MCT OIL 1000mg - 150 softgels
- Coconut oil in the form of softgels
- source of medium chain triglycerides
- 3 softgels = 3g of Coconut oil
What is MCT Oil?
MCT Oil by Now Foods is a product made of coconut oil in the shape of liquid capsules.
What are the properties of MCT Oil?
Coconut oil is very rich in a type of fats, called medium chain triglycerides that have between 8 and 12 atoms of carbon.
Recent studies attribute coconut oil with certain properties.
Medium Chain Triglycerides and Body Weight
A series of previous studies on Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) suggest that coconut oil may be useful when controlling body fat in non-diabetic obese people. The following pilot study will test whether MCT is valuable for individuals with mild obesity and Mellitus Type II diabetes (1).
Medium Chain Triglycerides and Athletes
According to this research study, taking MTC supplements before training enhances the oxidation of medium chain fats and reduces the oxidation of glucose. (2).
What to combine with MCT Oil?
Medium chain triglycerides can be taken along with a great number of products according to individual needs.
Ideal to be combined with an energy supplement that contains caffeine, L-Carnitine, CLA, etc.
Who is this product for?
- People who seek to complete their diet with MCT rich coconut oil.
- Athletes and active people.
1. Han JR, Deng B, Sun J, Chen CG, Corkey BE, Kirkland JL, Ma J, Guo W. Effects of dietary medium-chain triglyceride on weight loss and insulin sensitivity in a group of moderately overweight free-living type 2 diabetic Chinese subjects. Metabolism. 2007 Jul;56(7):985-91.
2. Behrend AM, Harding CO, Shoemaker JD, Matern D, Sahn DJ, Elliot DL, Gillingham MB.Substrate oxidation and cardiac performance during exercise in disorders of long chain fatty acid oxidation.Mol Genet Metab. 2012 Jan;105(1):110-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2011.09.030. Epub 2011 Oct 1.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 3 softgels|
|Daily dose: 15 softgels|
|Servings per container: 50|