VITAMIN D3 + VITAMIN K2 4000IU/100mcg
- 4000UI of vitamin D3 + 100mcg of vitamin K2.
- Vitamins of vegetable and natural origin.
- In vegetable capsules.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 100mcg/100mcg by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from vitamin D3 from lichen and vitamin K2 menaquinone-7 extracted from natto.
Both vitamin D and vitamin K are nutritionally essential, in the case of vitamin D3 when skin exposure to UV radiation from the sun is insufficient.
This product not contains ingredients of animal origin in its composition, so it is completely suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Do you want to know all the properties of our Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2? Don't miss any detail!
Because they are essential vitamins, and in cases of insufficient synthesis (such as the winter months for vitamin D), their supply through the diet is required.
More than 43.9% of the adult population suffers from osteopenia (the stepping stone to the development of osteoporosis), a condition that dramatically increases their risk of fractures (Wright et al., 2016).
In fact, osteoporosis is the leading underlying cause of bone fractures in the world, and in older people it is a risk factor that increases the risk of mortality.
Everyone knows about the role of calcium in maintaining bone density, but the role of...
Did you know...
Do vitamin D and vitamin K also play a role in bone metabolism?
Vitamin D contributes to the normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, contributing to the maintenance of normal blood calcium levels.
Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
Vitamin K contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and the protection of cells against oxidative stress.
At HSN we have created our food supplement after determining the most suitable concentrations for both vitamins.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 4000IU vitamin D3 and 100mcg vitamin K2.
There are many forms of vitamin D and vitamin K, but they are not all the same.
Many companies market products based on vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), as it is a cheaper alternative to vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), but do they work in the same way?
Although the biological effects are the same, vitamin D3 may be more effective than vitamin D2 according to data from the meta-analysis by Tripkovic et al., 2012.
The same applies to vitamin K: K1 (phylloquinone) is metabolised differently from vitamin K2 (menaquinone) (Wasilewski et al., 2019), which is why many people opt for the latter form.
Its longer chain length means that the half-life of the vitamin is longer (Sato et al., 2012).
Our product is made with vitamin D and K extracted from natural plant sources:
- Vitamin D3 is derived from lichen, a unique organism of non-animal origin.
- Vitamin K2-MK7 is derived from natto, a plant-derived, non-GMO derivative of soy.
And the capsules are made with a vegetable coating agent, not gelatine, so unlike most competing products, the capsules are not made with gelatine....
Our Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 is completely suitable for vegans, with raw materials of vegetable origin and products with no animal traces in their composition.
Take one vegetable capsule, once a day with a meal and that's it!
Both vitamins are fat-soluble, so it is preferable to make use of a fat source during the meal to help.
Combine it with products such as:
Our Calcium citrate, an excellent choice for adding calcium to the diet.
This combination of products is very useful in combination with MCT powder.
Bibliography of interest
- González-Hernández, A. (2010). Principios de Bioquímica clínica y patología molecular. 1ed Editorial Elsevier.
- Sato, T., Schurgers, L. J., & Uenishi, K. (2012). Comparison of menaquinone-4 and menaquinone-7 bioavailability in healthy women. Nutrition Journal, 11(1), 93.
- Tripkovic, L., Lambert, H., Hart, K., Smith, C. P., Bucca, G., Penson, S., … Lanham-New, S. (2012). Comparison of vitamin D2and vitamin D3 supplementation in raising serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status: A systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 95(6), 1357–1364.
- Wasilewski, G. B., Vervloet, M. G., & Schurgers, L. J. (2019). The Bone—Vasculature Axis: Calcium Supplementation and the Role of Vitamin K. Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine, 6, 6.
- Wright, N. C., Looker, A. C., Saag, K. G., Curtis, J. R., Delzell, E. S., Randall, S., & Dawson-Hughes, B. (2014). The recent prevalence of osteoporosis and low bone mass in the United States based on bone mineral density at the femoral neck or lumbar spine. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, 29(11), 2520–2526.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||100µg||2000%|
|Vitamin K (as menaquinone-7)||100µg||133%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
VITAMIN D3 + VITAMINA K2 4000UI/100mcg - 120 veg caps ingredients:Bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose)], menaquinone-7 (natural vitamin K2), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3, from lichen), anti-caking agents (calcium silicate, magnesium salts of fatty acids).
Warnings de VITAMIN D3 + VITAMINA K2 4000UI/100mcg - 120 veg caps:Store in a cool (below 25°C), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
How to take
Take 1 vegetable capsule 1 time a day, preferably before eating.
No reviews found with filters applied.