It’s not a secret that a Diet High in Protein is one of the most effective ways to help achieve a target weight: it helps reduce our percentage of fat while maintaining muscle mass. Among its benefits we can find the great satiating effect that proteins produce, as well as the energy that our body expends in the process of protein digestion (thermogenic effect of food).
- 1 Digestion of Protein
- 2 What is Aminogen?
- 3 What are Aspergillus Oryzae and Aspergillus oryzae?
- 4 What are Proteolytic Enzymes or Proteases?
- 5 Why is Aminogen Important?
- 6 Benefits of Aminogen
- 7 Aminogen® multiplies the absorption of Whey Protein
- 8 Who is Aminogen® recommended for?
- 9 Aminogen for better health
- 10 Where can I find Aminogen?
- 11 Related Entries
Digestion of Protein
The process of protein digestion, unlike the other two macronutrients (carbohydrates and fats) is the one that produces the greatest energy expenditure, due to the prior need to break down protein into the form that they are finally absorbed by the human body, in amino acids. In this sense, if we maintain a high intake of proteins, due to following a diet with the objective of losing fat, or, as a need to reach the protein requirements due to our condition as athletes or sportsmen, in some cases, our digestive system may be overloaded or we may notice stomach discomfort, as a result of digestion. With the help of enzymes, such as Aminogen, we can overcome this and help the body with digestion.
Not only that, Aminogen makes it possible to increase the rate of absorption and utilisation of the proteins ingested
What is Aminogen?
Aminogen® is a Patented Enzyme Blend specially formulated to facilitate protein digestion, based on digestive proteases from the plants Aspergillus niger and Aspergillus oryzae. These enzymes help the body to break down and digest protein much more quickly and also maximise the release of amino acids and subsequent absorption and availability of these nutrients for physiological functions, regeneration and building of muscle fibres and contributing to faster recovery.
We have Protein supplements with Aminogen®
What are Aspergillus Oryzae and Aspergillus oryzae?
These are plants from which Aminogen is obtained, so the formula can be used by vegans/vegetarians. They are considered probiotics: they help restore or microbiotics in the gastrointestinal tract. In addition, among other benefits, they support the immune system, promote digestion and absorption of nutrients, combat pathogenic bacteria, and improve metabolism.
Aminogen supports digestive health
What are Proteolytic Enzymes or Proteases?
Protease (also known as proteolytic enzyme, peptidase or proteinase) is a type of enzyme that works mainly to help us digest different types of protein: they break the bonds through a process known as hydrolysis and convert the proteins into smaller chains called peptides. Proteins have a complex folded structure that requires this type of enzyme to break down the molecule. Without proteases or enough of them, the intestinal lining would not be able to digest the proteins, causing certain health problems.
In Aminogen we will find a high concentration of Proteolytic Enzymes. This formula uses enzymes that help break down proteins into amino acids, reduce inflammation caused by incomplete protein digestion and promote muscle mass.
Why is Aminogen Important?
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins: they are used for a variety of functions, but for the athlete they are especially important to help increase strength and performance and build muscle mass. Aminogen helps the body to:
- Break down and digest protein faster and much more efficiently without the addition of intestinal gas
- Maximise the amino acids released from the food we eat, allowing more “building blocks” to be absorbed for building lean muscle mass
- For athletes: as a competitive advantage to help them reach their maximum potential, if they are looking to lose weight and get into the best shape
- Elderly people: on a restricted diet seeking to maintain muscle mass.
Aminogen helps to maximise your protein and of course to optimise your economic expenditure
Benefits of Aminogen
We know that protein alone:
- Promotes weight loss by increasing satiety.
- Regulates of appetite hormones such as ghrelin and leptin.
- Is an important supply of amino acids for muscle growth and metabolism.
- Supports physical recovery after exercise
By adding Aminogen to the protein we can achieve the following benefits:
- It can triple the absorption of proteins, releasing more than 50% of the protein’s amino acids, and increasing the nitrogen retention
- Increases the availability of amino acids: BCAAs or Branched Amino Acids, Glutamine and Arginine
- It will promote fat loss, muscle regeneration, speed up the recovery phase and contribute to improving physical performance
- Reduces overloading of the organs responsible for digesting proteins
Aminogen® multiplies the absorption of Whey Protein
According to studies, the addition of a specific enzyme system, such as Aminogen, to whey protein or Whey Protein can double or triple the speed at which the protein is absorbed.
In the study, researchers analysed serum levels of free and branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) in 21 healthy males who consumed 50g of whey protein. Some of the subjects consumed Aminogen-enriched protein. The researchers found that the Aminogen-supplemented group experienced a 220-350% increase in the rate of protein absorption compared to the control group. This translated into a 100% increase in the amount of free amino acids and a more than 250% increase in the amount of BCAAs. The researchers also found that Aminogen increased nitrogen retention by 32%.
Increasing the absorption rate is key for whey protein consumers, concerned with maximising bioavailability and amplifying the benefits of their protein intake
Who is Aminogen® recommended for?
From sportspeople and/or athletes with high protein in their diet, to less active people, but who nevertheless have a high percentage of this nutrient in their diet, can particularly benefit from adding Aminogen®.
Aminogen is important from a health point of view, both for athletes and less active people
Aminogen for better health
Digestion plays a huge role in overall health, and enzymes are an important part of digestive health. With their distinct ability to break peptide bonds and release amino acids, proteolytic enzymes are being studied by modern science and medicine for clinical and therapeutic use in the fields of general oncology and global immune function, in addition to the cardiovascular benefits that have been demonstrated in clinical study, such as cholesterol and triglycerides.
In short: If you are taking protein to lose weight and stay fit, make sure the protein contains Aminogen®
Where can I find Aminogen?
The patented enzyme blend Aminogen® can be found enriching protein supplements in the HSNstore. Within the Sport Series range, we have the option to purchase different types of Whey Protein, such as Hydrolysed, Isolated or Concentrated Protein.
- What is better to take, Amino Acids or Proteins?
- All about Protein Hydrolysate
- All about Whey Protein Isolate
- What is the Best Protein to Take After Training?
- Best Sources of Protein