CLUSTER DEXTRIN® (HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN) POWDER
- 100% Raw Cluster Dextrin®.
- Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD).
- Sugar free.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (Cluster Dextrin®) by RawSeries is a vegan powdered food supplement, based on highly branched cyclic dextrin Cluster Dextrin®.
Cluster Dextrin (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextin) is a new type of dextrin that is produced from amylopectin via the cyclisation reaction of a branching enzyme (EC 18.104.22.168).
Genuine Cluster Dextrin® contains no sugars in its composition and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Because it is a pure source of carbohydrates, which are the body's main source of energy during high-intensity and/or long-term physical exercise.
Dr. Kanter notes 'For high-intensity performance, carbohydrates are still king' (2018).
With this sentence, he emphasises the importance of this energy nutrient for sporting activities:
Carbohydrates contribute to the recovery of normal muscle function (contraction) after physical exercise of high intensity and/or long duration leading to muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscle.1
Because we develop our product from the pure raw material Cluster Dextrin®!
Cluster Dextrin® due to its physico-chemical characteristics, it has certain interesting particularities for sportsmen and women.
Cluster Dextrin® has a narrower molecular weight distribution than other dextrins.
This may be partly due to the high specificity of the branching enzymes used for their production.
Cluster Dextrin® has a high molecular weight.
Although Cluster Dextrin® has a high molecular weight, it also has a high solubility.
A Cluster Dextrin® solution has the following characteristics compared to other dextrins of similar dextrose equivalents:
- It produces a low osmotic pressure in the solution.
This is one of the essential characteristics of the product, which makes it:
- Faster gastric emptying.
- Increases the amount of carbohydrates to be used per volume of liquid without causing digestive discomfort.
The sweetness level of Cluster Dextrin® is extremely low, due to its high purity and the fact that it contains fewer low molecular weight substances.
This is another distinguishing feature of the product:
Higher concentrations can be used in solution, as they do not alter the sweetness significantly and do not make you feel thirsty during physical exercise.
- Good solubility, does not cloud the liquid or settle, even at high concentrations.
- Sugar-free, thanks to being a complex carbohydrate.
- Low sweetness, does not significantly affect the taste of the mixture used.
- Light digestion, thanks to the high branching of the polymer.
Mix one dispenser (25g) in 300-400ml of water to maintain a concentration of the solution at around 6-8%, isotonic.
All information regarding the characteristics of Cluster Dextrin® has been obtained from the raw material specifications on the Glico Nutrition website.
- Kanter, M. (2018). High-Quality Carbohydrates and Physical Performance. Nutrition Today, 53(1), 35–39.
- Dahl, H. A., Rodahl, K., Stromme, S. B., & Åstrand, P.-O. (2003). Textbook of work physiology: physiological bases of exercise (4th ed.).
- Jeukendrup, A. E. (2004). Carbohydrate intake during exercise and performance. Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), 20(7–8), 669—677.
- Kanter, M. (2018). High-Quality Carbohydrates and Physical Performance: Expert Panel Report. Nutrition Today, 53(1), 35–39.
- Loureiro, L. M. R., Reis, C. E. G., & da Costa, T. H. M. (2018). Effects of Coffee Components on Muscle Glycogen Recovery: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 28(3), 284–293.
- Murray, B., & Rosenbloom, C. (2018). Fundamentals of glycogen metabolism for coaches and athletes. Nutrition Reviews, 76(4), 243–259.
- Shiraki, T., Kometani, T., Yoshitani, K., Takata, H., & Nomura, T. (2015). Evaluation of Exercise Performance with the Intake of Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin in Athletes. Food Science and Technology Research, 21(3), 499–502.
- Takii, H., Takii (Nagao), Y., Kometani, T., Nishimura, T., Nakae, T., Kuriki, T., & Fushiki, T. (2005). Fluids Containing a Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin Influence the Gastric Emptying Rate. Int J Sports Med, 26(04), 314–319.
1 The effect is achieved with carbohydrate consumption, from all sources, at a total intake of 4g per kg body weight, in doses, during the first 4 hours and no later than 6 hours after intense and/or long duration physical exercise leading to muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscle.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (25g)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop (25g)|
|Servings per container: 80|
|Cluster Dextrin® (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin)||25g|
CLUSTER DEXTRIN® (HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN) 2Kg ingredients:Cluster Dextrin™ (highly branched cyclic dextrin) 100%.
How to take CLUSTER DEXTRIN® (HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN) 2Kg:Mix 1 scoop (25 g) with 300 - 400 ml of water.
Warnings de CLUSTER DEXTRIN® (HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN) 2Kg:Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Videos Related To CLUSTER DEXTRIN® (HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN) POWDER
I use it for peri and post-workout, it allows longer workouts, shorter breaks between sets. It makes you feel truly recovered after an intense physical effort.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
I mix it with my chocolate & cookies whey protein or some bcaa's and it tastes good, it also mixes really well and gives a nice energy boost if you use it before the workoutHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Does not produce swelling
I have food intolerance issues, but this product provides an easy digestion, after 20 minutes my stomach feels empty, and I do not feel bloated at all.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics