VITAMIN D3 + VITAMIN K2 4000IU/100mcg
- 4000IU of vitamin D3 + 100µg of vitamin K2
- Natural plant vitamins
- In veggie capsules
- Highly bioavailable forms
- The best raw ingredients in the market
- Product suitable for vegetarians and vegans
What is Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 100µg/100µg?
Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 100µg/100µg by EssentialSeries is a product in vegetable capsules made from vitamin D3 from lichen and vitamin K2 menaquinone-7 (MenaquinGold®) extracted from natto.
Here you have a product with the most bioavailable forms according to scientific evidence when it comes to improving the absorption and bioavailability of both vitamins. They play a key role in regulating the calcium absorption.
This product does not contain ingredients from animals, which means that is completely suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Do you want to find out all the properties about our Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2? Keep reading!
Why take Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 100µg/100µg?
Because it is essential when it comes to supporting a proper calcium metabolism, helping to form the bones and preventing the accumulation of calcium in inadequate areas.
Osteoporosis, a problem that cannot be fixed only with calcium
More than 43.9% of the adult population suffers osteopenia (the precursor to osteoporosis). This condition drastically increases the risk of bone fractures (Wright et al., 2016).
In fact, osteoporosis is the main underlying cause of bone fractures in the world. Moreover, it is a risk factor that increases the mortality risk in adults.
Everyone knows about the role of calcium when it comes to preserving the bone density, but...
Did you know that…
We cannot efficiently absorb calcium without vitamin D3 or deposit it in the bone without vitamin K2?
We need both vitamins if we want strong bones!
Vitamin D3 and calcium
Vitamin D3 is closely linked to the calcium metabolism.
- It is capable of increasing the intestinal absorption calcium up to 4 times, since it is quite poor on its own and it requires this vitamin in order to be transported to the blood effectively.
- It increases the blood calcium concentrations by stimulating the bone remodeling.
- Moreover, it increases the calcium fixation to the bone matrix by stimulating the osteocalcin (protein that is involved in the process to increase the bone mass).
- It also increases the calcium re-absorption in the kidneys, taking as much advantage as possible.
- It controls the parathyroid hormone which stimulates the bone demineralization.
(González-Hernández, 2010; Wasilewski et al., 2019)
Vitamin K2 and its connection with vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 increases the calcium levels, but its ability to stimulate the calcium fixation to the bone is low.
On the contrary, vitamin K2 (menaquinone) is an essential cofactor in order to activate osteocalcin, a protein that supports the bone mineralization.
We need menaquinone so that the calcium present in our blood will fixate to the bone matrix instead of being deposited in the vascular system.
One of the risks of disproportionately increasing the blood calcium levels is that not all that calcium is going to be deposited in the bones. A part is eliminated and the other is used for other functions, while a fraction is deposited in inadequate areas.
These calcium deposits increase the risk of suffering cardiovascular events such as heart attacks or the onset of renal disorders such as calcium stones. Moreover, it is something dangerous that happens with osteoporosis.
Vitamin K2 is capable of inhibiting the MGP enzyme, which is in charge of this process (Wasilewski et al., 2019), balancing the whole calcium metabolism:
It activates the enzyme that deposits calcium in the bone and deactivates the enzyme that deposits this mineral in the blood vessels.
Why purchase Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 in HSN?
A unparalleled formula
In HSN, we have carefully studied the latest scientific studies in order to determine the best concentrations for both vitamins, so that they will perform their function on the bones optimally.
Each vegetable capsule contains 4000IU of vitamin D3 and 100mcg of vitamin K2. This is the most precise dose.
Highly bioavailable forms
There are many forms of vitamin D and vitamin K, but not all of them are the same.
Many companies sell products made from vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), since it is cheaper than vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), but are they equally effective?
No! Even if the biological effects are the same, vitamin D3 is more effective than vitamin D2 (Tripkovic et al., 2012).
That is why we need to pay close attention!
The same thing happens with vitamin K: the body metabolizes K1 (phylloquinone) and vitamin K2 (menaquinone) differently. In the end, it is less effective on the bones (Wasilewski et al., 2019).
There are many types of menaquinone, but menaquinone-7 from the patent MenaquinGold® is the best:
It is the most effective formula when it comes to increasing the vitamin K concentrations in the organism. Moreover, it remains active in our body for a longer time due to its chain length (Sato et al., 2012).
Our product has been made with vitamin D and K extracted from natural plant sources:
- Vitamin D3 from lichen, a unique ingredient that does not come from animals.
- Vitamin K2-MK7 comes from natto, a product that comes from soy without genetically modified organisms. 100% natural.
And the capsules have been made with hydroxypropylmethylcellulose instead of gelatin. So, unlike most of the products from the competence...
Our Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 is completely suitable for vegans, with ingredients from plants and no animal traces in its composition.
How to take Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 100µg/100µg?
Take one vegetable capsule once a day with a meal and that's it!
Both vitamins are fat soluble, so if you want to improve their absorption you should eat a source of fat during the meal.
How can we combine Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 100µg/100µg?
Combine it with products that will support the calcium metabolism, such as:
Our calcium citrate, an excellent choice when it comes to taking highly bioavailable elemental calcium.
If you also combine these vitamins with MCT powder, you will get a combination that will heighten the effects of the active ingredients, improving the absorption by the organism.
- González-Hernández, A. (2010). Principios de Bioquímica clínica y patología molecular. 1ed Editorial Elsevier.
- Sato, T., Schurgers, L. J., & Uenishi, K. (2012). Comparison of menaquinone-4 and menaquinone-7 bioavailability in healthy women. Nutrition Journal, 11(1), 93.
- Tripkovic, L., Lambert, H., Hart, K., Smith, C. P., Bucca, G., Penson, S., … Lanham-New, S. (2012). Comparison of vitamin D2and vitamin D3 supplementation in raising serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status: A systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 95(6), 1357–1364.
- Wasilewski, G. B., Vervloet, M. G., & Schurgers, L. J. (2019). The Bone—Vasculature Axis: Calcium Supplementation and the Role of Vitamin K. Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine, 6, 6.
- Wright, N. C., Looker, A. C., Saag, K. G., Curtis, J. R., Delzell, E. S., Randall, S., & Dawson-Hughes, B. (2014). The recent prevalence of osteoporosis and low bone mass in the United States based on bone mineral density at the femoral neck or lumbar spine. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, 29(11), 2520–2526.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)||100µg||2000%|
|Vitamin K2 (menaquinone)||100µg||133%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
VITAMIN D3 + VITAMINA K2 4000UI/100mcg - 120 veg caps ingredients:Bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], vegetable capsule [glazing agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], menaquinone-7 (natural vitamin K2, MenaquinGold®), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3, from lichen), anti-caking agents [E552 (calcium silicate, E470b (magnesium salts of fatty acids)].
How to take VITAMIN D3 + VITAMINA K2 4000UI/100mcg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule once a day, preferably before eating.
Warnings de VITAMIN D3 + VITAMINA K2 4000UI/100mcg - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Rich in calcium and a good combination of vitamins. I always forget about taking my supplements so the fact that the daily dose is just one capsule a day makes things very easy for me!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics