POMEGRANATE EXTRACT (50:1) 500mg
- Pomegranate Extract.
- Extraction ratio 50:1.
- 40% Punicalagins.
- Acerola extract (25% Vitamin C).
Table of contents
Pomegranate extract (50:1) 500mg by EssentialSeries is a dietary supplement based on pomegranate fruit extract and acerola berry extract.
Pomegranate is the fruit of a plant native to Middle East regions, such as Iran, as well as the Asian continent, including Bhutan and Nepal. Today, pomegranate is grown in regions across the world, including South America and the vast majority of Mediterranean countries.
This product is suitable for vegan diets.
Food regulations prohibit health claims about this ingredient. We recommend consulting the available scientific literature for additional information.
- Vitamin C contributes to the normal formation of collagen for healthy skin.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal energy metabolism.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal immune system function.
- Vitamin C helps protect cells from oxidative damage.
Both the inner seeds and the peel of pomegranates are used for the development of dietary supplements.
Many companies only use the peel to develop their supplements, but it's not the peel but the fruit that's the most sought after part for its excellent natural composition, rich and varied in polyphenols.
At HSN, we've developed our pomegranate extract exclusively from the full fruit of Punica granatum.
The pomegranate fruit contains phenolic compounds of interest, which determine the quality of the extract used.
- Ellagic acid.
- Urolithin A.
Many extracts on the market are standardised in ellagic acid or urolithins. But use of Punicalagins is lower in products. Why?
Because the raw material is more expensive, as punicalagins are the compounds of greatest interest in pomegranate extract. This is because, in addition to having interest in themselves, the body metabolises them, transforming them into ellagic acid and urolithine A (Berdowska et al., 2021), meaning through the consumption of punicalagins, you also get the other two compounds of interest.
We guarantee a high 40% content of punicalaginas in our Pomegranate extract!
Acerola (Malpighia glabra) is a fruit plant that grows naturally in the high humidity areas of North and Central America.
It's known around the world for having overthrown the 'queen' of vitamin C: the orange. Because its fruit contains up to 20 times more ascorbic acid.
HSN's pomegranate extract formula has been completed with acerola extract, ensuring a natural high vitamin C content: some 25%.
The recommended daily dose of this product provides a significant amount of the vitamin.
Our product contains no allergens (EU Regulation 1169/2011) and is 100% suitable for vegans.
You can use it with:
- Wang, D., özen, C., Abu-Reidah, I. M., Chigurupati, S., Patra, J. K., Horbanczuk, J. O., … Atanasov, A. G. (2018). Vasculoprotective effects of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.). Frontiers in Pharmacology, 9(MAY), 544.
- Sreekumar, S., Sithul, H., Muraleedharan, P., Azeez, J. M., & Sreeharshan, S. (2014). Pomegranate fruit as a rich source of biologically active compounds. BioMed Research International, 2014, 686921.
- Berdowska, I., Matusiewicz, M., & Fecka, I. (2021). Punicalagin in cancer prevention—Via signaling pathways targeting. Nutrients, Vol. 13.
- Asgary, S., Javanmard, S., & Zarfeshany, A. (2014). Potent health effects of pomegranate. Advanced Biomedical Research, 3(1), 100.
- Kandylis, P., & Kokkinomagoulos, E. (2020). Food applications and potential health benefits of pomegranate and its derivatives. Foods, 9(2).
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Pomegranate fruit extract (50:1) (40% punicalaginas) (Punica granatum)|
|equivalence of fruit|
|Acerola berry extract (15:1) (25% vitamin C) (Malpighia glabra)|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients POMEGRANATE EXTRACT (50:1) 500mg - 120 veg capsPomegranate extract (50:1, Punica granatum fruit, 40% punicalagins), vegetable capsules [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose)], acerola extract (15:1, Malpighia glabra berry, 25% vitamin C), rice flour.
Warnings POMEGRANATE EXTRACT (50:1) 500mg - 120 veg capsStore in a cool (below 25°C), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
How to take
Take 1 vegetable capsule, 2 times a day with meals.