EVOPEPT 2.0 (PeptoPro®)
- 100% Peptopro® protein source. Suitable for vegetarians
- High hydrolysis degree
- High dipeptide and tripeptide content
- Perfect for the peri-workout period
What is Evopept 2.0?
Evopept 2.0 by SportSeries is a food supplement made of hydrolyzed casein protein that provides 9.7g of protein per serving (13g). The main feature of this protein is how easily our body digests it. Therefore, it means that it is a perfect protein for the intra-workout or for those moments when you want to give your digestive system a break.
Do you want to know why? Keep reading to find out!
What makes Evopept 2.0 different from the rest of proteins?
HSN is proud to present Evopept 2.0! A protein that has been specially designed for the most demanding athletes who want to benefit from the superior properties of the protein with the highest hydrolysis degree in the market when compared to intact protein sources. What does this mean?
It means that this protein undergoes a process that results in the smallest particles in order to improve their digestion and absorption.
We have used the patent Peptopro® in order to bring you the best raw ingredient: 100% hydrolyzed casein protein without other mixed sources, without amino spiking or fillers. The Peptopro® seal ensures the highest quality of Evopept 2.0, standardizing the origin of the raw ingredient and guaranteeing its high hydrolysis degree.
Why take Evopept 2.0?
Evopept 2.0 is a 'technological protein' that has been specially designed for its use around the workout, when the gut blood flow is low and it can compromise the protein digestion. (Åstrand et al., 2003).
Thanks to its high dipeptide and tripeptide content, our Evopept 2.0 has a much faster bowel absorption, increasing the blood plasma amino acid levels (that is, the marker that indicates how much protein has been effectively absorbed by the organism) between a 25 and 50% more after taking hydrolyzed casein instead of intact casein. (Koopman, 2009).
How does this happen? In order to understand how it works, we have to take into account that before being absorbed, protein has to be broken down into oligopeptides and amino acids. (Boron and Boulpaep, 2017)
Imagine a pearl necklace and each pearl is an amino acid that can be absorbed by the intestine thanks to a group of cotransporters. If we bind two amino acids (dipeptide) or three amino acids (tripeptide), the body uses a type of special transporters called hydrogen/oligopeptide cotransporters (PepT1). They have the ability to help the body absorb these small amino acid chains (oligopeptides).
From that number of amino acids, each pearl that we add will increase the complexity of the previous process to enable the absorption.
If we add one more pearl to the chain, we will go from a tripeptide to a tetrapeptide and so on. Therefore, the protein structure will become more complex, just like the previous breakdown in the intestinal brush border before its components (amino acids and oligopeptides) can be absorbed. (Grimble, 1994)
That is why Evopept 2.0 has such a high quality! Thanks to its high hydrolysis degree, it has many peptides made up of 2 or 3 amino acids, which can be absorbed without having to be broken down, unlike more complex protein structures. All in all, this improves the digestion and absorption of protein, so that there will be even more amino acids in the blood than if we just took free form amino acids. (Adibi and Morse, 1977).
These features make of Evopept 2.0 a perfect protein for those periods when we take more protein and we are saturated.
According to scientific evidence, Evopept 2.0 has the most efficient protein structure for its absorption. (Manninen, 2009)
When is the best time to take this product?
Evopept 2.0 is a protein that has been specially designed for:
- When our protein intake is high and we want to benefit from the 'kinetic advantage' (Boron and Boulpaep, 2017) of the oligopeptides.
- When we want to let our digestive system rest, specially during periods of a high calorie intake.
- When we need a fast amino acid discharge to the blood.
In any phase, around the workout:
- And specially, the intra-workout.
Mix a serving of Evopept 2.0 in 250-300ml of cold water so that you will enjoy a perfect flavor and texture.
How can we combine Evopept 2.0?
- 1. Adibi, S. A., & Morse, E. L. (1977). The number of glycine residues which limits intact absorption of glycine oligopeptides in human jejunum. The Journal of Clinical Investigation, 60(5), 1008–1016.
- 2. Boron, W., Boulpaep, E. (Eds.) (2017) Medical physiology: a cellular and molecular approach Philadelphia, PA: Saunders/Elsevier.
- 3. Grimble, G. K. (1994). The significance of peptides in clinical nutrition. Annual Review of Nutrition, 14, 419–447.
- 4. Koopman, R., Crombach, N., Gijsen, A. P., Walrand, S., Fauquant, J., Kies, A. K., … van Loon, L. J. C. (2009). Ingestion of a protein hydrolysate is accompanied by an accelerated in vivo digestion and absorption rate when compared with its intact protein. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 90(1), 106–115.
- 5. Manninen, A. H. (2009). Protein hydrolysates in sports nutrition. Nutrition & Metabolism, 6, 38.
 According to the results by Koopman et al. (2009).
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 2 scoops (13g)|
|Servings per container: 38|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||0g|
|of which sugars||0.6g|
|Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.38).|
EVOPEPT 2.0 (PEPTOPRO) 500g TROPICAL ingredients:Casein hydrolysate (milk, PeptoPro®), acid [E330 (citric acid)], acidity regulator [E340 i) (monopotassium phosphate)], sweetener [E955 (sucralose)], flavour.
How to take EVOPEPT 2.0 (PEPTOPRO) 500g TROPICAL:Mix 2 dispensers (13g) with 250-300ml of cold water.
Warnings de EVOPEPT 2.0 (PEPTOPRO) 500g TROPICAL:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children.
Amino Acids Profile
|Amino Acids Profile||x100g|
Videos Related To EVOPEPT 2.0 (PeptoPro®)
In this section you can see and download the research carried out by independent certified laboratories, providing the most precise and detailed information of each one.
Very easy to digest protein which makes a perfect intra-workout. The flavour is very pleasant and it truly improves the post-workout recovery.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Good although expensive
Great intra-workout supplement. I combine it with my carb shake and the flavour is very nice. Even though it is a little bit expensive, it is worth it in order to avoid muscle cramps or DOMS.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics