- 100% Beetroot powder.
- 0% additives.
- Red beet variety (Beta vulgaris).
- Naturally sweet, with no added sugars.1
- High in fibre.
Table of contents
Beetroot powder by EssentialSeries is a food made exclusively from beetroot powder.
Beetroot is a plant from the Amaranthaceae family and is related to both spinach and quinoa. The species is native to Europe, North Africa and the Middle East (Plants of the world online, n.d.).
Beetroot powder is suitable for vegan diets.
EssentialSeries RedBeet Powder is a source of protein, and:
- Low in sugar.
- High in fibre.
The salt content comes exclusively from the sodium naturally present in the food.
Beetroot is a popular vegetable and in its native state can be eaten boiled, pickled, or grated raw in a salad.
In powdered form, it can be used in recipes such as the famous Ukrainian soup: borscht, which has beetroot as the main ingredient.
Beetroot juice can be made by diluting a serving with 150-200 ml of water, obtaining a sweet drink that's perfect for maximising its flavour.
Food regulations prohibit health claims for the ingredient. We recommend consulting the scientific literature available for additional information.
HSN's beetroot powder is a product made from 100% Beta vulgaris roots.
Its powder format makes it perfect for adding to recipes and liquid preparations based on beetroot, such as juices or smoothies.
Thanks to its characteristic sweetness, you won't need to add any sugars or sweeteners for maximum enjoyment.
Beetroot can be used in small quantities in recipes of all kinds to attain a very attractive and exotic purple/red/pink colour, perfect for refreshing traditional dishes.
Powdered beetroot can be used because of its naturally occurring sugar content to partially replace the amount of white sugar added to recipes.
Our beetroot powder is gluten-free guaranteed and suitable for celiacs.
The product is free from substances or products that can cause allergies or intolerances, in compliance with Annex II of EU Regulation No 1169/2011.
The product is suitable for vegan diets and contains no ingredients of animal origin in its composition.
To get the best results, use the beetroot powder according to the specific instructions of the recipe you're making.
You can mix 1 scoop of 10ml with 150-200ml of water to make a delicious ready-to-go beetroot drink.
Scientific literature on beetroot
- Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. (sn. d.). Beta vulgaris L. | Plants of the World Online | Kew Science. Retrieved January 24, 2022.
- Clifford, T., Howatson, G., West, D. J., & Stevenson, E. J. (2015). The potential benefits of red beetroot supplementation in health and disease. Nutrients, 7(4), 2801–2822.
- Mirmiran, P., Houshialsadat, Z., Gaeini, Z., Bahadoran, Z., & Azizi, F. (2020). Functional properties of beetroot (Beta vulgaris) in management of cardio-metabolic diseases. Nutrition and Metabolism, 17(1), 3.
- Domínguez, R., Maté-Muñoz, J. L., Cuenca, E., García-Fernández, P., Mata-Ordoñez, F., Lozano-Estevan, M. C., … Garnacho-Castaño, M. V. (2018). Effects of beetroot juice supplementation on intermittent high-intensity exercise efforts. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 15, 2.
- Domínguez, R., Cuenca, E., Maté-Muñoz, J. L., García-Fernández, P., Serra-Paya, N., Estevan, M. C. L., … Garnacho-Castaño, M. V. (2017). Effects of beetroot juice supplementation on cardiorespiratory endurance in athletes. A systematic review. Nutrients, 9(1).
1 Contains naturally occurring sugars.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (8g)|
|Servings per container: 19|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||0.1g|
|of which sugars||46g|
|Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.25)|
BEETROOT POWDER 150g ingredients:Red beetroot powder (from Beta vulgaris root).
Warnings de BEETROOT POWDER 150g:Keep in a cool and dry place.
How to take
Gradually add small amounts until the desired flavour is obtained.
No reviews found with filters applied.