SAFFRON EXTRACT affron® (3:1)
- Saffron Extract.
- affron® raw material.
- 3:1 extraction ratio.
- 3.5% Lepticrosalides®.
- With vitamin B12.
Table of contents
affron® Saffron Extract (3:1) by EssentialSeries is a dietary supplement based on saffron stigma extract and vitamin B12.
affron® is a premium saffron extract standardised to 3.5% of Lepticrosalides®, by HPLC (Pharmactive Biotech Products, s.f.).
This product is suitable for vegan diets.
- Saffron contributes to emotional balance.
- Saffron helps support relaxation.
- Saffron helps maintain a positive mood.
- Saffron stimulates libido.
- Saffron helps maintain comfort before and during the menstrual cycle.
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal nervous system function.
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal psychological function.
- Vitamin B12 helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
Our saffron extract is manufactured with the exclusive affron® raw material, from Pharmactive Biotech Products S.L.U., a raw material recognised the world over for the great application it's demonstrated in scientific studies since the beginning of its development.
We don't use any saffron raw materials other than the affron®. All of the product's saffron extract content is standardised in the proprietary mixture of crocins and safranal from the manufacturer Pharmactive: Lepticrosalides®.
affron is made from 100% Spanish saffron (Crocus sativus L.), with certified national DNA. And it's classified with the international patent WO2017182688A1.
Pharmactive has had a large volume of scientific studies carried out using its trademarked affron® product.
For the development of this raw material, the company that owns the label has developed a proprietary blend of two of the most recognised compound families of the saffron stigma: crocin and safranal, determined by HPLC-DAD. It's known as Lepticrosalides®.
The affron® blend, developed under the intellectual property standards of the owner, has been used in 8 clinical studies with more than 400 subjects.
- Lopresti, A. L., & Drummond, P. D. (2017). Efficacy of curcumin, and a saffron/curcumin combination for the treatment of major depression: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Journal of Affective Disorders, 207, 188–196.
- Kell, G., Rao, A., Beccaria, G., Clayton, P., Inarejos-García, A. M., & Prodanov, M. (2017). affron® a novel saffron extract (Crocus sativus L.) improves mood in healthy adults over 4 weeks in a double-blind, parallel, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 33, 58–64.
- Nishide, A., Fujita, T., Nagaregawa, Y., Shoyama, Y., Ohnuki, K., Shimizu, K., … Ohnuki, K. (2018). Sleep enhancement by saffron extract in randomized control trial. Japanese Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 46(8), 1407–1415.
- Lopresti, A. L., Smith, S. J., Hood, S. D., & Drummond, P. D. (2019). Efficacy of a standardised saffron extract (affron®) as an add-on to antidepressant medication for the treatment of persistent depressive symptoms in adults: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 33(11), 1415–1427.
- Lopresti, A. L., Smith, S. J., Metse, A. P., & Drummond, P. D. (2020). Effects of saffron on sleep quality in healthy adults with self-reported poor sleep: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 16(6), 937–947.
- Lopresti, A. L., Drummond, P. D., Inarejos-García, A. M., & Prodanov, M. (2018). affron®, a standardised extract from saffron (Crocus sativus L.) for the treatment of youth anxiety and depressive symptoms: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Journal of Affective Disorders, 232, 349–357.
- Almodóvar, P., Briskey, D., Rao, A., Prodanov, M., & Inarejos-García, A. M. (2020). Bioaccessibility and Pharmacokinetics of a Commercial Saffron (Crocus sativus L.) Extract. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2020, 1575730.
- Lopresti, A. L., & Smith, S. J. (2021). The Effects of a Saffron Extract (affron®) on Menopausal Symptoms in Women during Perimenopause: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Journal of Menopausal Medicine, 27(2), 66.
affron® is a raw material that uses a proprietary extraction process: AFF® ON Cool-Tech.
This process allows affron® to have a higher concentration of chemical constituents of the plant thanks to its low temperature extraction.
This technique helps obtain a superior quality saffron with:
- Less industrial processing,
- Less energy expenditure,
- And no chemical use.
As the solvent used is natural, according to the information provided by the manufacturer Pharmactive Biotech Products, S.L.U.
affron® has won a number of renowned awards in the food industry:
- Nutraingedients USA Awards, 2020.
- Best Practices Award 2020, from Frost & Sullivan.
- Nie Awards Winner, 2020.
Thanks to the innovation of this raw material.
Scientific studies carried out with affron®, the saffron extract of Pharmactive Biotech Products, S.L.U., have set 28 mg / day as the established dose.
Our saffron extract provides 30mg of pure affron® per capsule, thus ensuring a sufficient dose of the award-winning raw material according to manufacturer recommendations.
Our saffron extract doesn't contain any allergens listed in EU regulation 1169/2011 and is 100% suitable for vegan diets.
Take 1 veg capsule, 1 time a day.
You can use it with:
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Saffron stigma extract (3:1) (3.5% Lepticrosalides®) (Crocus Sativus L.) (affron®)|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients SAFFRON EXTRACT affron® (3:1) - 120 veg capsBulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), hydrolysed rice flour, vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose)], saffron extract (3:1, from stigma of Crocus sativus L., 3,5% Lepticrosalides®), anti-caking agent (L-leucine), anti-caking agent (tricalcium phosphate), maltodextrin, methylcobalamin (vitamin B12).
Warnings SAFFRON EXTRACT affron® (3:1) - 120 veg capsStore in a cool (below 25°C), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. affron® is a registered trademark of Pharmactive Biotech Products, S.L.U..
How to take
Take 1 vegetable capsule, 1 time a day preferably before bedtime.
No reviews found with filters applied.