CLUSTER DEXTRIN® (HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN) POWDER
- 100% Raw Cluster Dextrin®.
- Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD).
- Sugar free.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (Cluster Dextrin®) by RawSeries is a vegan powdered food supplement, based on highly branched cyclic dextrin Cluster Dextrin®.
Cluster Dextrin (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextin) is a new type of dextrin that is produced from amylopectin via the cyclisation reaction of a branching enzyme (EC 220.127.116.11).
Genuine Cluster Dextrin® contains no sugars in its composition and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Carbohydrates contribute to the recovery of normal muscle function (contraction) after physical exercise of high intensity and/or long duration leading to muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscle.
Because we develop our product from the pure raw material Cluster Dextrin®!
Cluster Dextrin® due to its physico-chemical characteristics, it has certain interesting particularities for sportsmen and women.
Cluster Dextrin® has a narrower molecular weight distribution than other dextrins.
This may be partly due to the high specificity of the branching enzymes used for their production.
Cluster Dextrin® has a high molecular weight.
Although Cluster Dextrin® has a high molecular weight, it also has a high solubility.
A Cluster Dextrin® solution has the following characteristics compared to other dextrins of similar dextrose equivalents:
- Produces a low osmotic pressure in the solution.
- Increases the amount of carbohydrates to be used per volume of liquid.
The sweetness level of Cluster Dextrin® is extremely low, due to its high purity and the fact that it contains fewer low molecular weight substances.
This is another distinguishing feature of the product:
Higher concentrations can be used in solution, as they do not alter the sweetness significantly and do not make you feel thirsty during physical exercise.
- Good solubility, does not cloud the liquid or settle, even at high concentrations.
- Sugar-free, thanks to being a complex carbohydrate.
- Low sweetness, does not significantly affect the taste of the mixture used.
Mix one scoop (25g) in 300-400ml of water.
All information regarding the characteristics of Cluster Dextrin® has been obtained from the raw material specifications on the Glico Nutrition website.
- Kanter, M. (2018). High-Quality Carbohydrates and Physical Performance. Nutrition Today, 53(1), 35–39.
- Dahl, H. A., Rodahl, K., Stromme, S. B., & Åstrand, P.-O. (2003). Textbook of work physiology: physiological bases of exercise (4th ed.).
- Jeukendrup, A. E. (2004). Carbohydrate intake during exercise and performance. Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), 20(7–8), 669—677.
- Kanter, M. (2018). High-Quality Carbohydrates and Physical Performance: Expert Panel Report. Nutrition Today, 53(1), 35–39.
- Loureiro, L. M. R., Reis, C. E. G., & da Costa, T. H. M. (2018). Effects of Coffee Components on Muscle Glycogen Recovery: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 28(3), 284–293.
- Murray, B., & Rosenbloom, C. (2018). Fundamentals of glycogen metabolism for coaches and athletes. Nutrition Reviews, 76(4), 243–259.
- Shiraki, T., Kometani, T., Yoshitani, K., Takata, H., & Nomura, T. (2015). Evaluation of Exercise Performance with the Intake of Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin in Athletes. Food Science and Technology Research, 21(3), 499–502.
- Takii, H., Takii (Nagao), Y., Kometani, T., Nishimura, T., Nakae, T., Kuriki, T., & Fushiki, T. (2005). Fluids Containing a Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin Influence the Gastric Emptying Rate. Int J Sports Med, 26(04), 314–319.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop of 50ml (25g)|
|daily dose: 1 scoop of 50ml (25g)|
|Servings per container: 40|
|Cluster Dextrin® (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin)|