ORS COCOLYTES (COCONUT WATER + ELECTROLYTES) POWDER
- Low osmolarity oral solution.
- ORS = Optimal Replacement Solution.
- With a base of coconut water powder
- Exclusive carbohydrate-electrolyte formula.
- Perfect for vegans.
- Refreshing flavours.
Table of contents
- What is ORS Cocolytes (Coconut water + Electrolytes) powder?
- Characteristics of ORS Cocolytes (Coconut water + Electrolytes) powder
- What is 'Low osmolarity'?
- Why buy ORS Cocolytes (Coconut water + Electrolytes) powder by HSN?
- What can you combine ORS Cocolytes (Coconut water+ Electrolytes) in powder with?
ORS Cocolytes (Coco Water Electrolytes) powder by EssentialSeries is a low osmolarity oral solution, a flavoured vegan powdered food preparation based on coconut water powder, dextrose and mineral salts.
ORS Cocolytes (Coco Electrolyte Water) powder has been formulated in accordance with the recommendations established by the World Health Organization (2001) for the preparation of low osmolarity oral solutions.
ORS Cocolytes is a food preparation suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
ORS Cocolytes is a ORS that contains 10g of carbohydrates per dose, and is a source of chloride and potassium.
- Carbohydrates contribute to the recovery of normal muscle function (contraction) after high-intensity and/or long-lasting physical exercise that leads to muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen reserves in skeletal muscle.1
- Sodium citrate,
- Sodium chloride,
- Potassium chloride.
As sources of chloride, sodium and elemental potassium.
- Contributes to normal muscle function.
Osmolarity is the concentration of solutes per unit solution, i.e. the number of dissolved particles in a liquid medium.
In the body, there are many molecules suspended in the fluids inside and outside the cells, and water flows freely in order to keep these concentrations balanced.
'Low osmolarity' is equivalent to 'hypotonic solution'.
ORS Cocolytes has been formulated with low osmolarity to be a hypotonic drink, according to the WHO guidelines for ORS formulations which can be found in the 'Literature references' section at the end of this description.
Solutions can be classified as:
- Hypotonic: <200 mOsm/kg.
- Isotonics: 200-330 mOsm/kg.
- Hypertonic: >330 mOsm/kg.
Cocolytes (Coconut water + Electrolytes) powder is a food preparation with an exclusive HSN formula.
Find out what makes it unique!
ORS Cocolytes is intended for dissolution in water.
It has been formulated by the HSN team according to WHO guidelines for the development of low osmolarity ORS formulas (2001).
ORS is a ground-breaking concept! Optimal Replacement Solution!
ORS Cocolytes is ideal to prepare and sip at little by little.
One of the biggest problems with solutions is that with the passage of a few minutes, the solids begin to settle, they are deposited in the bottom of the container, which means constantly having to shake the solution to suspend it again.
ORS Cocolytes (Coconut Electrolyte Water) powder due to its low osmolarity profile, coupled with a fine powder of reduced particle diameter, remains suspended for longer.
This makes it easy to make the Cocolytes mixture in water and drink it little by little without having to constantly shake it. Make the mixture once and forget about it!
ORS Cocolytes (Coconut Water Electrolytes) powder has excellent solubility and low sedimentation rate.
ORS Cocolytes (Coconut Water Electrolytes) powder does not look like other similar oral solutions, if you are familiar with the taste of low osmolarity ORS you will not be able to believe what we have achieved with our Cocolytes.
- It has no intense salt flavour.
- It's refreshing and lightweight
- It's sweet, but not over sweet.
It is ideal for mixing in cold water and preparing a refreshing solution.
Discover new alternative flavours not found in such preparations: Pineapple, Apple and Peach Iced Tea.
Including our lemon flavour which has nothing to do with watery and tasteless versions of other similar products, our lemon has a delicious caramelised taste.
- ORS Cocolytes has been formulated with coconut water powder, a source of great recognition for the chemical composition of Cocos nucifera (Yong et al., 2009).
- The dextrose comes from the breakdown of corn starch.
- And all mineral salts used are inorganic compounds that do not come from living organisms.
ORS Cocolytes (Coconut Water Electrolytes) powder is a food preparation that does not contain animal ingredients, therefore it is 100% suitable for vegetarians and vegans, and has no gluten or GMOs.
It goes great with:
- Organización Mundial de la Salud (2002). Reduced osmolarity : oral rehydration salts (ORS) formulation : a report from a meeting of experts jointly organised by UNICEF and WHO : UNICEF house, New York, USA, 18 July 2001 (p. WHO/FCH/CAH/01.22). p. WHO/FCH/CAH/01.22. World Health Organization.
- Yong, J. W. H., Ge, L., Ng, Y. F., & Tan, S. N. (2009). The chemical composition and biological properties of coconut (Cocos Nucifera L.) water. Molecules, 14(12), 5144–5164.
1 This is achieved by consuming carbohydrates, from all sources, with a total dose intake of 4g per kg of body weight, during the first 4 hours and no later than 6 hours after intense and/or long-lasting physical exercise leading to muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen deposits in skeletal muscle.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop of 20ml (16g)|
|daily dose: 1 scoop of 20ml (16g)|
|Servings per container: 9|
|of which saturated|
|of which sugars|
|of sodium chloride|
|of sodium citrate|
|of sodium chloride|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.25)|