Looking for a meatball recipe without the meat…? Quinoa ‘Meatballs’.
Recipe Tips: Quinoa ‘Meatballs’
- Preparation time: 12 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Portion size: 1 'Meatball'
- Number of servings: 10
- Cooking style: Mediterranean
- 150g of quinoa
- 6 egg whites
- 50g of chickpea flour
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 pinch of parsley
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Olive oil
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||0,2g|
|of which sugars:||0,7g|
How to make: Quinoa ‘Meatballs’
- First, heat water in a saucepan. When it starts to boil, add the quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and pepper into very fine pieces. Add oil to a non-stick pan. When it's hot, add the vegetables and cook on a low heat.
- When the quinoa is ready, drain the water and place it in a bowl. Dry it as much as possible using paper.
- In another bowl, add the quinoa, along with the vegetables and the rest of the spices.
- With the help of a fork, crush everything until into a consistent mass.
- Then, using your hands, form it into meatball shapes.
- You can fry or bake the meatballs.
- If doing the latter: heat the oven for 10min at 200º. Add the meatballs to a cooking tray and spread with olive oil. Then put in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes at 170º, until golden..