ZINC CITRATE (25mg ZINC)
- 25mg elemental zinc per serving.
- Vegetable capsules.
- Highly bioavailable form.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Z¡nc Citrate (25mg zinc) by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules, based on zinc salts of citric acid.
Zinc is an essential trace element and must be consumed through the diet.
We have developed a zinc product suitable for use by vegetarians and vegans, as no animal-derived ingredients have been used in its production.
Because zinc is an essential element for the human organism, as we lack the ability to synthesise it ourselves and it is required for the co-activation of many enzymes.
Zinc deficiency is relatively common, with approximately 31% of the world's population having a deficient zinc status, according to the World Health Organisation (Caulfield and Black in WHO 2004).
Zinc has multiple functions in the organism, including the following:
- Contributes to normal DNA synthesis.
- Contributes to normal cognitive function.
- Contributes to normal fertility and reproduction.
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal nails, skin and hair.
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood.
- Contributes to the protection of cells against oxidative stress.
Zinc citrate is a zinc salt that is produced to increase the environmental stability of the mineral, and to improve its organoleptic properties.
This is a complex that has been shown, together with gluconate, to have a maximum absorption rate of the mineral in the digestive tract (Wegmüller, 2014).
Each capsule contains 25mg of elemental zinc, an amount sufficient to meet the FAO's recommended intake of this nutrient.
In HSN we work very hard on the raw materials selection used to make the products we develop, as well as the choice of the ingredients that make up their formulation and which allow them to be presented in different formats (such as capsules).
Today, virtually all of our capsule products are veggies, and our zinc citrate is no exception, of course!
This product has been produced without the use of animal-derived substrates and no animal-derived excipients have been used in its composition.
Did you know that...
Most of the capsules used by other food supplement companies' products are not suitable for vegans?
No! They use gelatine, which is extracted from the connective tissue of bovine and porcine breeds.
Our capsule products are made with a coating agent created with a structure similar to vegetable cellulose, which is not of animal origin.
Our zinc citrate is suitable for use in vegetarian and vegan diets.
You only need one capsule a day to reach the daily recommendations for this nutrient.
It is preferable to use this product on an empty stomach or, failing that, away from meals to avoid inhibitions between minerals.
If gastrointestinal discomfort is experienced, it should be associated with a meal preferably with low amounts of iron.
You can combine it with products such as:
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2009). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to zinc pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 7(10), 1229.
- Wegmüller, R., Tay, F., Zeder, C., Brni?, M., & Hurrell, R. F. (2014). Zinc Absorption by Young Adults from Supplemental Zinc Citrate Is Comparable with That from Zinc Gluconate and Higher than from Zinc Oxide. The Journal of Nutrition, 144(2), 132–136.
- World Health Organization. (2004). Comparative Quantification of Health Risks: Sexual and reproductive health. Ginebra, Suiza: World Health Organization.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|of zinc citrate|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|