ANDEAN MACA EXTRACT (10:1) 500mg
- Andean Maca root extract in capsules.
- Concentration 10:1. Now even more concentrated!
- With Vitamin B12, Selenium and Zinc.
- Dose size 1 capsule per day.
- Suitable for vegans.
Table of contents
Andean Maca Extract (10:1) 500mg by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules based on dry extract of Lepidium meyenii Walp roots, mixture of black and yellow variety, with a concentration 10 times higher than the root, with vitamins (B12) and minerals (Selenium and Zinc).
Maca is a plant cultivated in the Andes mountain range, and is part of the typical cuisine of countries such as Chile, Peru, Argentina, Venezuela, Ecuador, and Bolivia.
Andean Maca Extract (10:1) 500mg is a product suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Maca extract formula by HSN has been supplemented with specifically selected micronutrients such as vitamin B12, selenium and zinc.
- Maca (Lepidium meyenii) helps maintain sexual performance and energy.
- Maca (Lepidium meyenii) supports physical and intellectual performance.
- Maca (Lepidium meyenii) contributes to the maintenance of normal bone strength during the menopause.
- Maca (Lepidium meyenii) helps maintain a healthy male reproductive system.
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Selenium contributes to normal spermatogenesis.
- Selenium contributes to normal thyroid function.
- Zinc contributes to normal cognitive function.
- Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction.
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal testosterone levels.
The doses used in most studies are around 3 grams of powdered maca root; an amount that can sometimes be difficult to achieve, as maca cannot be cooked because it loses some of its properties through heat degradation; and raw root has a strong, pungent taste.
We have extracted and encapsulated the maca root, achieving a concentration 10 times higher than the original raw material, so that with just one vegetable capsule a day you can obtain the equivalent of 5g of maca root.
No taste, no degradation, and in a convenient capsule format.
Maca, depending on the cultivation characteristics and processing conditions of its roots, is characterised by distinctive colours, which are of great nutritional interest to consumers.
Among them, the most valued variants for their functional characteristics are yellow maca and black maca.
In HSN we use the highest quality raw material, from a 10:1 blend of Andean maca extract varieties:
- Yellow Maca.
- Black Maca.
Capsules used for the development of food supplements are normally made from gelatines of animal origin.
This is a problem for vegetarians and vegans, who find that they cannot consume a certain product, even if its content is suitable, because the capsule is not.
At HSN we wanted to solve this problem by using a vegetable glazing agent, just as effective as traditional gelatine capsules, but suitable for vegetarians.
Andean Maca Extract (10:1) is a product completely suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Brooks, N. A., Wilcox, G., Walker, K. Z., Ashton, J. F., Cox, M. B., & Stojanovska, L. (2008). Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause, 15(6), 1157–1162.
- Gonzales, G. F., Córdova, A., Vega, K., Chung, A., Villena, A., Góñez, C., & Castillo, S. (2002). Effect of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in adult healthy men. Andrologia, 34(6), 367–372.
- Zenico, T., Cicero, A. F. G., Valmorri, L., Mercuriali, M., & Bercovich, E. (2009). Subjective effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) extract on well-being and sexual performances in patients with mild erectile dysfunction: A randomised, double-blind clinical trial. Andrologia, 41(2), 95–99.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Maca root extract (10:1) (Lepidium meyenii)|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)|
|of zinc citrate|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|