As those who have been following me for a while may already know… I like to share my cutting phase training every year (except when I had other personal objectives). I do this in case you want to change and try a different routine or change the way you train, or a pattern to have some objectives…
I have been getting requests to create a new training and since I recently discovered that I have type 1 diabetes, I have decided to create a 12 weeks intense cutting phase training. I will start from a different state when compared to other years, since I have spend 3 months without training.
Who can benefit from this training?
Before we continue, I want to be clear, this training is not meant for beginners. First of all, you should start controlling the exercises, learning the technique, controlling the pace, intensifying the workout. You will plenty of time to do cutting or bulking phases, but you start learning the keys of bodybuilding little by little.
This training is aimed at experienced people, with an intense year of weightlifting at least, since we will use metabolic concepts which are similar to the ones that Beatman uses for his training, but less advanced and more aimed at hypertrophy than performance. However, I will still bring new things when compared to previous training methods or or classic bodybuilding routines.
- Warm-up: I will tell you which exercise you should do to warm up, not always cardio. Moreover, there will be an activation phase to start off the routine at a good intensity without any issue.
- Breaks and pace: both the breaks between exercises and sets will appear on the table, as well as the pace.
- Sets/Reps: they will appear in the routine, with some particular features. If the sets have a descending number of reps (10-10-8-6) we will have to increase the weight in each set, if it is ascending (12-12-15-20) we will lowers the weight in each set. If the number of reps is fixed you will have to use the same weight.
- Weights: we will use the RM, in this way, you will know more or less which weight you need for each exercise until failure. The weight that appears serves as a guideline, since it will mainly depend on the level and partial strength of the individual. But it will give you an idea of the amount of weight you will need.
- Supersets and combos (metabolic supersets): supersets will be marked with a + in between, the combos will be grouped in a sub-table and they will be called metabolic supersets.
- Cardio: the routine will mark when it must be done, as well as its type and duration, and if is optional or not.
- Stretching: it is always important to stretch the muscles we have used during the workout at least 10 minutes after training and before the cardio. It does not appear in the routine, but it is also indispensable to stretch after training.
- Duration: we are going to do a classic cutting phase training for 3 months (12 weeks), the main objective is to finish the last one on the last week of June or the first week of July.
- Diet: the ideal thing would be to follow a normocaloric or hypocaloric diet (with weekly refeeds), since the training will be highly demanding. Another choice would be using the HSN Protocol by Sergio Espinar, here you have it.
Routine for the first week
If you have any doubt, leave a comment below. Now, let’s get to it!!!Week 2