without the use of animal ingredients, making it a 100% veggie product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Lactase improves lactose digestion in individuals who have difficulty digesting lactose.1
Did you know that...
Between 65-70% of humans lose the ability to break down lactose in our gut in the first years of life and develop a variable intolerance to this sugar?
(Bayless et al., 2017)
Many companies that market lactase tell you the mass (milligrams) content of their products.
This is no good!
This is an enzyme, and as such has a unique unit of measurement, which are the enzyme activity units, in this case the ALU (Acid Lactase Units) regulated by the FCC (Food Chemical Code).
This unit is the true sign of the quality of a lactase product.
Our Lactase has 5000 units per tablet, while other good quality presentations on the market are 3000-3300 units per tablet.2 60% more potency!
In our case we have obtained our Lactase from a fungus called Aspergillus oryzae.
It has another advantage:
Many lactase presentations, when used concomitantly with milk consumption, produce severe alterations in taste and are non-functional if not allowed to stand for at least 24 hours (DiPalma and Collins, 1989).
On the contrary, our lactase works simply by consuming it 15 minutes before consuming dairy products, without the need for maceration, and without altering the natural sweetness of the food.
Our lactase has been produced through an extraction process from the fungal microorganism Aspergillus oryzae, and no excipients of animal origin have been used in the composition of its tablets, which means that it has no animal origin excipients:
Our Lactase (Beta-Galactosidase) 5000FCC ALU is a product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
It goes great with other products containing digestive enzymes such as:
- Digezyme®, our enzyme preparation with various types of enzymes.
- Bromelain 500mg, which contains proteolytic enzymes naturally present in pineapple.
- Bayless, T. M., Brown, E., & Paige, D. M. (2017). Lactase Non-persistence and Lactose Intolerance. Current Gastroenterology Reports, 19(5), 23.
- DiPalma, J. A., & Collins, M. S. (1989). Enzyme replacement for lactose malabsorption using a beta-d-galactosidase. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, 11(3), 290–293.
- Montalto, M., Curigliano, V., Santoro, L., Vastola, M., Cammarota, G., Manna, R., … Gasbarrini, G. (2006). Management and treatment of lactose malabsorption. World Journal of Gastroenterology, 12(2), 187–191.
- Portincasa, P., Di Ciaula, A., Vacca, M., Montelli, R., Wang, D. Q. H., & Palasciano, G. (2008). Beneficial effects of oral tilactase on patients with hypolactasia. European Journal of Clinical Investigation, 38(11), 835–844.
- Sanders, S. W., Tolman, K. G., & Reitberg, D. P. (1992). Effect of a single dose of lactase on symptoms and expired hydrogen after lactose challenge in lactose-intolerant subjects. Clinical Pharmacy, 11(6), 533–538.
1 Lactase must be consumed with every lactose-containing meal to achieve this effect. Lactose tolerance is variable and advice should be sought on the role of lactose in the diet.
2 The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) only validates its effects for food supplements with a minimum dose of 4500 FCC.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|daily dose: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 120|