NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (VITAMIN A) 15000IU
- 15000IU of Beta-Carotene.
- Equivalent to 1500mcg of Retinol.
- Natural vitamin A.
Table of contents
Natural Beta-Carotene by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules based on natural beta-carotene, from vegetable sources.
Beta-carotene is a plant metabolite with pro-vitamin A activity, which means that it is a suitable source of this vitamin for dietary intake through food.
Natural Beta-Carotene is a product that is 100% suitable for vegan diets.
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism.
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of mucous membranes in normal conditions.
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of skin in normal conditions.
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of vision in normal conditions.
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.
- Vitamin A contributes to the process of cell differentiation.
Discover its features!
Beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A in the body, and its activity is measured in RE (Retinol Equivalents).
Do you know all the characteristics of our beta-carotene that make it a product of high concentration and maximum quality?
Don't miss a thing!
Each vegetable capsule of Natural Beta-Carotene contains 9mg of beta-carotene.
And how much is that?
The United Nations FAO and the American USDA state that the conversion activity of beta-carotene to International Vitamin A units is 1IU=0.6mcg beta-carotene.
Therefore, 9mg of beta-carotene is equivalent to 15,000 International Vitamin A Equivalent Activity Units..
Did you know...
A capsule of this product gives you the recommended daily amount of vitamin A?
Beta-carotene is an inactive form of vitamin A.
However, this is converted by metabolic bioactivation in the human body into active vitamin A (Retinol), which is how vitamin A in foods is measured in relation to nutrient Reference Values (NRV).
The conversion equivalence used is that provided by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), which states that 6 micrograms of beta-carotene is equivalent to 1 mcg of Retinol.
For this reason, each capsule of our natural beta-carotene contains:
9000mcg (9mg) of beta-carotene = 15000 International Units = 1500 micrograms of retinol equivalents (active vitamin A).
While the main sources of vitamin A in nature are of animal origin (especially fatty fish), beta-carotene has a plant origin as it is a plant metabolite.
To maximise its activity, it doesn't have to be in an oily medium, such as vitamin A, that is eminently fat-soluble. Even so, our recommendation is to take it together with a meal.
Beta-carotene is a natural source suitable for vegans, coated with hypromeellose, a vegetable compound.
You can take it with:
- National Institutes of Health. (2021). Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin A.
- Scientific Opinion on Dietary Reference Values for vitamin A. (2015). EFSA Journal, 13(3), 4028.
- Bohn, T., Desmarchelier, C., El, S. N., Keijer, J., Van Schothorst, E., Rühl, R., & Borel, P. (2019). Symposium 2: Nutrient interactions and their role in protection from chronic diseases: β-Carotene in the human body: Metabolic bioactivation pathways - From digestion to tissue distribution and excretion. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 78(1), 68–87.
- WHO, [World Health Organization], & FAO, [Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations]. (1967). Requirements of Vitamin A, Thiamine, Riboflavine and Niacin. Report of a Joint FAO/WHO Expert Group.WHO Technical Report Series No. 362. FAO Nutrition Meetings Report Series No. 41. WHO, [World Health Organization], p. 1361. World Health Organization.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Vitamin A (RE)|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (VITAMIN A) 15000IU - 120 veg capsCorn starch, vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose)], beta-carotene (vitamin A), anti-caking agent (magnesium salts of fatty acids), antioxidant (DL-alpha-tocopherol).
Warnings NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (VITAMIN A) 15000IU - 120 veg capsOnce opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Take 1 vegetable capsule, 1 time a day with a meal.
At the top
Moron y martin 01/05/2022
Easy to use gelulesShow original languageWas the review helpful? Be the
first oneto rate the review
I take it in the summer to enhance my tan, in comfortable doses, and it fulfills its function of maintaining a slightly darker tone and a longer lasting tan.Show original languageWas the review helpful? Be the
first oneto rate the review
No reviews found with filters applied.