N-ACETYL L-TYROSINE POWDER
- N-acetyl-L-tyrosine (NALT) powder
- Indispensable conditionally essential amino acid
- 100% pure active ingredient
- Without excipients
- Without animal ingredients, vegan product
What is N-acetyl-L-tyrosine powder?
N-acetyl-L-tyrosine by HSNraw is a product made only from the acetyl L-tyrosine amino acid, a form that has unique properties when compared to its nonacetylated version.
N-acetyl-L-tyrosine is a food supplement that has been produced without allergens or excipients in its formulation. Therefore a 100% of its content is active product.
A Vegan amino acid, produced from raw ingredients that do not come from animal sources, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Do you want to find out all the properties about our N-acetyl-L-tyrosine? It is one of the favorite supplements of students and strength athletes. Keep reading to find out more!
Why take N-acetyl-L-tyrosine powder?
L-tyrosine is a conditionally essential amino acid (EFSA, 2011).
An amino acid is conditionally essential when its requirements exceed our ability to produce it endogenously in order to maintain the metabolic balance.
In other words, our body can use other amino acids (L-phenylalanine) to produce L-tyrosine. However, in highly demanding situations, such as stressful circumstances, we will need to increase the intake of this amino acid in order to meet the daily requirements.
L-tyrosine performs a key function in the endocrine system, but before...
Why choose N-acetyl-L-tyrosine?
N-acetyl-L-tyrosine, also known as NALT, is a precursor of the amino acid L-tyrosine. Our body transforms it in the kidneys, which removes its acetyl group to become L-tyrosine (Magnusson et al., 1989).
Despite the need to transform it, everything seems to point to a promising precursor of L-tyrosine.
It is being studied if NALT could increase the tyrosine concentrations in the brain faster and more efficiently, like we can observe in the study by Topall by Laborit (1989).
Tip from the experts:
This is something that makes sense chemically, since the acetylation of an amino acid increases its lipolytic features, so that it will be able to enter the cells and cross physical barriers of the organism. (Di and Kems, 2016).
Many common users of nootropics report a more intense cognitive effect after using N-acetyl-L-tyrosine.
What does N-acetyl-L-tyrosine do in the organism?
NALT works like L-tyrosine itself in the organism, being a precursor of the synthesis of catecholamines such as dopamine, noradrenaline and adrenaline (Jameson et al., 2016).
This is a key role in the organism, since catecholamines regulate important processes such as releasing fatty acids from the cells, stimulating the heart activity, increasing the respiratory frequency and the communication between neurons.
That is why many strength athletes use N-acetyl-L-tyrosine in their pre-workout shakes. In fact, it helps them sharpen their focus and improve the sport performance thanks to the effect of catecholamines.
NALT to study
There are many studies about the effect of L-tyrosine in order to improve the focus and cognitive performance in general.
Jongkees et al. (2015) carried out a review of the clinical literature in humans where they concluded that there were instances when increasing the tyrosine concentrations in the organism could:
- Improve the mood.
- Shorten the reaction time.
- Improve the working memory.
- Improve the convergent thinking.
- Improve the reasoning and focus.
Mainly in subjects that always follow the same pattern: healthy adults subjected to stressful situation.
The authors concluded that:
“Tyrosine (and therefore, NALT) is a quite promising cognition enhancer and perhaps of the mood too, but only in healthy individuals who are dealing with stressful situations or high cognitive demands” (Jongkees et al., 2015).
Why buy N-acetyl-L-tyrosine in HSN?
Without animal ingredients
Many companies from the competence obtain their amino acids from animal sources. The feathers from birds, hair from animals, and even human hair are cheap sources in order to extract their amino acids and their use is not forbidden at all.
In HSN we always make an effort to always choose the best sources, trying to make products suitable for vegans too.
That is why the raw material we have used in our N-acetyl-L-tyrosine does not come from animal ingredients apart from not being in contact with them during their production.
That is why this product is completely suitable for vegans.
Without excipients or allergens
The NALT products available in the market use additives to improve the solubility, add flavor and fragrance to the product. In fact, sometimes they also use bulking agents to “fill” the content too.
We just have to take a look to the nutritional information of the product:
How much N-acetyl-L-tyrosine does it provide per serving?
As you can see in our product:
One scoop of 400mg contains 400mg of N-acetyl-L-tyrosine, that is, a 100% of the content is pure active ingredient.
Because that is what a RAW product should be, RAW. If it has a high quality it will not need additives.
Thanks to the complete absence of other ingredients, our product is 100% allergen-free and it can be consumed by any adult.
How to take N-acetyl-L-tyrosine powder?
Mix one scoop in 150-200ml of water or juice an drink once a day.
We suggest using it without other amino acids or protein sources in order to enhance its absorption by the bowel. A good intake protocol would be:
30 minutes before studying or training on an empty stomach.
How can we combine N-acetyl-L-tyrosine powder?
The best option would be to combine it with other nootropic products:
A good choice would be DMAE, especially if you are going to study.
If you are going to use it as your pre-workout, you can combine it with our natural caffeine powder.
The ultimate product stack to get through the hardest circumstances!
- Di, L., & Kerns, E. H. (2016). Chapter 10 - Blood-Brain Barrier. In L. Di & E. H. Kerns (Eds.), Drug-Like Properties (Second Edition) (Second Edition, pp. 141–159).
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2011). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to L-tyrosine and contribution to normal synthesis of catecholamines (ID 1928), increased attention (ID 440, 1672, 1930), and contribution to normal muscle function (ID 1929) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 9(6), 2270.
- Jameson, J. L., Krester, D., Grossman, A., Potts, J., De Groot, L., Giudice, L., . . . Weir, G. (2016). Endocrinology: Adult & Pediatric. n.d., n.d.: Elsevier Saunders.
- Jongkees, B. J., Hommel, B., Kühn, S., & Colzato, L. S. (2015). Effect of tyrosine supplementation on clinical and healthy populations under stress or cognitive demands-A review. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 70, 50–57.
- Magnusson, I., Ekman, L., Wångdahl, M., & Wahren, J. (1989). N-acetyl-l-tyrosine and N-acetyl-l-cysteine as tyrosine and cysteine precursors during intravenous infusion in humans. Metabolism, 38(10), 957–961.
- Topall, G., & Laborit, H. (1989). Brain tyrosine increases after treating with prodrugs: comparison with tyrosine. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 41(11), 789–791.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (400mg)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop (400mg)|
|Servings per container: 375|
Ingredients de N-ACETYL L-TYROSINE POWDER 150g:N-Acetyl L-tyrosine.
How to take N-ACETYL L-TYROSINE POWDER 150g:Mix 1 scoop (400mg approx.) in water, juice or any drink of your choice, drink once a day.
Warnings de N-ACETYL L-TYROSINE POWDER 150g:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
I decided to go for this product and both my physical and mental performance have improved after using it for a while. It was a great surprise.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics