- Group B vitamin complex
- With Inositol, PABA and Choline
- Enough product to meet the requirements
- Suitable for vegans
What is B-50 Complex?
B-50 Complex by HSNessentials is a product in tablets that contains enough group B vitamins to meet the daily requirements of any person, athlete or not.
B-50 Complex has been made with the most bioavailable forms of the vitamins it contains, as well as pseudovitamins such as choline, inositol and para-aminobenzoic acid.
Why use B-50 Complex?
What makes B-50 Complex unique?
This product has been specially formulated to meet the requirements of a wide sector of the population that has normal or slightly high requirements of group B vitamins because they do physical exercise regularly, but just on a purely recreational level.
While our Ultra B-complex has been designed to meet the requirements of the most intense athletes, those who are more exposed to vitamin deficiencies due to all the stress that their organism has to undergo (González and Miranda-Massari, 2014).
Are you looking for a vitamin complex that will help you meet your daily requirements as an amateur athlete or an active person who wants to follow a healthy lifestyle?
B-50 Complex is for you!
Properties of each component from this product
Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
Thiamine supports the energy metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, the functioning of the heart, and one of the most remarkable features:
Supporting the psychological function.
A bad intake of this vitamin can trigger apathy, hinder the focus and short-term memory, apart from causing irritability.
Do you feel tired and you have a hard time focusing? You may have a thiamine deficiency!
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
This one is a very important vitamin since, among other functions, it is an essential factor to maintain the glutathione concentrations in the organism (EFSA, 2010), a flavoprotein with antioxidant properties, specially when it comes to protecting your sight and preventing vitreous opacity. That is why riboflavin:
Helps to preserve a good vision
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Not taking enough niacin can trigger skin alterations and the onset of skin patches and the tissue will become rough and sensitive.
Niacin helps to preserve the aspect and health of the skin.
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5)
Pantothenic acid is a precursor of coenzyme A, a component that is involved in many important functions such as:
- The energy production, so that we will not feel tired.
- The oxidation of fatty acids, so that we will be able to break them down and use the fat from our body.
- The synthesis of amino acids, which also helps to form protein tissues (like the muscle).
Pantothenic acid is an important vitamin for the body composition.
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
It is a vitamin that 'activates' the hormone receptors before the signals from:
- Androgens (like testosterone).
- Estrogens (like estradiol).
- Glucocorticoids (like cortisol).
- The thyroid hormones.
We could say that vitamin B6 is a key that allows all those hormones to play their role in the organism (EFSA, 2009).
Biotin (Vitamin B8)
Biotin is an essential vitamin for our hair, since it helps to preserve its integrity, strength and thickness, while preventing its loss can which sometimes be related to a deficiency of this vitamin.
Folic acid (Vitamin B9) and Cobalamin (Vitamin B12)
Both vitamins perform a wide range of functions in the organism, but we want to highlight their effect on preserving the red cells.
An adequate intake of vitamin B12 and vitamin B9 can help to prevent anemia (Castellanos-Sinco et al., 2015).
Inositol (Vitamin Bh)
An organic compound that behaves like a vitamin in the organism, it is closely related to the cell metabolism and signal transduction.
In women, inositol has proven to be a useful therapeutic agent when it comes to controlling the symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome. (Unfer et al., 2017).
PABA (Vitamin Bx)
Para-aminobenzoic acid is a nutrient that keeps the bacteria from the intestine on point.
Some studies have connect it to the health of the microbiota and the gastrointestinal system.
Another nutrient that behaves like a vitamin at a functional level when:
- It transforms into betaine and supports the health of the liver.
- It phosphorylates into phosphatidylcholine, an essential compound from the cell membranes that help to preserve their integrity and permeability.
- It becomes acetylcholine, an essential neurotransmitter connected to learning and our memory (Hasselmo, 2006).
B-50 Complex is not just another supplement!
This product has been made with the best forms of the group B vitamins, the most bioavailable and the ones with the highest quality.
For instance: Our niacin does not trigger skin 'flushing', an uncomfortable side effect of using nicotinic acid as a source of this vitamin. Instead, we have used its amide form, which is just as effective but the unpleasant effects (WHO, s.f.)
How to take B-50 Complex
Take one tablet once a day with a meal.
How can we combine B-50 Complex?
- Organization, W. H., Stuart, M. C., Kouimtzi, M., & Hill, S. (s.f.). WHO model formulary 2008 / editors: Marc C. Stuart, Maria Kouimtzi, Suzanne R. Hill.
- Castellanos-Sinco, H. B., Ramos-Peñafiel, C. O., Santoyo-Sánchez, A., Collazo-Jaloma, J., Martínez-Murillo, C., Montaño-Figueroa, E., & Sinco-Ángeles, A. (2015). Megaloblastic anaemia: Folic acid and vitamin B12 metabolism. Revista Médica Del Hospital General De México, 78(3), 135–143.
- Gonzalez, M. J., & Miranda-Massari, J. R. (2014). Diet and stress. Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 37(4), 579–589.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2009). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to vitamin B6 and protein and glycogen metabolism (ID 65, 70, 71), function of the nervous system (ID 66), red blood cell formation (ID 67, 72, 186), function of the immune system (ID 68), regulation of hormonal activity (ID 69) and mental performance (ID 185) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 7(10), 1225.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2010). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to riboflavin (vitamin B2) and contribution to normal energy-yielding metabolism (ID 29, 35, 36, 42), contribution to normal metabolism of iron (ID 30, 37), maintenance of normal skin and mucous membranes (ID 31, 33), contribution to normal psychological functions (ID 32), maintenance of normal bone (ID 33), maintenance of normal teeth (ID 33), maintenance of normal hair (ID 33), maintenance of normal nails (ID 33), maintenance of normal vision (ID 39), maintenance of normal red blood cells (ID 40), reduction of tiredness and fatigue (ID 41), protection of DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative damage (ID 207), and maintenance of the normal function of the nervous system (ID 213) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 8(10), 1814.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||50mg||3571%|
|Thiamine (vitamin B1)||50mg||4545%|
|PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid)||50mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
B-50 COMPLEX - 120 tabs ingredients:Firming agents [E341ii) (dicalcium phosphate), E460i) (microcrystalline cellulose) and E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], calcium D-pantothenate, inositol, riboflavin (vitamin B2), choline bitartrate, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), nicotinamide (niacin), para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), anti-caking agents [E468 (cross-linked sodium carboxymethylcellulose), E551 (silicon dioxide), E470b (magnesium salts of fatty acids) and E570 (fatty acids)], pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), maltodextrin, corn starch, glazing agent [E1203 (polyvinyl alcohol)], folic acid, stabilizers [E341iii) (tricalcium phosphate) and E466 (cellulose gum)], cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), D-biotin.
How to take B-50 COMPLEX - 120 tabs:Take 1 tablet once a day.
Warnings de B-50 COMPLEX - 120 tabs:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Better recovery and performance
Good supplement, I started to feel more energised after a few weeks taking it. It definitely makes a difference in the workouts, both for the recovery and the performance.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics