Hello friends, today, we are going to share with you a very interesting post about barley grass, a superfood!
Every day, it becomes more and more important to find a balance between the mind and body. Above all, our aim is to achieve a biopsychosocial well-being. However, every day we risk our health in a world that is becoming extremely competitive.
For example, this includes a diet low in nutrients, vitamins, minerals and too acid. Consequently, it results in diseases and symptoms of all kinds that can go from a headache to unimaginable pathologies.
You may be wondering why are we being so negative
Because we worry about your health, which is why we have come to talk to you about barley grass. This is one of the main natural options that we can use to improve the functioning of our organs.
What is Barley Grass?
Barley grass is a superfood that has the ability to regenerate our organism, both at the level of the cells and molecules.
This is due to the oxygenating and alkalizing effects from its chlorophyll on the digestive, immune and circulatory system.
Let’s have a glimpse at its origins: this plant has been more than eight thousand years on the Earth. In fact, its properties and use have been recorded in Sumerian and Egyptian books. In fact, there is evidence of its presence when they built the Pyramids five hundred years ago.
It was the base of the diet of Egyptians and it was also used to make beer. In fact, it was mentioned in the Exodus (the seven plagues of Egypt). Greeks and Romans used it to cook bread and to feed the Roman gladiators.
How was it cultivated?
As we have mentioned previously, you can cultivate it at home.
First, you need to use a recipient with enough space so that the roots from barley grass will grow properly.
When the seed germinates and its sprout grows between 10 and 15 centimeters, the plant will have reached its maximum nutritional potential. This is due to the fact that it contains many biologically active compounds.
Apart from what we mentioned previously, barley grass contains soluble nutrients, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and protein. All of them are essential nutrients for our health:
|Minerals||Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Calcium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Sulfur, Chromium, Selenium, Iodide.|
|Vitamins||Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, Folic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Choline, Vitamin K.|
|Amino acids||Lysine, Tryptophan.|
It is important to highlight the functions of chlorophyll, also known as vegetable hemoglobin. In fact, it is called like that because its molecular composition is similar to a human hemoglobin. Their only difference is that the human hemoglobin has an iron atom while chlorophyll has a magnesium atom.
Chlorophyll is an antioxidant and detoxifying substance.
What are the properties of barley grass?
Barley grass is a superfood that our body needs in order to:
- Strengthen our organism.
- Increase the energy.
- Improve the sexual performance.
- Sharpen the mental acuity.
- Obtain anti-aging properties that keep the skin hydrated with the passing of time.
- Improve the aspect of the skin and protecting it against the free radicals.
- Detoxify our organism.
- Deal with addictions.
- Benefit from its antianemic properties.
- Increase the defenses of the body and red cells. In other words, it strengthens our immune system.
- Produce a mild laxative effect.
- Improve the digestive, circulatory, reproductive, respiratory, nervous, lymphatic and cardiovascular system.
- Balance the blood lipid and glucose levels.
- Stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. Therefore, it improves the aspect of the hair, strengthens the nails, improves the sight and skin texture.
- It is a diuretic product, apart from alkalizing and antiseptic.
- Natural anti-inflammatory.
- Relieves the ulcerous colitis.
- Relieves the symptoms of migraines or headaches.
- Prevents the lack of flexibility of the capillaries.
- Prevents disorders like anxiety and depression by improving the nervous system.
- Helps to treat growth disorders in children.
Its juice is extracted from barley grass, which is use to treat serious and chronic diseases.
However, barley is also used to cook stews, soups, pasta… Moreover, you can eat it for breakfast with some yogurt, milk or orange juice.
You can also purchase barley grass powder and mix it with orange or lemon juice. In addition, you can add it to the sauces and seasonings to dress salads.
Anecdotes about Barley Grass
It is believed that it is the oldest cereal on Earth that has been cultivated, harvested and consume by humankind.
Also, it is the main ingredient to make whisky, malt, beer, gin and vinegar.
It was used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat allergies and liver problems. The wise men from antiquity claimed that barley improved their focus. Consequently, they could think more easily apart from treating health disorders.
To sum up, barley grass is a superfood that you can use to obtain either juice or powder.
Due to its alkalizing properties, it supports the treatment of diseases that affect the systems and senses that make up the human body.
Its benefits go from improving the skin, keeping it hydrated, flexible and young, to treating diabetes, high lipid levels, inflammation, etc.
- “Healing Power of Herbs” John Heinerman
- “Healing with Whole Foods” Paul Pitchford
- “21 Secrets for A Healthy Gut: Natural Relief for Common Digestive Disorders”.
- “Complete Book of Natural Medicine” Dr. Ingfried Hobert
- Buy Barley Grass.
- We have made a list with the 9 Healthiest Foods. Click here to find out.
- What is Wheatgrass?