Today we bring a delicious recipe charged with energy and flavor, which will consist on the combination of two excellent ingredients: Pumpkin and Coconut.
Coconut milk has between a 15 and 22 per cent of fat approximately. However, it has less fat than other types of milk, like cow milk which has between a 30 and a 35 per cent of fat.
Moreover, the fatty acids from coconut milk are mostly medium chain triglycerides with important properties, and which is an energy source that comes from fat that tends to oxidize and which is not deposited in the adipose tissue. This will result in a less increase of gaining weight, apart from all the benefits of coconut that we are going to get.
This time, we are offering one of the healthiest recipes that combines the benefits of coconut and vegetables. This recipe is a pumpkin cream with coconut milk.
Using coconut milk for your recipes is a delicious choice to take care of your health and to explore new and exquisite flavors
Pumpkin Cream with Coconut Milk Recipe
Recipe Tips: Pumpkin Cream with Coconut Milk
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Dish
- Number of servings: 2
- Cooking style: European
- 2 onions
- 3 spoonfuls of sunflower oil
- 750 grams of Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1-2 teaspoons of thin Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of curry
- A little bit of chopped parsley
- 1 can of coconut milk
- A little bit of fresh grated ginger
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||52.5g|
|of which sugars:||6g|
How to make: Pumpkin Cream with Coconut Milk
- Cut the pumpkin and the cinnamon in dices.
- Take a cooking pot with a little bit of sunflower oil and cook the onion until it is soft and transparent.
- Clean the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut in dices.
- Add the pumpkin to the pot where we have the onion and cook everything together.
- Add water until the vegetables are completely covered and add the vegetable stock cube, salt and cinnamon. You can also add a little bit of ground pepper if you want.
- Stir the vegetables and cook them at low fire for 20 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add coconut milk and curry and let it a few more minutes, until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Finally, blend the mixture and strain it. We will obtain a delicious cream. Add more salt if necessary.
- Serve and season with the chopped parsley and ginger.
Done! Our delicious pumpkin cream with coconut milk recipe!
This is one of the most famous coconut milk recipes and one of the easiest ones to make. You can cook this cream and serve it as the main dish.
This type of recipes can also be served with a dish of basmati rice. Specifically, this pumpkin cream provides the organism with all the benefits of coconut and vegetables..
If you liked this pumpkin cream recipe you can give it a thumbs up on Facebook, leave a comment on Twitter, or send it to your friends through email. Your social media contacts will be impressed by this delicious recipe.
You will find fitness recipes in our website that are similar to this one. You can use them to cook the healthiest and tastiest dishes.