VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU
VEGAN VITAMIN D3 4000IU
CALCIUM CITRATE + VITAMIN D3 (150mg CALCIUM/300UI)
CALCIUM + MAGNESIUM + VITAMIN D3
VITAMIN C 1000mg
NIACIN (VITAMIN B3) FLUSH-FREE 500mg
VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN) 100mg
NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (VITAMIN A) 15000IU
- 25mcg (1000IU) of vegan vitamin D3 per serving.
- Vegetable capsules.
- Cholecalciferol from lichen.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Vegan Vitamin D3 1000IU de EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules, based on vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) from lichen.
Cholecalciferol is a form of vitamin D, a fat-soluble vitamin that is nutritionally essential during periods of low sun exposure.
We have developed a vitamin D3 product, cholecalciferol, extracted from lichen and encapsulated with a veggie ingredient. As a result, our product contains no animal ingredients and is 100% suitable for consumption by vegans.
Because vitamin D3 is an essential nutrient that we must consume through food.
Did you know...
Although vitamin D3 is created from exposure of the skin to the sun, during the winter in European countries exposure is insufficient to maintain healthy concentrations?
About 40% of the population is vitamin D deficient! (Parva et al., 2018)
Vitamin D contributes to the normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, and to normal blood calcium levels.
Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function and normal immune system function.
We have formulated our vitamin D with the cholecalciferol (D3) form and not ergocalciferol (D2), as some research seems to indicate that the D3 form is more efficient than the D2 form (Tripkovic et al., 2012).
We wanted to offer an alternative to our 4000 IUI versions of vitamin D3 4000IU; as some people find it too high a dose for their needs.
In this product we present ¼ of the standard dose of 4000 IUI: 25mcg (1000 IU) which is more than enough to meet the daily nutritional needs of a normal person for vitamin D3.
Our vitamin D3 is suitable for vegans:
- The vitamin is produced from lichen, a micro-organism of non-animal origin.
- The capsule is vegetable-based, made without the use of gelatine or other compounds of animal origin.
- It contains no excipients of animal origin.
- It has not been produced in contact with other ingredients of animal origin.
Our food supplements in capsule form are suitable for inclusion in diets suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
You only need one daily intake, one vegetarian capsule, once a day.
It is preferable to consume it with a meal, preferably one that is high in fat, as this enhances vitamin D absorption.
- de Haan, K., Groeneveld, J. B. J., de Geus, H. R. H., Egal, M., & Struijs, A. (2014). Vitamin D deficiency as a risk factor for infection, sepsis and mortality in the critically ill: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Critical Care, 18(1), 660.
- Parva, N. R., Tadepalli, S., Singh, P., Qian, A., Joshi, R., Kandala, H., … Cheriyath, P. (2018). Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency and Associated Risk Factors in the US Population (2011-2012). Cureus, 10(6), e2741.
- Tak, Y. J., Lee, J. G., Kim, Y. J., Park, N. C., Kim, S. S., Lee, S., … Yi, Y. H. (2015). Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and testosterone deficiency in middle-aged Korean men: A cross-sectional study. Asian Journal of Andrology, 17(2), 324–328.
- Tripkovic, L., Lambert, H., Hart, K., Smith, C. P., Bucca, G., Penson, S., … Lanham-New, S. (2012). Comparison of vitamin D2 and vitamin D3 supplementation in raising serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status: A systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 95(6), 1357–1364.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)||25µ||500%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU - 120 veg caps ingredients:Bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], cholecalciferol (vitamin D3, from lichen), anti-caking agents (magnesium salts of fatty acids, silicon dioxide).
How to take VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule once a day with a meal.
Warnings de VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose.
Videos Related To VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU
I live in Scotland and here we do not get much sunlight, so this supplement is definitely a must for me. Happy to see there is a vegan version!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics