- Soy Lecithin in softgels
- It helps you control the cholesterol levels
What is Lecithin by Now Foods?
Lecithin by Now Foods is a wonderful Lecithin product (phosphatidylcholine). A nutrient that is present in the main and most active parts of the brain and the nervous system. Moreover, lecithin is also a source of essential fatty acids, particularly choline and inositol.
Properties of Soy Lecithin
- Lecithin is an amino acid used to treat cardiovascular diseases and to lower and/or balance the levels of good and bad cholesterol (HDL/LDL).
- It is also quite used to treat an excess of Triglycerides and/or problems involving the fat metabolism.
- Moreover, it deals with the accumulation of fat in the liver.
- Hepatic exposure to harmful substances.
- Recent studies have proven that a substance called phosphatidylserine (one of the nutrients from lecithin) can improve the memory and cognition to a certain extent.
- It lowers the high homocysteine levels in the plasma (which can increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases).
- Good for children, specially if they have learning problems (since it improves the memory).
- Improved athletic performance. Although it is not entirely clear how (effect of acetylcholine on the muscle fibers or by reducing the urinary excretion of carnitine). What we know is that the Choline levels in plasma drop considerably during physical exercise.
- It increases the acetylcholine levels, which can be deficient due to certain neurological conditions and as we grow old.