BRAIN CARE *
- Exclusive HSN formula.
- With Ginkgo biloba extract and Huperzine A from Huperzia serrata.
- With Citicoline (CDP-Choline).
- With Sunflower Phosphatidylserine. Free from soya and fish.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Especially for seniors and students.
- Supply up to 2 months (120 caps).
Table of contents
Brain Care by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from plant extracts from ginkgo and huperzia leaves, with phosphatidylserine, citicoline, glycine, vitamins and minerals.
The Brain Care formula has been exclusively developed by our researchers specialised in the development of food supplements: Unique products.
Brain Care is a food supplement suitable for vegan diets.
- Ginkgo biloba helps maintain mental well-being (e.g. by maintaining attention in short-term working memory and during times of increased stress).
- Ginkgo biloba helps maintain good cognitive functions by contributing to normal blood circulation, which is associated with brain performance and reactivity.
- Ginkgo biloba contributes to mental and cognitive activities.
- Ginkgo biloba helps maintain memory with ageing and preserve cognitive function.
- Huperzia serrata improves overall mental functioning.
Brain Care also contains:
- Vitamin B5: Pantothenic acid contributes to normal intellectual performance.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells against oxidative damage.
- Zinc: Zinc contributes to normal cognitive function.
- Copper: Copper contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
Brain Care contains citicoline or CDP-Choline, considered as a 'novel' ingredient.
Citicoline is a compound derived from choline, formed by: Choline + 2 phosphate groups + Cytidine.
It is the perfect addition to complete Brain Care.
Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid, a molecule with an amphipathic structure (NCBI, 2020).
At Brain Care we have used pure phosphatidylserine from sunflower, a non-allergenic vegetable source, making it fully compatible with anyone's diet.
The best and most specific selection of nutrients for you.
Brain Care , physically or virtually, is not marketed anywhere else by any other brand, as it is an exclusive HSN formula.
The development of the most advanced food supplements by HSN is a top priority, and the R&D&I department works on a daily basis in search of:
- New compounds potentially usable in specifically targeted food supplements.
- New raw materials, of the highest quality, standardised, highly concentrated and pure, the best of the best.
- Rigorous scientific trials, randomised, double-blind controlled on large samples of humans in order to establish effective amounts.
All the work of the department is embodied in unique food supplements such as Brain Care.
Herbal extracts are concentrated versions of certain parts of plants, recognised for their high concentration of chemical constituents.
At HSN you will find a carefully selected range of extracts obtained from the most highly valued parts of the vegetables sources on display.
|Others||Ginkgo biloba||Stems and roots|
We declare the parts used in all our extracts, as they are not all the same.
For example, the high concentrations of flavone glycosides and terpene lactones in Ginkgo biloba are found in the leaves of the plant, not in the roots or stems, which many brands use to cut costs.
We do not limit ourselves to the use of the best herbal sources, but also use the best raw materials on the market.
How? Quite simply, by standardising the extracts.
Standardisation is a practice based on ensuring a certain content of the chemical constituents of the plant that are of nutritional interest to the consumer.
Companies that do not standardise the concentration of their herbal extracts cannot guarantee a high quality of their products.
Brain Care by HSN is standardised and concentrated:
|Ginkgo biloba Leafs||50:1|
24% Flavone Glycosides
6% Terpene lactones
|Huperzia serrata Leafs||40:1||1% Huperzine A|
Brain Care is available in 60 and 120 capsule formats.
A total supply for 30 and 60 days, respectively, of continuous use of the food supplement, plus quantity per unit for convenience.
One bottle of Brain Care 120 capsules lasts 2 months, 60 days of daily use at the recommended dose.
In HSN we have a clear view on the compatibility of food supplements in diets:
Food supplements should, wherever possible, be suitable for any dietary orientation or approach.
Therefore, like more than 90% of our food supplements, Brain Care is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, as it is not made with any ingredients of animal origin, including additives.
And the capsules?
This is a big question for any vegetarian, as the capsules are almost always made from gelatine.
In our products , we use hypromellose, derived from vegetable cellulose, for encapsulation, allowing vegetarians and vegans to use food supplements in capsules.
External links to learn more:
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (2020). PubChem Compound Summary for CID 6323481, Phosphatidyl-L-serine. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
- Purves, D., Augustine, G. J., Fitzpatrick, D., Katz, L. C., Lamantia, A., McNamara, J. O., & Williams, M. S. (2000). Neuroscience (2nd Bk & Cdr ed.). Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates Inc.
- Amenta, F., & Tayebati, S. K. (2008). Pathways of acetylcholine synthesis, transport and release as targets for treatment of adult-onset cognitive dysfunction. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 15(5), 488–498.
- Wang, R., & Tang, X. C. (2005). Neuroprotective effects of huperzine A. A natural cholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Neuro-Signals, 14(1–2), 71–82.
- Kennedy, D. O., Scholey, A. B., & Wesnes, K. A. (2002). Modulation of cognition and mood following administration of single doses of Ginkgo biloba, ginseng, and a ginkgo/ginseng combination to healthy young adults. Physiology & behavior, 75(5), 739–751.
- Latifi, S., Tamayol, A., Habibey, R., Sabzevari, R., Kahn, C., Geny, D., Eftekharpour, E., Annabi, N., Blau, A., Linder, M., & Arab-Tehrany, E. (2016). Natural lecithin promotes neural network complexity and activity. Scientific reports, 6, 25777.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Ginkgo biloba leaf extract (50:1) (24% flavone glycosides and 6% terpene lactones)|
|Huperzia serrata leaf extract (40:1) (1% huperzine A)|
|of D-alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate|
|of calcium D-pantothenate|
|of copper bisglycinate|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|