When you follow a fitness diet, chicken will always be a great ally. Low in fats and rich in proteins. It is simply perfect for your daily energy supply. Although, as you may have experienced, eating roasted chicken always can be repetitive and tiring. This recipe is a delicious and fun alternative.
Recipe Tips: Mediterranean Chicken Breast
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Dish
- Number of servings: 4
- Cooking style: Mediterranean
- 4 boneless chicken breasts without skin
- Feta cheese or fresh cheese
- ¼ of a cup of dry tomatoes
- ¼ of a cup of boneless Kalamata olives
- 1 spoonful of fresh dill
- 1 spoonful of chopped parsley
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 spoonfuls of olive oil
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||4g|
|of which sugars:||1g|
How to make: Mediterranean Chicken Breast
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
- Add salt and pepper to the breast and, use a sharp knife to make a diagonal cut. Make sure that you do not cut it completely, since what we are trying to make a kind of pocket with the meat.
- Take a bowl and mix the feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, dill, parsley, onion, and some olive oil.
- Fill the chicken breasts and seal the sides with a little bit of water.
- Heat a big pan at medium heat with a spoonful of oil. When it is hot, fry the breasts on both sides quickly. Then, put them on a dish with some absorbing paper to remove all the excess of oil.
- Put the breasts in an oven mold with a special paper so that it does not stick, and finish cooking them for 5-10 minutes.