The “coquitos” are a traditional dessert that is made with grated coconut, sugar and egg. We have taken the original recipe and made a healthier version.
Recipe: Coquitos with Chocolate
There are some people who still believe that they have to stop eating fat to lose fat. This is far from being true, since we usually gain body fat due to an excess in high glycemic index carbohydrates, namely flours and sugars.
Fats are necessary.
In fact, they are an alternate source of energy to carbohydrates since they do not stimulate the insulin secretion. If you eat fats properly they can even help you lose fat, improve the functioning of your hormones which are in control of absolutely everything in our body. Moreover, fat helps us reduce the anxiety, control the appetite and regulate the blood glucose and insulin levels.
Coconut is a fruit with a high energy value, rich in saturated fats and minerals.
Recipe Tips: Coquitos with Chocolate
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Coquito
- Number of servings: 10
- Cooking style: American
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsps of Evowhey Protein 2.0 by SportSeries
- 100g of grated coconut
- 1.5-2g of sucralose by FoodSeries
- 70% pure chocolate
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||6.9g|
|of which sugars:||1.7g|
How to make: Coquitos with Chocolate
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk them. Add the coconut and mix. Finally, add the protein and sucralose powder. Mix again until everything is well combined.
- Once we have the balls, stretch the lower part and shape the upper part like a cone.
- When they are ready, put them in the oven between 7 to 10 minutes (depending on their size).
- Melt the chocolate. Take a non-stick surface (like baking paper) and put a little bit of chocolate. Then put one coquito in order to cover the base with the chocolate.
- Then, decorate the coquitos with chocolate threads, you can do this with a spoon.
- Let it cool until the chocolate becomes solid.
- The purpose of adding the protein powder is reducing the amount of coconut that we would need to thicken the mass, while lowering the amount of fats and providing more protein to these sweets.