- 500mg of bromelain per vegetable capsule.
- Natural enzyme complex.
- Extracted from pineapple.
- Standardized enzymatic activity, 2500GDU/g.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
What is Bromelain 500mg?
Bromelain 500mg by HSNessentials is a product in vegetable capsules made from only from the active ingredient bromelain. This enzyme has been naturally extracted from pineapple fruit and stems (Ananas comosus).
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme with the ability to break down the peptide bonds that hold proteins together. Therefore, they improve their hydrolysis as well as their absorption.
Bromelain 500mg is a product made without ingredient from animals, which means that:
It is a product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Why take Bromelain 500mg?
Because bromelain supports the protein digestion, its chemical structures grant it this property.
Support for the diet of athletes
We know that high protein diets can help athletes gain muscle mass, bone mass and even encourage a feeling of satiety.
Currently, more than a 68% of the population has some symptom that would fit a diagnosis of leaky gut syndrome (Van den Houte et al., 2019). This issue can deeply affect the quality of life of those who suffer this problem.
These symptoms are due to the difficulties to digest and absorb nutrients, sometimes they are due to problems when it comes to digesting big amounts of protein.
Bromelain is a pineapple extract rich in peptidases, that is, proteolytic enzymes that “break down” the amino acid bonds that make up proteins so that our body will absorb them more efficiently.
Pellicano et al. (2009) stated that bromelain food supplementation increased the bowel enzymatic activity and, together with other substances, it helps to buffer the symptoms of functional dyspepsia.
Bromelain and recovery
Using proteolytic enzymes (like bromelain) has been associated with better inflammatory and recovery markers perceived by athletes who carry demanding workouts.
Using food supplementation like a proteolytic product with bromelain can buffer the post-workout inflammation and improve the leukocyte migration to the areas that have been affected.
The result was a faster strength recovery after 3, 24 and 48 hours after the workout, proof of less muscle damage due to physical exercise.
Bromelain and nasal congestion
Another interesting effect of bromelain is its ability to unclog the nose in cases of sinusitis, an effect that was discovered last century.
Ryan (1967) conducted a controlled double-blind study that showed how an 86% of the participants who suffered nasal mucosa inflammation and congestion felt better after taking bromelain.
Concluding that bromelain can be a promising support treatment for sinusitis.
Why purchase Bromelain 500mg in HSN?
High enzymatic activity
The bromelain content of a product is not a sign of its quality.
In fact, many companies from the competence offer products with a high content of this protein. However, they do not state its enzymatic activity.
Our label “2500GDU/g” is proof of the real quality of a product:
A GDU is a gelatin digestion unit (a protein) when being exposed to a gram of bromelain. The higher the value is, the higher the quality of the product.
A bromelain of an excellent quality, with low breakdown levels and a high extraction tends to have 2400GDU/g. But why stop there!
Let us introduce you to a product with a superior quality, 2500GDU/g, in order to make the most of its properties.
Choose quality products with a clearly labeled content and activity
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Bromelain is a pineapple extract. However, we need to take something into account:
Most of the capsules are produced by other supplementation companies which are made from animal gelatin, altering the plant source of the products.
In HSN, we use capsules made with ingredients that do not come from animals, which is why:
Our Bromelain 500mg is a product suitable for vegans.
How to take Bromelain 500mg?
Take one capsule twice a day, before the meals.
Use bromelain in those meals that have a higher protein content to take advantage of its proteolytic activity.
How can we combine Bromelain 500mg?
Bromelain 500mg goes will with:
An incredible stack for your intestinal health.
- Buford, T. W., Cooke, M. B., Redd, L. L., Hudson, G. M., Shelmadine, B. D., & Willoughby, D. S. (2009). Protease supplementation improves muscle function after eccentric exercise. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 41(10), 1908–1914.
- Pellicano, R., Strona, S., Simondi, D., Reggiani, S., Pallavicino, F., Sguazzini, C., … Astegiano, M. (2009). Benefit of dietary integrators for treating functional dyspepsia: a prospective pilot study. Minerva Gastroenterologica e Dietologica, 55(3), 227–235.
- Ryan, R. E. (1967). A Double-Blind Clinical Evaluation of Bromelains in the Treatment of Acute Sinusitis. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 7(1), 13–17.
- Van den Houte, K., Carbone, F., Pannemans, J., Corsetti, M., Fischler, B., Piessevaux, H., & Tack, J. (2019). Prevalence and impact of self-reported irritable bowel symptoms in the general population. United European Gastroenterology Journal, 7(2), 307–315.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Bromelain (2500 GDU/g)||1000mg|