L-SELENOMETHIONINE (200mcg SELENIUM)
- 200mcg of selenium per serving.
- Indispensable element for immune and hormone health.
- Vegetable capsules.
- L-selenomethionine, organic and highly bioavailable form.
- Product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
What is L-Selenomethionine (200mcg Selenium)?
L-Selenomethionine by HSNessentials is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from organic selenium, which is more bioavailable when it comes to its absorption by the organism.
Selenium is an essential mineral (trace element) in the organism, since it makes up more than 25 selenoproteins that regulate many functions for our health that we could not live without.
L-Selenomethionine has been made without ingredients from animals in its composition, neither in terms of its raw ingredients nor to produce its capsules. Therefore, this product is 100% suitable for vegans.
Why take L-Selenomethionine (200mcg Selenium)?
Because selenium is an indispensable trace element that we need to obtain from the diet in order to avoid a deficiency.
In this case, selenium is bound to the amino acid L-methionine (forming L-selenomethionine). This format has pharmacokinetic advantages when compared to other products with inorganic sources of selenium (like selenite and selenate) which support our health.
L-Selenomethionine, an active “reserve” source
The sources of inorganic selenium that we take from the diet are partly used by the body, while a the rest is eliminated, that is:
The inorganic selenate that is usually sold by food supplementation companies is BARELY efficient, from cheap sources and with an improvable quality.
On the contrary, the L-selenomethionine from our product is a complex that combines an amino acid with a trace element, which:
- Is up to 40% more bioavailable than other selenium sources (IoM, 2000).
- Binds to proteins to replace L-methionine and creates a “reserve” so that we will have selenium whenever we need (Fairweather-Tait et al., 2010).
This does not happen with the cheap forms that are sold in the market, which make you lose a good part of the positive effects of natural selenium.
Properties of selenium
Like we mentioned previously, selenium is essential because it makes up many enzymes that catalyze metabolic reactions.
A selenium deficiency can trigger secondary hypothyroidism, male infertility, serious alterations in the cardiovascular system, immunosuppression, muscle weakness and joint deterioration.
You have to make sure that you take enough selenium! The main sources are fungi and vegetables... Are you sure that you are eating enough green leaf vegetables?
If that is not the case, using L-selenomethionine supplementation is a great choice to make sure that you have enough selenium and to:
- Keep your nails and hair healthy.
- Support the functioning of your immune system.
- Support the spermatozoa production.
- Support the proper functioning of the thyroid gland so that it will maintain the basal metabolism.
- Protect the DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative stress, like an antioxidant.
Are you going to miss out all the incredible proteins of selenium? I would not!
Why purchase L-Selenomethionine (200mcg Selenium) in HSN?
L-selenomethionine is a form of organic selenium and, like we said before:
- It is highly absorbable in the bowel.
- It can be stored in the proteins from the tissues, like a reserve.
- It reduces its elimination.
It is the most efficient way of providing selenium through the diet. Forget about cheap formulas!
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Our L-selenomethionine has been produced from raw ingredients without using those that come from animals.
Unlike the companies from the competence that offer selenium food supplements, we do not use gelatin to make our glazing agents.
Instead, we have decided to use a modified plant polymer called cellulose, which is why our supplement comes in veggie capsules and together...
This product is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
How to take L-Selenomethionine (200mcg Selenium)?
Take one capsule once a day.
It is advisable to take the capsules with a meal. This product can be taken at any time of the day, since you will experience its positive effects just by taking it in the long term, without interrupting its intake.
How can we combine L-Selenomethionine (200mcg Selenium)?
L-Selenomethionine goes well with vitamins and minerals such as:
- Fairweather-Tait, S. J., Collings, R., & Hurst, R. (2010). Selenium bioavailability: current knowledge and future research requirements. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 91(5), 1484S-1491S.
- Institute of Medicine (US) Panel on Dietary Antioxidants and Related Compounds. (2000). Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, and Carotenoids. In Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, and Carotenoids.
- Roman, M., Jitaru, P., & Barbante, C. (2014). Selenium biochemistry and its role for human health. Metallomics?: Integrated Biometal Science, 6(1), 25–54.
- Schrauzer, G. N. (2000). Selenomethionine: A Review of Its Nutritional Significance, Metabolism and Toxicity. The Journal of Nutrition, 130(7), 1653–1656.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|