- Smart Caffeine.
- With CaffXtend® raw material.
- Slow-release caffeine: Longer-lasting effects without spikes.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- With L-theanine, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, and zinc.
Table of contents
- HSN Introduces Smart Caffeine. Your best ally in your study sessions
- A unique formulation: Intelligent caffeine contains CaffXtend® for the best effects
- Smart Caffeine properties of interest to you as a student
- At HSN we take care of the details: Our smart caffeine is the result of our love of food supplements
- What products can I combine Smart Caffeine with?
HSN Introduces Smart Caffeine. Your best ally in your study sessions
Smart Caffeine by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules, based on a combination of natural caffeine anhydrous from coffee beans, the amino acid L-Theanine, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, and zinc.
Caffeine is the most widely used alkaloid in the world through the extensive use of drinks such as tea and coffee. L-theanine is the main amino acid constituent of the leaves of the tea plant (Camellia sinensis).
This product is made from ingredients that are 100% free from traces of animal derivatives.
Smart Caffeine is a product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
A unique formulation: Intelligent caffeine contains CaffXtend® for the best effects
The caffeine in this formula is CaffXtend®. A unique ingredient, as it is released over 12 hours thanks to a patented technology (according to Inventia Healthcare Ltd, the brand's proprietary company).
Why do we use CaffXtend® in our improved smart caffeine?
Immediate-release caffeine is not the best option when it comes to using caffeine for studying, as its effect is fast and intense, but it does not last over time and after a few hours fatigue sets in quickly and unexpectedly, making you feel a 'dip'. This is what we called a 'caffeine crash'.
As CaffXtend® is released for much longer than immediate-release caffeine:
Up to 12 hours vs minutes.
Its effects are more sustained over time, something that has been highlighted by recent studies showing that, although total caffeine absorption is identical between the immediate and prolonged speed, its effects are better in the case of the prolonged speed several hours after ingestion, and there is no caffeine 'crash' because there are no 'peaks' or ' dips'.
CaffXtend® is the best option for students, and that's why it's the star of our smart caffeine.
Smart Caffeine properties of interest to you as a student
- Pantothenic acid contributes to normal intellectual performance.
- Pantothenic acid contributes to the synthesis and normal metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D, and some neurotransmitters.
- Vitamin B6 helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Zinc contributes to normal cognitive function.
At HSN we take care of the details: Our smart caffeine is the result of our love of food supplements
Carefully selected doses.
The dose ratio between caffeine and L-theanine is an important factor in establishing the pattern of action of the compound, and the choice of dose is relevant.
Our product contains a dose of 150mg of caffeine and 200mg of L-theanine per capsule.
In vegan capsules
Capsule products sometimes present problems for people who do not consume animal foods, as gelatine is used as a glazing agent.
HSN avoids the use of gelatine in our capsules and instead uses a polymer derived from cellulose, of vegetable origin.
Our capsules are veggies, and smart caffeine is a 100% vegetarian and vegan friendly product.
What products can I combine Smart Caffeine with?
With HSN products such as:
Studies on the subject
- Fisone, G., Borgkvist, A., & Usiello, A. (2004). Caffeine as a psychomotor stimulant: Mechanism of action. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 61(7–8), 857–872.
- Giesbrecht, T., Rycroft, J. A., Rowson, M. J., & De Bruin, E. A. (2010). The combination of L-theanine and caffeine improves cognitive performance and increases subjective alertness. Nutritional Neuroscience, 13(6), 283–290.
- Kahathuduwa, C. N., Dassanayake, T. L., Amarakoon, A. M. T., & Weerasinghe, V. S. (2017). Acute effects of theanine, caffeine and theanine–caffeine combination on attention. Nutritional Neuroscience, 20(6), 369–377.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (s.f.) PubChem Database. L-Theanine, CID=439378, (Recuperado en junio de 2020).
1 In doses of at least 75mg.
2 In doses of at least 75mg.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Long-acting natural granulated caffeine (CaffXtend®)|
|of calcium D-pantothenate|
|of pyridoxine hydrochloride|
|of zinc citrate|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|