- Electrolytes powder
- Rich in Chloride, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium
- 254.9mg of Sodium per serving!
- With highly bioavailable formulas
- Optimal dissolution
- Plant electrolytes suitable for vegans
What are Electrolytes?
Electrolytes powder by HSNraw is a food supplement made from high quality mineral salts, only maltodextrin as bulking agent and without other additives, sweeteners or flavorings.
Now in a more comfortable format, so that you will be able to select the exact dose you need for your workouts.
Electrolytes powder by HSNraw is the product you are looking for to stay hydrated during the workout.
We bring you the main minerals that your body eliminates through sweating, effective amounts in order to recharge the loss and support the proper functioning of the muscles.
In HSN, we reject low quality mineral salts that would condition the final product.
We have avoided magnesium oxide due to its poor absorption. Instead, we bring you a supplement with magnesium bisglycinate.
Together with calcium carbonate, sodium chloride and potassium chloride, you will have all the mineral salts you need, even for the most intense workouts!
Why take Electrolytes?
Electrolytes are chemical elements in the shape of ions that either have a positive or negative electric charge.
All our cell compartments have different electrolyte concentrations that are constantly moving and diffusing through the membranes that separate cell spaces. This diffusion allows us to:
- Maintain the proper functioning of the organism by changing the electric charge of the cells.
- Transport nutrients.
- Make morphological changes in cells so that they can still function.
All in all, “electrolytes are essential for the basic functioning of life” (Shrimanker and Bhattarai, 2019).
The body temperature drastically increases during the workout. The body eliminates water to regulate this temperature and prevents any damage. Most of the water is eliminated through the pores as sweat, which will have different amounts of electrolytes depending on the sex, age, external temperature amount of sweat and other factors (Lara et al., 2016).
The main electrolytes that we lose through sweat are:
- Calcium and magnesium but in lower amounts
What happens if we lose electrolytes?
One of the most important world health organizations, the American College of Sports Medicine, concluded that “athletes will become dehydrated if they do not compensate the fluids that are lost through sweating” and “that we have to recharge the electrolytes that are lost through sweating in order to stay hydrated” (Sawka et al., 2007). Both statements have the highest degree of evidence.
Then, will we become dehydrated if we only drink water during the workout?
Yes, drinking water without electrolytes, specially when we sweat a lot, can change the mineral concentration since we dilute it.
Imagine grabbing a liter of water and putting a solute until it reaches a concentration of a 8% (80g). Now, add more water to the bottle, what happened to the concentration? It is lower, right? Well, the same thing happens in our body, which will produce a diuretic effect in order to avoid losing more electrolytes. Consequently, we will no hydrate ourselves (Evans et al., 2017).
Functions of the minerals from this product
All the minerals included in this product perform important tasks in the organism:
- It is the main regulator of the extracellular concentration, necessary to maintain the functionality of the cells (Hall, 2017).
- It supports the digestion by producing chlorhydric acid in the stomach.
- It helps to preserve the functioning of the neuromuscular system.
- It supports the muscle function and the energy metabolism.
- It helps to decrease the tiredness and fatigue by supporting the nervous system, the energy metabolism, the muscle protein synthesis and more!
Electrolytes are good for hydration
Taking electrolytes during long physical exercise is necessary for a good hydration.
With Electrolytes powder by HSNraw, we bring you the easiest way of recharging the minerals lost through sweating.
How to take Electrolytes?
Mix two scoops (1.5g) of electrolytes in 500ml of water while you do exercise, you can adjust the amount depending on your requirements.
Combine it with our Evocarbs 2.0 in order to make a drink to maintain your performance during a long endurance workout.
- Evans, G. H., James, L. J., Shirreffs, S. M., & Maughan, R. J. (2017). Optimizing the restoration and maintenance of fluid balance after exercise-induced dehydration. Journal of Applied Physiology (Bethesda, Md.: 1985), 122(4), 945–951.
- Hall, J. (2016). Tratado de fisiología médica, 13th Edición. El Sevier.
- Lara, B., Gallo-Salazar, C., Puente, C., Areces, F., Salinero, J. J., & Del Coso, J. (2016). Interindividual variability in sweat electrolyte concentration in marathoners. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 13, 31.
- Sawka, M., Burke, L., Eichner, E., Maughan, R., Montain, S., & Stachenfeld, N. (2007). American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Exercise and Fluid Replacement. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 39, 377–390.
- Shrimanker I, Bhattarai S. (2019) Electrolytes.Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 2 scoops (1.5g)|
|Daily dose: 2 scoops (1.5g)|
|Servings per container: 100|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients:Sodium chloride, maltodextrin, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, magnesium bisglycinate.
How to take ELECTROLYTES POWDER 150g:Mix 2 scoops (1.5g) in 500ml of water.
Warnings:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
I drink it during the workout to make sure I stay hydrated while getting all the electrolytes I need. Indispensable for intense workouts and specially during the summer.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics