Summer’s a great time for keeping up our training routine. And we’ve got an HSN Fitness Plan for you!
August – a month of holidays for a lot of people.
Disconnecting, family, sun, beach, mountains… it’s easy for people to forget to pack their energy doses for exercise in the summer as well.
We know that September can be an uphill battle if you don’t keep up your routines throughout the summer.
We don’t put our feet up in August here at HSN, and we’re here to help you keep fit in a very simple and guided way.
- 1. Exercise and Physical Activity are the Best Remedies
- 2. HSN Summer Fitness Plan
- 3. How to distribute the Training Sessions?
- 4. SESSION 1: FULL BODY TRAINING
- 5. SESSION 2: HIGH INTENSITY CARDIOVASCULAR HIIT TRAINING
- 6. SESSION 3: UPPER BODY STRENGTH TRAINING
- 7. SESSION 4: LONG DURATION CARDIOVASCULAR TRAINING
- 8. SESSION 5: LOWER BODY STRENGTH TRAINING
- 9. SESSION 6: COMPLIMENTARY AND HEALTH WORK
- 10. Related Entries
Exercise and Physical Activity are the Best Remedies
We understand that after the stress of the past few months, and the degree of uncertainty, disconnection becomes the necessary tool to recharge our energy.
However, we also know that exercise and physical activity are the best medicines to fight not only the states of stress, but to improve all aspects of our health.
And why not feel more agile, stronger, confident…
Although the volume and intensity of weekly holiday training may be lowered, maintaining a certain level of activity and physical exercise is necessary for a number of reasons:
- To maintain adaptations at the level of strength, muscle mass and cardiorespiratory capacity of the previous months.
- To maintain optimal weight and good body composition with daily doses of physical activity and training.
- For enjoying nature, outdoor sports or activities that you don’t normally practice: water sports, hiking, climbing, cycling etc…
- To avoid unwanted weight gain.
Because there’s nothing better than feeling in shape and improving it.
HSN Summer Fitness Plan
We have prepared a General Training plan aimed at all those who want to keep fit, gain muscle mass, stay active…
How to distribute the Training Sessions?
If we’re on holiday, we have more time flexibility and more time to organise our sessions.
We recommend that you spend at least 45-60 minutes a day training, and if you can also do other activities such as walking, cycling, swimming…even better.
Not only to work on a cardiovascular level (I include purely aerobic intensities for their benefits).
Distribution of Sessions per Week
- 3 days of Strength Training / Hypertrophy Sessions.
- 2 days of Cardiovascular Training Sessions at moderate / high intensities.
- 1 day of active rest with complementary work such as: injury prevention, stretching, flexibility.
- 1 day of Total Rest.
How do we progress?
Remember that during this month of reduced intensity and volume is also necessary before starting your new training program with the new course.
That’s to say, set yourself the simplest objective: maintaining the habit of daily training.
We can progress in these weeks in two ways:
- Increasing the load (kg. or training intensity) of the exercises (it’s not recommended to increase more than 10% in each session).
- By increasing the volume of the session (add one or two more sets for example).
SESSION 1: FULL BODY TRAINING
Training session including different multi-joint exercises for both the lower and upper limbs.
SESSION 2: HIGH INTENSITY CARDIOVASCULAR HIIT TRAINING
At the beginning of the week, when we still have energy, is the ideal time to do a cardiovascular training session in the high and intense zone.
SESSION 3: UPPER BODY STRENGTH TRAINING
A third strength training session (hypertrophy intended only for upper body work) as well as including a part for working the “core” or middle zone.
SESSION 4: LONG DURATION CARDIOVASCULAR TRAINING
If you’re a runner, it’s the perfect day to put in a longer session at a moderate or even low intensity.
SESSION 5: LOWER BODY STRENGTH TRAINING
We return to strength/hypertrophy training aimed exclusively at lower limb muscles: glutes + legs.
SESSION 6: COMPLIMENTARY AND HEALTH WORK
It’s likely that after the week you’ll have accumulated a certain amount of tiredness.
The heat and humidity of the coastal areas don’t help our recovery either. That’s why it’s also important to plan your nutrition and maintain good levels of hydration throughout the day.
On the sixth day we’re going to do a lighter training session to complement our FITNESS PLAN. Not only should you look to be strong, but also to move well and be healthy.
We can do a specific CORE training session accompanied by a good mobility session or stretching.
In this way, the proposed plan is complete, varied and will help you to maintain your physical condition throughout your holiday.
- Do You Know the Benefits of Exercising in Water Visit this link.
- Take advantage of the summer to practice Paddle Surf! We tell you how to do it here.