NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (VITAMIN A) 15000IU
- 15000IU of Beta-Carotene.
- Equivalent to 1500mcg of Retinol.
- Natural vitamin A.
Table of contents
Natural Beta-Carotene by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules based on natural beta-carotene, from plant sources.
Beta-carotene is a plant metabolite with activity pro-vitamin A, which means that it is an suitable source of this vitamin for dietary intake through diet. Vitamin A is very important for the maintenance of many functions of the body.
Natural Beta-Carotene is a product that is 100% suitable for vegan diets.
Beta-Carotene is a food supplement that can't be missing from your stack of products with the arrival of summer.
Read on to find out more about its features!
Beta-carotene is transformed into vitamin A in the body, and its activity is measured in RE (Retinol Equivalents).
Vitamin A is indispensable, and must be provided through the diet in sufficient quantities to avoid the development of nutritional deficiencies.
Vitamin A contributes to:
- Normal iron metabolism.
- Mucuous maintenance under normal conditions.
- Vision upkeep under normal conditions.
- The normal functioning of the immune system.
Amongst other functions.
Vitamin A contributes to skin maintenance under normal conditions.
Do you know all the characteristics of our beta-carotene that make it a product of high concentration and maximum quality?
Don't miss a thing!
Each vegetable capsule of Natural Beta-Carotene contains 9mg of beta-carotene.
And how much is that?
The United Nations FAO and the American USDA state that the conversion activity of beta-carotene to International Vitamin A units is 1IU=0.6mcg beta-carotene.
Therefore, 9mg of beta-carotene is equivalent to 15,000 International Vitamin A Equivalent Activity Units..
Did you know...
A capsule of this product gives you the recommended daily amount of vitamin A?
Beta-carotene is an inactive form of vitamin A.
However, this is converted by metabolic bioactivation in the human body into active vitamin A (Retinol), which is how vitamin A in foods is measured in relation to nutrient Reference Values (NRV).
The conversion equivalence used is that provided by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), which states that 6 micrograms of beta-carotene is equivalent to 1 mcg of Retinol.
For this reason, each capsule of our natural beta-carotene contains:
9000mcg (9mg) of beta-carotene = 15000 International Units = 1500 micrograms of retinol equivalents (active vitamin A).
While the main sources of vitamin A in nature are of animal origin (especially fatty fish), beta-carotene has a plant origin as it is a plant metabolite.
To maximise its activity, it doesn't have to be in an oily medium, such as vitamin A, that is eminently fat-soluble. Even so, our recommendation is to take it together with a meal.
Beta-carotene is a natural source suitable for vegans, coated with hypromeellose, a vegetable compound.
Take 1 veg capsule, once a day, with a meal.
You can take it with:
- National Institutes of Health. (2021). Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin A.
- Scientific Opinion on Dietary Reference Values for vitamin A. (2015). EFSA Journal, 13(3), 4028.
- Bohn, T., Desmarchelier, C., El, S. N., Keijer, J., Van Schothorst, E., Rühl, R., & Borel, P. (2019). Symposium 2: Nutrient interactions and their role in protection from chronic diseases: β-Carotene in the human body: Metabolic bioactivation pathways - From digestion to tissue distribution and excretion. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 78(1), 68–87.
- WHO, [World Health Organization], & FAO, [Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations]. (1967). Requirements of Vitamin A, Thiamine, Riboflavine and Niacin. Report of a Joint FAO/WHO Expert Group.WHO Technical Report Series No. 362. FAO Nutrition Meetings Report Series No. 41. WHO, [World Health Organization], p. 1361. World Health Organization.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin A (RE)||1500µg||188%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (VITAMIN A) 15000IU - 120 veg caps ingredients:Corn starch, vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose)], beta-carotene (vitamin A), anti-caking agent (magnesium salts of fatty acids), antioxidant (DL-alpha-tocopherol).
Warnings de NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (VITAMIN A) 15000IU - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
How to take
Take 1 vegetable capsule, 1 time a day with a meal.
No reviews found with filters applied.