- 1g of HMB per tablet!
- Gluten and lactose-free
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- 30 and 120 tablet format
What is EvoHMB 1000mg?
EvoHMB 1000mg by HSNsports is a food supplement made from Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate (HMB) with calcium and vitamin D.
HMB is a leucine metabolite. In other words, it is a product that results from taking leucine, which is an amino acid available in high quality protein sources. Its role consists on activating a protein complex known as mTORC1 (Sancak et al. 2008). Once activated, it is in charge of starting all the protein synthesis cell processes in order to increase our muscle mass.
However, only around a 5% of HMB comes from leucine, while a protein source has a 10% of leucine on average. Therefore, as the International Society of Sports Nutrition points out, 'an individual would need to take more than 600g of high quality protein to obtain the necessary amount of leucine (60 grams) to obtain the typical daily dose of 3g of HMB used in studies with humans'' (Wilson et al., 2013).
This is clearly inefficient, which is why EvoHMB 1000mg includes tablets with a gram of base HMB.
Why take it?
We have talked about the role of leucine on the protein synthesis in the muscle tissue, but why choose HMB and not leucine?
Well, 'HMB is capable of affecting both the metabolic pathways that regulate the protein synthesis as well as the protein breakdown in the muscle-skeletal tissue' (Wilson et al., 2013).
It seems that HMB performs the following functions:
- The activation of the mTORC1 pathway, just like its precursor, leucine.
- The differentiation of satellite cells, which are those that activate after the workout in order to produce the adaptations to the workout and hypertrophy (Murach et al., 2018).
- Buffers the muscle protein breakdown through a growth hormone-dependent pathway.
Moreover, EvoHMB 1000mg is a source of calcium that supports the muscle function and plays a role in the cell division and specialization processes.
High Vitamin D3 content per serving! A vitamin that supports the absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus. Moreover, it plays a role in the cell division and helps to preserve the muscle function.
When is the best time to take EvoHMB 1000mg?
You can take EvoHMB 1000mg at any time of the day. In fact, the most controlled studies suggest that 'there are no clear acute effects related to the moment when we take HMB supplementation'' (Wilson et al., 2009). Like many products, its effects seem to be due to an accumulative intake.
How to take it?
EvoHMB 1000mg comes in tablets with a slot in the middle so that you can easily break them in half. Take them at any time of the day with some water so that you can swallow it easily.
We suggest taking them with the meals rather than on an empty stomach in order to avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Murach, K. A., Fry, C. S., Kirby, T. J., Jackson, J. R., Lee, J. D., White, S. H., … Peterson, C. A. (2018). Starring or Supporting Role? Satellite Cells and Skeletal Muscle Fiber Size Regulation. Physiology (Bethesda, Md.), 33(1), 26–38. https://doi.org/10.1152/physiol.00019.2017
- Rodrigues Silva, V. R., Belozo, F., Micheletti, T., de Freitas, M., Stout, J., Pimentel, G., & Gonzalez, A. (2017). A systematic review on β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate free acid supplementation suggests improvements in measures of muscle recovery, performance, and hypertrophy following resistance training. Nutrition Research, 45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nutres.2017.07.008
- Sancak, Y., Peterson, T. R., Shaul, Y. D., Lindquist, R. A., Thoreen, C. C., Bar-Peled, L., & Sabatini, D. M. (2008). The Rag GTPases bind raptor and mediate amino acid signaling to mTORC1. Science (New York, N.Y.), 320(5882), 1496–1501. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1157535
- Wilson, J. M., Fitschen, P. J., Campbell, B., Wilson, G. J., Zanchi, N., Taylor, L., … Antonio, J. (2013). International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB). Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 10(1), 6. https://doi.org/10.1186/1550-2783-10-6
- Wilson, J. M., Kim, J.-S., Lee, S.-R., Rathmacher, J. A., Dalmau, B., Kingsley, J. D., … Panton, L. B. (2009). Acute and timing effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) on indirect markers of skeletal muscle damage. Nutrition & Metabolism, 6, 6. https://doi.org/10.1186/1743-7075-6-6
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 3 tablets|
|Servings per container: 40|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients de EVOHMB 1000mg - 120 tabs:Calcium beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate, bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], stabilizer [E463 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], anti-caking agents [E468 (cross-linked sodium carboxymethylcellulose), E551 (silicon dioxide) and E470b (magnesium salts of fatty acids)], cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) (from lichen).
How to take EVOHMB 1000mg - 120 tabs:Take 1 tablet, 3 times a day.
Warnings de EVOHMB 1000mg - 120 tabs:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Videos Related To EVOHMB 1000mg
I always take 1 capsule before bedtime to help me recover during the night. The capsules are a little big though.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
A must for my competitions
This product really makes a difference when it comes to hard workouts. I use it during competition season and it is what keeps me going.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
It has helped me avoid muscle catabolism even during the most demanding workouts.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
At first, I bought the 30 tablet format just to try it out. But I had to purchase another one before I even ran out of it. The formula is incredible and you can legit see that in how your muscle mass increases, although it will also be a matter of time a perseverance.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics