- Maca root powder
- Suitable for vegans.
- 0 additives.
Table of contents
Maca Powder by EssentialSeries is a vegan powdered food, 100% based on the roots of crude Lepidium meyenii.
Andean maca is a plant that grows in the highlands of the Andes, mainly in Peru and to a lesser extent in Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and Chile. It has been part of the gastronomic culture of South American countries for centuries. It is used in typical local drinks such as tea and its roots have been added to a multitude of recipes in traditional cuisine because of its characteristics.
Now you can buy maca root powder, perfect for use in shakes, teas, smoothies, creams and healthy fitness baking.
- Maca helps maintain sexual performance and energy.
- Maca supports physical and intellectual performance.
- Maca contributes to the maintenance of normal bone strength during menopause.
- Maca helps maintain a healthy male reproductive system.
Maca root is pungent due to its glucosinolate content, highly spicy with an astringent taste.
It is used in a wide variety of recipes, both sweet and savoury.
The most common uses for maca are in liquid food preparations such as smoothies, teas and shakes, although it is also commonly found in baked goods.
Many people use natural maca root infusions.
Discover what makes our Maca root unique!
HSN's maca root powder is the root of the plant itself in its natural state, simply washed, dried and crushed.
Maca root is a 100% natural product that has not been subjected to aggressive raw material treatments that affect its main chemical constituents.
The particle size of the micronised (powdered) maca root has been reduced as much as possible by using sequential crushing and sieving techniques.
This complete pulverisation makes it easier to prepare infusions and drinks. It is a root that is characterised by its low polarity and difficult miscibility in water.
HSN's maca powder is ideal for making herbal teas or shakes.
Maca powder is produced 100% exclusively from maca root.
It contains no other ingredients in its composition, no additives for the treatment of the product, only the powdered maca root nourishment.
100% natural maca root powder for your enjoyment!
Combine with Panax Ginseng Extract!
- Meissner, H. O., Mscisz, A., Reich-Bilinska, H., Mrozikiewicz, P., Bobkiewicz-Kozlowska, T., Kedzia, B., … Barchia, I. (2006). Hormone-Balancing Effect of Pre-Gelatinized Organic Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon): (III) Clinical responses of early-postmenopausal women to Maca in double blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled, crossover configuration, outpatient study. International journal of biomedical science : IJBS, 2(4), 375–394.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop of 5ml (4g)|
|Servings per container: 38|
|of which saturated|
|of which sugars|
|Maca root powder|
|Protein calculated on a dry matter basis (nitrogen *6.38 for milk proteins and nitrogen *6.25 for other proteins).|