FOLIC ACID 800mcg - 250 tabs
- Folic acid and vitamin B12.
- Tablet tablets.
Table of contents
Folic Acid by Now Foods is a food supplement based on folic acid and vitamin B12.
For folic acid, the target population is women of childbearing age and its effect is obtained with a daily supplemental folic acid intake of 400µg. Its intake can increase maternal folate status, a low level of which is a risk factor for the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus.
Folic Acid also contains vitamin B, which is one of the most difficult water-soluble vitamins for the body to assimilate, so quality is paramount when choosing an effective folic acid supplement. In this line, vitamin B12 can provide the following properties in the body:
- May contribute to normal energy metabolism.
- Maintain normal functioning of the nervous system.
- May contribute to normal homocysteine metabolism.
- May aid in the normal formation of red blood cells.
- May support normal immune system function.
- May help relieve fatigue and tiredness.
- May play a role in cell division.
Unlike other supplements, Folic Acid has the right amount of folic acid to bring about its positive effects on women:
- 800µ of folic acid per daily dose.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 250|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)||25µg||1000%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|