A sublime combination: cashew, chicken, quinoa and vegetables, dressed with a touch of homemade sauce.
They provide us with proteins, complex carbohydrates, fats (with the majority unsaturated), vitamins and minerals. Although it’ll take us a little longer than other recipes, it’s great for those moments when we have a little more time for cooking.
Recipe Tips: Cashew, Chicken and Quinoa Casserole
- Preparation time: 12 minutes
- Cooking time: 55 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Plate
- Number of servings: 3
- Cooking style: American
- 250g of chicken breast cut into long and thin strips
- 50g of raw cashews
- 50g of quinoa
- 1 red and 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/2 a carton of chopped tomatoes
- Garlic powder
- Ginger powder
- Ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||4g|
|of which sugars:||8,3g|
How to make: Cashew, Chicken and Quinoa Casserole
- Pre-heat the over for 10mins at 200º. Cut the vegetables and place them in a bowl.
- Sauce: mix the honey, chopped tomato, soy sauce, and spices in a glass of water and stir well.
- Fill an oven dish with layers: first with vegetables, then the quinoa (pre-drained), and finally the chicken.
- Cover it with the sauce.
- Cook for 45 mins at 180º.
- Add the cashews and cook for another 10 mins.
- Take it out of the oven and add the chives. Stir well, and it's ready to serve!