One of the most successful approaches to achieving our goal is to incorporate a Fitness Brunch into our fitness diet.
Every day we have the opportunity to undertake new and exciting adventures. There is nothing like being in good shape and enjoying every moment, with energy and optimism.
What is Brunch?
Although the word isn’t in the Royal Spanish Academy dictionary, we can affirm that its meaning stems from the combination of the English words “breakfast” and “lunch”.
So, brunch is nothing more than a meal that combines a traditional breakfast and a plentiful lunch.
When is it eaten?
Brunch is generally served late-morning, after 10 am, and can extend to 3 pm, depending on the geographic location.
Where did the idea of Brunch come from?
This attractive culinary proposal originated at the end of the 19th century in England. And it has a social explanation, as it seems to have emerged among the British upper class.
Most aristocratic families tended to give servants Sunday off, so they were asked to prepare a buffet before leaving, including jams and other breakfast items, to be eaten around midday, served with tea or coffee, and combined with other dishes.
Brunch on holidays 😛 .
How to incorporate Brunch into your fitness diet?
Generally, the majority of people that live a healthy lifestyle, whether simply to stay fit and healthy or because they are athletes, follow a diet set by nutritionists, in which breakfast is generally proposed to be eaten separately from lunch.
However, in today’s world where everything seems to move so fast, it is possible to join the two meals into one and resultantly free up more time in the morning, with the aim of getting on with more work and training and then consuming the necessary nutrients in one big, complete and varied meal.
As a result, there is a growing trend to include a healthy brunch in our fitness diet.
Next, we’re going to explain how to do it!
How to prepare a healthy Brunch?
Among the many advantages a healthy brunch can offer, you can be very creative and play with different ingredients, opening up a world of exquisite flavours.
Ingredients to use
The ingredients that you can’t have lacking in a fitness brunch proposal are the following:
- Drinks: tea, coffee, natural juices, shakes.
- Varied nuts and fruits: bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, strawberries and all those in season. You can serve them with yoghurt or eat them as a snack.
- Savoury or sweet toast: you can cover the toast with, for example, nut spreads or butters (peanuts, almonds or cashews), or homemade marmalades, etc.
- Vegetables: carrots, celery or sweet potato sticks or whatever you like; you can combine it with hummus or other dips.
- Varied biscuits: prepared with oats or rye, combined with nuts and/or seeds to achieve rich flavours and textures.
- Crepes: made with oat or rice flours, savoury or sweet.
- Eggs: you can cook them as you like: scrambled, poached, baked.
What’s more, preparing a healthy and delicious brunch is super easy, as long as we have the best motivation for getting into the kitchen.
Healthy Brunch Recipe
Recipe Tips: Tabbouleh
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Bowl
- Number of servings: 1
- Cooking style: American
- Half a cup of bulgur wheat, although you can also use couscous or quinoa.
- Half a cup of fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 fresh tomato
- 2 spring onions
- A splash of olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- A pinch of salt
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||2,2g|
|of which sugars:||6,3g|
How to make: Tabbouleh
- First, hydrate the bulgur by soaking it for 10 minutes or cook the couscous/quinoa as if it were rice.
- Chop the parsley, mint and spring onions, and cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Drain the bulgur and press it so that the water comes out.
- Then put it in a bowl with the other ingredients and season it to taste.
Fitness Brunch Ideas
In this section we are going to offer you some sweet and savoury recipes so that you can prepare different healthy brunch options with few utensils and without any complications.
Savoury Brunch Recipes
Sweet Brunch Recipes
- “Joy of cooking. All about breakfast and brunch” Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, Ethan Becker (2006).
- Personal contributions.