- Undenatured Type II Collagen.
- Raw material: UC-II®.
- Exclusive HSN formula.
- High vitamin and mineral content.
Table of contents
UC-II® 40mg from EssentialSeries is a food supplement in capsules based on chicken cartilage standardised to 25% collagen (including undenatured type II collagen), vitamins and minerals.
Undenatured type II collagen is an ingredient of high nutritional value due to its practically non-existent presence in the diet, and more and more trials and reviews are being published on the application of this ingredient as a dietary supplement for athletes who receive high impacts on their joints.
UC-II® from HSN used the registered UC-II® brand, recognised as being the one used in scientific studies.
UC-II®, as well as containing a high concentration of standardised cartilage, has been formulated by experts at HSN with a set of vitamins and minerals specially selected for their recognised action on joint metabolism.
The collagen fibrils of the structural basis of the cartilage matrix are mainly made up of type II collagen protein (Gencoglu et al., 2020).
The main characteristic of UC-II® is its amino acid composition, which provides high amounts of glycine, proline and hydroxyproline, especially present in glycyl-prolyl-hydroxyproline peptide structures.
El UC-II has the tertiary and quaternary structure of its glycoproteins intact.
All this makes it a key food supplement in the diet of any athlete who trains with high load and intensity, and elderly people who are looking for support.
UC-II 40mg from HSN contained vitamins and minerals specially selected for joint activity. Including:
- Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 (MenaquinGold®): Which contributes to the maintenance of bones in normal health.
- Vitamin C: Which contributes to the normal formation of collagen for the normal functioning of bones and cartilage.
- Manganese + Copper: Which contribute to the normal formation of connective tissue, such as joint cartilage and ligaments.
A specific combination to achieve the maximum effects of the food supplement!
UC-II® is a registered trademark of Lonza. This ingredient provides undenatured type II collagen.
At HSN we're not only concerned with the selection of the best raw materials on the market, but also with using them in effective quantities, according to the latest scientific evidence.
You'll find many undenatured type II collagen products with a standardised cartilage content of 10 and 20mg.
However, clinical trials, as well as Lonza, the supplier of the raw material, recommend the use of a single dose of 40mg of standardised cartilage daily in order to get the most out of the undenatured type II collagen.
Our food supplement has been developed with an effective dose of 40mg per capsule, in accordance with current efficacy and safety recommendations for the compound.
UC-II® 40mg has been developed with a studied combination of vitamins and minerals in sufficient quantities to exert the effects on bones and joints described above.
We use a combination of Vitamin D3 from lichen, and natural vitamin K2, in the form of menaquinone-7 (K2-MK7) from Natto, with the MenaquinGold® patent, known for their quality production of vitamins.
We use highly bioavailable mineral sources, with high elemental content to offer you the highest quality on the market.
- 2mg of Manganese comes form Magnesium Citrate.
- 0.5mg of Copper comes from Copper Bisglycinate.
Unlike other companies on the market, the mineral concentration we indicate on our label is that of the elemental mineral, not that of the salt.
We provide all the necessary information for the consumer, with maximum transparency..
The capsules of our UC-II® food supplement have a reduced size.
They have been adjusted as much as possible to make their use as comfortable as possible:
A single capsule per day, of high concentration and small diameter, to avoid using large quantities of tablets per day or excessively large tablet sizes.
At HSN we are characterised by efficiency in the development process, and improve thanks to the suggestions of our clients.
Use one capsule, once a day.
It's that simple!
It goes great with:
Links to scientific studies
- Lugo, J. P. (2019, July). Letter to the editor UC-II® Undenatured type II collagen: Update to analytical methods. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, Vol. 16, p. 29.
- Gencoglu, H., Orhan, C., Sahin, E., & Sahin, K. (2020). Undenatured type ii collagen (Uc-ii) in joint health and disease: A review on the current knowledge of companion animals. Animals, 10(4).
- Lugo, J. P., Saiyed, Z. M., Lau, F. C., Molina, J. P. L., Pakdaman, M. N., Shamie, A. N., & Udani, J. K. (2013). Undenatured type II collagen (UC-II®) for joint support: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in healthy volunteers. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 10(1), 48.
- Pullar, J. M., Carr, A. C., & Vissers, M. C. M. (2017). The roles of vitamin C in skin health. Nutrients, 9(8).
- Holick, M. F. (2007). Medical progress: Vitamin D deficiency. New England Journal of Medicine, 357(3), 266–281.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Medium chain triglycerides (from coconut oil)||150mg||++|
|Collagen (including undenatured type II collagen)||10mg||++|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||100mg||125%|
|Vitamin K (as menaquinone-7)||40µg||53%|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||7.5µg||150%|
|of copper bisglycinate||1.7mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
UC-II® 40mg - 120 veg caps ingredients:Micro-encapsulated medium chain triglycerides [medium chain triglycerides (from coconut oil), glazing agent (gum arabic)], ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose)], standardised cartilage (with undenatured type II collagen, UC-II®), menaquinone-7 (natural vitamin K2, MenaquinGold®), anti-caking agent (calcium silicate), manganese citrate, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), copper bisglycinate.
Warnings de UC-II® 40mg - 120 veg caps:Store in a cool (below 25°C), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. UC-II® is a registered trademark of Lonza.
How to take
Take 1 vegetable capsule, 1 time a day.
No reviews found with filters applied.