- Substitutes Evodrink 2.0.
- Flavoured isotonic drink.
- Carbohydrate and electrolyte solution, with amino acids.
- With Palatinose™ and Cluster Dextrin®.
- With Peptopro® and BCAAs.
- High magnesium and chloride content.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Table of contents
Evotonic by SportSeries is a food preparation for isotonic drinks, based on carbohydrates and mineral salts, with proteins and amino acids.
Evotonic is a carbohydrate and electrolyte solution for the creation of isotonic drinks intended for consumption before, during and/or after sport for water and electrolyte replacement.
Evotonic complies with the European standard specifications for drinks aimed at replenishing water and mineral salts for athletes.
Evotonic is the new and improved Evodrink 2.0, one of the leading sports drinks on the market with hundreds of satisfied users.
Find out what each of the components of the latest development from our Research and Development team does.
Evotonic has combined cyclodextrin and isomaltulose; two next-generation carbohydrates.
The cyclodextrin we've used belongs to the Cluster Dextrin® patent. We make sure to bring you 100% highly branched cyclic dextrin, of the highest quality and with the most recognised trademark in the world.
And our isomaltulose belongs to the Palatinose™ patent, obtained from the degradation of sucrose from sugar beet.
The combination of Cluster Dextrin® + Palatinose™ is a classic in sports nutrition.
It's been supplemented with a combination of dextrose+fructose, in accordance with the recommendations of the most internationally recognised bodies in the field of sports nutrition, such as the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine).
Evotonic provides 260kcal/L from carbohydrates, and 85.5% of the energy value of the product comes from carbohydrates, resulting in a high glycaemic response, within the ranges established by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA): 80-350kcal/L and >75%, respectively.
We have used Peptopro®, a hydrolysed casein protein with a special feature: it has a high degree of hydrolysis and a high dipeptides and tripeptides content.
Peptides are compounds resulting from the joining of amino acids. Di- and tripeptides contain 2 and 3 amino acids. This makes it possible to provide proteins with rapid gastric emptying, ideal for use during sport.
Peptopro®, despite its high degree of hydrolysis, is not as bitter as you might think, as the treatment ensures the release of free amino acids is kept to a minimum.
We've also used BCAAs, the most widely used and valued amino acids in the world of sport, to further improve Evotonic's aminogram.
And to all this we've added electrolytes: chloride, magnesium and sodium.
Chloride contributes to normal digestion by producing hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
The chloride used is derived from sodium chloride.
Magnesium is a mineral all endurance athletes will know about, as:
- It contributes to electrolyte balance.
- It contributes to normal energy metabolism.
- It contributes to normal muscle function.
Magnesium contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
The magnesium used is derived from magnesium citrate.
Sodium is the electrolyte present in the greatest quantity in sweat, as it's the main extracellular osmolyte.
The sodium used comes from sodium chloride and sodium citrate.
At HSN, we're known for working with the highest quality standards in each and every stage of the development process of our products.
Don't miss out on all the Evotonic surprises!
Although you won't believe it when you try it... Yes, Evotonic is an isotonic drink that tastes great.
Isotonic drinks (more correctly known as carbohydrate-electrolyte solutions), require specific conditions in order to be used as a drink recommended for sports practice, and bear in mind that:
Not all drinks on the market traditionally associated with this purpose meet these mandatory characteristics.
But, Evotonic does meet these conditions.
Did you know...
The most commonly used commercial sports drink 'A' does not meet the sodium specifications established by the European Food Safety Authority to be considered a carbohydrate and electrolyte solution?
Evotonic is a total sports drink, unlike others that don't meet all the established conditions and therefore stop athletes from benefitting from the effects of carbohydrate and electrolyte solutions:
- Contributing to endurance during prolonged aerobic endurance exercise.
- Increasing intestinal absorption of water during exercise.
Evotonic, thanks to its studied formula, brings you these benefits.
Say goodbye to isotonic drinks with mild and salty flavours, Evotonic has been formulated with incredible fruit flavours, with a taste adapted to the needs of sports practice.
We've followed the line of flavours of its predecessor: Evodrink 2.0, which was known for its excellent taste, thanks to reviews from over 5000 athletes who tried version 1.0, after which we reduced the degree of sweetness of the product.
Evotonic has been developed in such a way that its flavour is great, but not overpowering, covering the taste of the mineral salts of the electrolytes it’s made up of, but without the kind of overpowering flavour that can be unpleasant during sports practice.
Evotonic is the ideal drink for replenishing liquids:
- It tastes great.
- Isn't too sweet.
- Doesn't leave the mouth dry or coated.
- Quenches thirst and replenishes electrolytes.
Thanks to the use of ingredients specifically designed for use in a sporting context.
Evotonic digestibility is excellent, causing no digestive discomfort or bloating, and doesn't increase intestinal motility either, which can cause discomfort during training or competitions, as other drinks and gels on the market do.
Evotonic, thanks to its iso-osmolar (isotonic) condition: hydrates and is easily absorbed, without heaviness or discomfort.
As if you're drinking water!
Mix one Evotonic serving with 400ml of water..
You can fill your camelback with this solution to replenish fluids during your longest and most demanding training sessions, you just have to respect the product:water ratio.
According to the latest expert recommendations on fluid replacement during physical exercise (Sawka et al., 2007):
Using between 0.4 and 0.8 litres of isotonic drink per hour is recommended, which corresponds to between 1 to 2 servings of Evotonic per hour depending on the demands of the training or competition.
It goes great with:
More related information
- Hormoznejad, R., Zare Javid, A., & Mansoori, A. (2019). Effect of BCAA supplementation on central fatigue, energy metabolism substrate and muscle damage to the exercise: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Sport Sciences for Health, 15(2), 265–279.
- Kanter, M. (2018). High-Quality Carbohydrates and Physical Performance: Expert Panel Report. Nutrition Today, 53(1), 35–39.
- Noakes, T. D., Sharwood, K., Speedy, D., Hew, T., Reid, S., Dugas, J., … Weschler, L. (2005). Three independent biological mechanisms cause exercise-associated hyponatremia: evidence from 2,135 weighed competitive athletic performances. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 102(51), 18550–18555.
- Sawka, M. N., Burke, L. M., Eichner, E. R., Maughan, R. J., Montain, S. J., & Stachenfeld, N. S. (2007). Exercise and fluid replacement. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 39(2), 377–390.
- Sawale, P. D., Shendurse, A. M., Mohan, M. S., & Patil, G. R. (2017). Isomaltulose (Palatinose) – An emerging carbohydrate. Food Bioscience, 18, 46–52.
- Takii, H., Takii (Nagao), Y., Kometani, T., Nishimura, T., Nakae, T., Kuriki, T., & Fushiki, T. (2005). Fluids Containing a Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin Influence the Gastric Emptying Rate. Int J Sports Med, 26(04), 314–319.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop of 50ml (35g)|
|Servings per container: 29|
|of which saturated|
|of which sugars|
|of sodium chloride|
|of sodium citrate|
|of sodium chloride|
|of magnesium citrate|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.38).|