You can serve it either hot or cold; both just as appetising as each other! Meat and Vegetable Pie.
Recipe Tips: Meat and Vegetable Pie
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Piece
- Number of servings: 6
- Cooking style: American
- 400g of minced beef
- 1 puff pastry piece (260g)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a finely chopped onion
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 chopped leek
- 1 tin of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 minced garlic
- A little finely chopped parsley
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 200g 2 cheese mix
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||9,4g|
|of which sugars:||2g|
How to make: Meat and Vegetable Pie
- Sauté the vegetables in one pan and the meat in another. Salt and pepper both.
- Fill an oven dish with the puff pastry piece (lining the dish with a little oil or butter first).
- Cover the piece with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle over the oregano.
- Mix the vegetables and meat together in a bowl.
- Then fill the pie in layers: 1 meat and veg, and 1 cheese.
- Cover the pie with another layer of puff pastry (you could add another layer of cheese on top).
- Beat an egg and brush the surface of the pie with the egg wash.
- Pre-heated the oven for 10 minutes at 220º, then stick in the pie and cook for 15mins at 180º.
- You'll see it's ready when the top takes on a golden colour. Enjoy!