APPLE FIBRE POWDER
- Pure apple fibre powder.
- 100% natural.
- Free from genetically modified organisms.
- Suitable for vegans.
Table of contents
Apple fibre by FoodSeries is a powdered food made from the dried and micronised pulp and skins of apples.
These apple structures are very high in fibre; a characteristic that is accentuated when the product is dried into powder, as the fibre is concentrated.
Apple fibre is 100% natural, with no other added ingredients.
Because apple fibre is a food rich in vegetable fibre.
It is an ideal supplement for diets with low intakes of fruit and vegetables.
Although dietary fibre is known as a standard concept, it is dependent on the particular characteristics of each polymer that makes up a given type of fibre in food.
Apple fibre isn't the same as wheat or oat fibre.
Apple fibre is a great option for providing different types of dietary fibre and enriching our diet with each of them. Its approximate composition is:
- 1% galacturonic acid.
- 19% Hemicelluloses.
- 4% Hemicelluloses.
- 9% Pectins.
- 40% Celluloses.
- 15% Lignins.
(Hai-Tao et al., 1988)
Each type of fibre has unique physico-chemical properties, which is why a food like apple fibre, with so many different types of fibre, is excellent.
Apple fibre powder, despite being fibre, has a very good solubility in water.
Thanks to its 20% soluble fibre content, it attracts the liquid in the medium and forms a homogeneous mixture without difficulties.
It doesn't gelatinise as much as other fibres such as Glucomannan Powder, and this is an advantage in case you want to consume it as a drink.
Apple fibre is sweet, with no added sugars.
The apple's own intrinsic sugar gives the characteristic sweetness to this food, which has a unique taste.
In fact, it tastes like red apple.
Are you looking for a natural product? Of course you are!
Native dietary fibre, as naturally present in apples. That's what you'll find in this product.
100% apple fibre, extracted, maintaining the native properties of the original nutrient.
The apple fibre we have used in HSN has been obtained from apples that are free of genetically modified organisms.
Genetic engineering can have a serious impact on the environmental development of native species and HSN rejects these practices.
Our product is vegan, made exclusively from natural apple fibre, which has been obtained from apples grown and harvested without GMO treatment, only traditional.
You can take as much as you need to satisfy your dietary requirements.
The taste is neutral, slightly sweet and does not alter the taste of food.
It goes great with other products such as:
And with minerals and vitamins such as:
For further information
- Chen, H., Rubenthaler, G., Leung, H., & Baranowski, J. (1988). Chemical, physical, and baking properties of apple fiber compared with wheat and oat bran. Cereal Chemistry, 65(3), 244–247.
- Dreher, M. L. (2018). Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease. In Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2011). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to oat and barley grain fibre and increase in faecal bulk (ID 819, 822) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 9(6), 2249.
- Koutsos, A., Tuohy, K. M., & Lovegrove, J. A. (2015). Apples and cardiovascular health—is the gut microbiota a core consideration?. Nutrients, 7(6), 3959–3998.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop of 10ml (5g)|
|Servings per container: 30|
|of which saturated|
|of which sugars|
|Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.25)|