BETA ALANINE POWDER
- 100% Beta-alanine
- Without additives or fillers
- Highest level of evidence about its effects on the sport performance
- Specially designed for sports with efforts longer than 60 seconds
- Powder. More comfortable format to regulate the daily dose
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
What is Beta-Alanine?
Beta-Alanine by HSNraw is a product that is made of 100% beta-alanine and nothing else. Exactly what you were looking for to improve your sport performance. Powder format for an easier dosing, ideal to come up with your own pre-workout combos.
Beta-alanine is an amino acid that binds to the histidine in the muscle tissue in order to form carnosine. Carnosine is a peptide that works as an intracellular buffer. In other words, it avoids pH alterations that can make us stop during the workout because our muscles 'burn'.
Beta-alanine belongs to the group of highly effective food supplements according to the positioning of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, published in 2018.
Why take Beta-Alanine?
Beta-alanine has proven many times that it is effective when it comes to increasing the muscle tissue carnosine concentrations (Perim et al., 2019).
Benefits of carnosine
- Antioxidant effects
- Powerful protective substance for eye alterations (Javadi et al., 2017)
- It slows down the symptoms of aging
Highest level of evidence about its effects on the physical performance
Beta-alanine has the highest level of evidence when it comes to improving the sport performance during high intensity and medium duration physical exercise. The clearest proof of this is that Crossfitters are the ones that will benefit the most from this product. Although runners who compete in speed races (400m), tennis players, collective sports with an intermittent intensity or even gym users who use giant sets, super sets, circuits... All of them can take advantage of the benefits of beta-alanine supplementation.
It delays the fatigue
While obtaining energy without oxygen (high intensity workouts), the body produces hydron compounds, which are particles with an electric charge that accumulate in the cells. Their accumulation affects the pH and it is what makes us stop, since a very low pH can affect the muscle function and produces that “burning sensation” in the muscle.
Carnosine is an intracellular buffer that controls the hydron compounds that are released during this process thanks to its structure. Therefore, it delays the onset of fatigue during intense physical exercise (Derave et al., 2010).
In the positioning of the International Society of Sports Nutrition about beta-alanine, Trexler et al. (2015) concluded that:
Beta-alanine increases the performance during high intensity physical exercise
'When it lasts more than 60 seconds, being more effective at the beginning and at the end, as well as the time until we become exhausted', which can increase between a 8-15% in Athletics.
Beta-alanine can increase the duration of the workout
'These tasks require the collaboration of aerobic energy systems,' reaching a 13-14% in cycling competitions.
In addition, Trexler et al. (2015) also reached the conclusion that beta-alanine also has other positive when it comes to:
- Buffering the neuromuscular fatigue, specially in the elderly, increasing the physical capacity in a 37.3%.
- Increasing the workout volume.
- Beta-alanine has shown positive effects to develop tactic tasks.
One of the most supported supplements by the scientific community
Currently, beta-alanine is one of the supplements with the highest level of evidence about its effects on the sport performance.
Those athletes who do activities that last between 4’30” and 6’ are the ones that will benefit the most from taking beta-alanine.
From HSN, we bring you beta-alanine of the highest quality and purity, the same as the one used in clinical trials that have proven its efficacy, so that you will benefit from all its effects.
How to take Beta-Alanine?
You can take beta-alanine at any time of the day, although we suggest distributing the daily dose in several servings of 2 grams in order to avoid activating a subcutaneous receptor that causes a paresthesia or 'itchiness'.
It is a completely harmless symptom that will not compromise your health, although some people find it quite unpleasant. The effect will disappear around 30 minutes after taking it.
Mix two grams in 100ml of water or juice and drink twice a day. Take it for 4 weeks at least in order to experience its effects. The chronic intake of beta-alanine is safe and you do not have to stop taking it at any time.
How to take Beta-Alanine?
Beta-alanine has a synergistic effect with creatine monohydrate, specially in strength sports.
- Derave, W., Everaert, I., Beeckman, S., & Baguet, A. (2010). Muscle carnosine metabolism and beta-alanine supplementation in relation to exercise and training. Sports Medicine (Auckland, N.Z.), 40(3), 247–263.
- Javadi, S., Yousefi, R., Hosseinkhani, S., Tamaddon, A.-M., & Uversky, V. N. (2017). Protective effects of carnosine on dehydroascorbate-induced structural alteration and opacity of lens crystallins: important implications of carnosine pleiotropic functions to combat cataractogenesis. Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics, 35(8), 1766–1784.
- Kerksick, C. M., Wilborn, C. D., Roberts, M. D., Smith-Ryan, A., Kleiner, S. M., Jäger, R., … Kreider, R. B. (2018). ISSN exercise & sports nutrition review update: research & recommendations. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 15(1), 38.
- Perim, P., Marticorena, F. M., Ribeiro, F., Barreto, G., Gobbi, N., Kerksick, C., … Saunders, B. (2019). Can the Skeletal Muscle Carnosine Response to Beta-Alanine Supplementation Be Optimized? Frontiers in Nutrition, 6, 135.
- Trexler, E. T., Smith-Ryan, A. E., Stout, J. R., Hoffman, J. R., Wilborn, C. D., Sale, C., … Antonio, J. (2015). International society of sports nutrition position stand: Beta-Alanine. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12, 30.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 2g|
|Daily dose: 4g|
|Servings per container: 75|
Ingredients de BETA ALANINE POWDER 150g:100% Beta-alanine (GMO FREE*). *It does not contain Genetically Modified Organisms.
How to take BETA ALANINE POWDER 150g:Mix 2g with water, juice or any pre-workout drink you like, twice a day.
Warnings de BETA ALANINE POWDER 150g:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Videos Related To BETA ALANINE POWDER
In this section you can see and download the research carried out by independent certified laboratories, providing the most precise and detailed information of each one.
It works well as a pre-workout shake, I like to combine it with creatine and citrulline. It increases stamina during the workout session which allows to increase the number of sets progressivelyHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
The itchiness is part of the process, I would reduce the dose if it became unbearable, although I've never reached that point. Otherwise it is a good supplement.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Good product, not my format
I have noticed that I recover successfully between sets, which directly results in a better performance. Although I personally do not like this format, I think I'll stick to capsules.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics