POTASSIUM CITRATE POWDER
- Potassium citrate powder.
- 36% elemental potassium.
- No additives.
- Less intense flavour than other forms.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Table of contents
What is Potassium Citrate Powder?
Potassium Citrate Powder by RawSeries is a vegan powdered food supplement based on citric potassium salts.
Potassium citrate is the salt of citric acid with 3 potassium ions attached by non-covalent bonds. It is a white, crystalline powder with a high water binding capacity.
The product is 100% suitable for inclusion in vegetarian and vegan diets.
Potassium Citrate Powder properties
- Potassium contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Potassium contributes to normal muscle function.
- Potassium contributes to the maintenance of blood pressure.
Why to take Potassium Citrate Powder?
Because potassium is an indispensable nutrient that must be consumed through the diet as our body lacks the ability to synthesise it de novo.
Why buy Potassium Citrate in HSN?
No salty taste
Most companies offering potassium salts for use very cheap forms, such as chloride.
This form of potassium is the same form used in so-called 'sodium-free salt' products, but in a much more expensive form, and with an intense salty taste.
This makes it impossible to consume it as a food supplement as it has a very poor homogeneity and consuming it mixed together produces a strong rejection due to its intense taste of saline water.
In HSN we know this, so we have developed a superior product!
Potassium citrate is a tremendously hygroscopic salt, which makes it excellent for dissolving in water, does not require large volumes of liquid, and homogenises easily in a small amount of water.
It has no odour and its taste, although slightly saline, is much less intense than that of the inorganic salts normally available on the market, making it easier to use.
Pure and suitable for vegetarians and vegans
We have not used any ingredients of animal origin in the development of our product.
This is why our potassium citrate powder is free from animal traces and therefore suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Which products combine Potassium Citrate with?
Goes great with:
How does Potassium Citrate taste?
Potassium citrate has a sour and intensely salty taste.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2010). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to potassium pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 8(2), 1469.
- Ohana, E., Shcheynikov, N., Moe, O. W., & Muallem, S. (2013). SLC26A6 and NaDC-1 transporters interact to regulate oxalate and citrate homeostasis. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 24(10), 1617–1626.
- Monarski, S. C., Klinger, M., Puziewicz-Zmonarska, A., Krajewska, M., Mazanowska, O., & Dembinska, E. (2001). Therapeutic use of potassium citrate. Przeglad lekarski, 58(2), 82–86.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1/3 scoop of 5ml (1.4g)|
|daily dose: 1/3 scoop of 5ml (1.4g)|
|Servings per container: 107|
|of potassium citrate|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|