- L-theanine powder
- Amino acid naturally present in tea
- Highest purity, 100% active ingredient
- Raw format, unflavored
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
What is L-theanine powder?
L-theanine is an HSNraw is a product made only from the amino acid L-theanine, obtained without animal ingredients and other additives.
A 100% raw product, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Why take L-theanine powder?
L-theanine is the main amino acid that is present in the tea leaves (Camellia sinensis), making up more than a 50% of its total amino acid composition.
The tea leaves are, and have been for centuries, an element used by eastern cultures that recognized an endless world of properties. The current review has focused on finding out the origin of the effects of tea. Some of them point out that L-theanine is one of the ingredients that can improve the mood of those who drink tea regularly. (Rothenberg y Zhang, 2019).
L-theanine has a very similar structure to glutamic acid, which is what made researchers so interested about the neurological mechanisms due to its similar with this important neurotransmitter precursor.
L-theanine and stress
One of the most important research lines about the effects of L-theanine is about its ability to increase the resilience. In other words, the psychological and physiological control of the body against stressful situations.
Did you know that…
L-theanine is a very popular food supplement among students before exams?
Some trials show positive effects on stress markers without producing somnolence or inhibition, you will not feel “sleepy”.
Kimura et al. (2007) conducted an experiment with 12 healthy people what were subjected to a highly stressful activity (simulating an exam). Two groups were given L-theanine and the other was a placebo. The results from the group that took L-theanine were:
- Less variations in the feeling of perceived stress subjectively.
- Lower heart rate during the whole test, they were calm.
- They had a lower immune response (IgA).
The authors concluded that L-theanine, taken before or during an arithmetic performance trial is useful to regulate the response to stress.
L-theanine and mental performance
If you are interested in the “anti-stress” effect of L-theanine, but:
If I take it before an exam, will it improve my performance apart from reducing the stress?
It can help indirectly, since stress can negatively affect your ability to stay focused.
Giving L-theanine daily for 4 weeks to stressed adults can improve the cognition due to a less amount of stress and anxiety. The subjects from the study particularly improved their verbal fluency and the writing speed during the trials (Hidese et al., 2019).
L-theanine and sleep
Taking L-theanine for 4 weeks was related to:
- Less sleep latency (the time it takes to fall asleep).
- Less sleep perturbations (we wake up less times).
Hidese et al. (2019)
The authors concluded that using L-theanine at least 4 weeks reduced the problems related to sleep quality suffered by healthy adults who experienced a lot of stress daily.
Why buy L-theanine in HSN?
Our L-theanine powder has the highest purity possible. In fact, 100% of the protect is L-theanine.
We have extracted the amino acids as much as possible, isolating it from any other compound, so that each serving of 250mg of product will have 250mg net grams of theanine.
Pure active ingredient of the highest quality!
You asked for it, so here it is!
We also have L-theanine capsules available. However, many customers prefer raw products due to their dosing or the complete lack of excipients.
Have you noticed that our L-theanine does not have additives? None!
Without preservatives, humectants, emulsifiers... This product does not need any of that.
Suitable for everyone
Our L-theanine has been made without using animal ingredients or a catalyst derived from these during its processing.
Therefore, its use is completely suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Anyone can use our L-theanine, since we have not used any element that may contaminate the product during its manufacturing process, resulting in a 100% allergen-free L-theanine.
Those who are allergic to gluten, milk protein, lactose, soy, nuts, as well as vegetarians and vegan... All of them can use our L-theanine!
In addition, it is a product without genetically modified organisms in its composition.
How to take L-theanine powder?
Mix one scoop in 100-150ml of water or juice and drink it once a day to meet the recommended daily dose.
You can do so at different times, preferably far from the meals, for example:
A study by Kimura et al. (2007) used it 20 minutes before a stressful test, while the study by Hidese et al. (2019) used it just before sleeping.
Both studies showed positive results, which is why these are the best times to use this product.
How to combine L-theanine powder?
You can combine L-theanine with caffeine, like in the trials by Giesbrecht et al. (2010) that reported a synergy between both products.
Another option would be to combine L-theanine with products like GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter that has the ability to improve our quality of sleep (Byun et al., 2018).
All the options are within your reach here in HSN!
- Byun, J. I., Shin, Y. Y., Chung, S. E., & Shin, W. C. (2018). Safety and efficacy of gamma-aminobutyric acid from fermented rice germ in patients with insomnia symptoms: A randomized, double-blind trial. Journal of Clinical Neurology (Korea), 14(3), 291–295.
- Giesbrecht, T., Rycroft, J. A., Rowson, M. J., & De Bruin, E. A. (2010). The combination of L-theanine and caffeine improves cognitive performance and increases subjective alertness. Nutritional Neuroscience, 13(6), 283–290.
- Hidese, S., Ogawa, S., Ota, M., Ishida, I., Yasukawa, Z., Ozeki, M., & Kunugi, H. (2019). Effects of L-Theanine administration on stress- related symptoms and cognitive functions in healthy adults: A randomized controlled trial. Nutrients, 11(10), 2362.
- Kimura, K., Ozeki, M., Juneja, L. R., & Ohira, H. (2007). l-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biological Psychology, 74(1), 39–45.
- O’neill Rothenberg, D., & Zhang, L. (2019). Mechanisms underlying the anti-depressive effects of regular tea consumption. Nutrients, 11(6).
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (250mg)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop (250mg)|
|Servings per container: 600|
How to take L-THEANINE POWDER 150g:Mix 1 scoop (250mg approx.) in water, juice or any drink of your choice, drink once a day.
Warnings:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Focus for exams
This year, I decided I needed a little bit of help with my exams and I decided to go for this product and caffeine. They gave me an energy boost and improved my focus!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics