Isabel del Barrio
She loves sport in all its splendour!
About the authorSport runs in the blood of Isabel, who has had a long sport career for all these years.
Above all, she focuses on natural movements and she teaches this to anyone that follows her or who is willing to take her lessons.
That passion for moving started at an early age. When Isabel was five, she already started to attend the África Guzmán Ballet Academy. She even claims that “it was love at first sight”.
After that, she tried out other activities: Athletics and figure skating. Then, she started teaching collective lessons in the program “Les Mills”. This was her first contact with the world of fitness, from which “she never stops learning”.
Isabel has worked in the field of business apart from teaching at the University Rey Juan Carlos I.
Despite working on that, she never left her passion for sport aside. In fact, she decided to participate in her first Triathlon.
You can find her in her website: “On my training shoes”, where she shares quite interesting information about the world of sports, nutrition, workout routines...
“Sport is part of my life, I cannot imagine living without it”. “I like sharing my vision with all those who are also curious about this field”.
Formation and Experience
- Degree in Law and Administration and Business Management at the University Carlos III, Madrid.
- Erasmus at the University College London UCL, Faculty of Laws.
- Postgraduate of "International Business” at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Financial Market Technician at the Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, Madrid.
- Master in Executive Business Management at the University Carlos III, Madrid.
- Classical dance at the Royal Academy of Dancing of London.
- Instructor of Aerobic and Step Collective Lessons at the FEDA (Spanish Federation of Guided Activities and Fitness) (1999).
- Program Instructor - Bodypump, Bodycombat, Bodybalance, RPM, BodyAttack at Les Mills (2000).
- TRX - TRX® Instructor (2005).
- Running Analysis Instructor - Certificate by Vivo Barefoot (2013).
- Functional Strength Course - ProWellness (Domingo Sánchez) (2014).
- Certified Personal Trainer - National Strength and Condition Association (NSCA) (2014).
- University Specialist in Personal Training - Technical University of Madrid/INEF (2016-2017).
- Specialist Course in Training and Women by the Triathlon Federation of Madrid (2019).
- Elite Triathlete in Medium and Long Distance
- Specialist in Female Training and Running
More content by Isabel del Barrio
Foam Roller: what it is and what it’s used for
Isabel del Barrio 4 min. of reading Fitness
Transition to Natural Running
Isabel del Barrio 13 min. of reading Running
Tips for Buying Minimalist Footwear
Isabel del Barrio 10 min. of reading Running
Tips for Outdoor Training in Winter
Isabel del Barrio 4 min. of reading Running