The discovery of expression lines, wrinkles and dull skin on the face can be avoided by starting a regular facial Yoga routine.
Feeling good in a holistic way has a lot to do with how we see ourselves when we look in the mirror. If one of the questions on your mind is, How do you firm up your face and neck? This is the article for you!
What is Facial Yoga?
Facial yoga is a discipline that aims to train the muscles responsible for facial expressions for aesthetic purposes.
It combines a series of techniques that:
- Work the facial muscles.
- Maintain your skins elasticity.
- Release stress.
- Reduce wrinkles and even prevent their appearance.
It is inspired by the principles of yoga and offers innumerable benefits contributing to rejuvenating results.
What is it for?
Consistently performing the exercises can prevent and avoid facial sagging as it stimulates the tissues while strengthening the anchors of the face.
It is for people of all ages and skin types.
How can you improve facial sagging?
Through the facial yoga exercise routine we’re setting out for you!
The best things is that you can do these exercises at any time of the day, easily, and with only having to dedicate 10 to 15 minutes to it.
Jowl facial yoga
With the practice of this routine incredible results are achieved naturally, without invasive treatments. It is about working the facial muscles, concentrating on breathing, and achieving relaxation.
What are the benefits of facial yoga for your face itself?
Performing Facial Yoga carries significant benefits for our general well-being, and in particular allows us to show a rested face.
Younger-looking and better cared for appearance.
Here are some of the advantages of this innovative technique.
- Anti-sagging: Because with this practice you will activate the muscles, improving circulation of the blood vessels and appearance of the skin.
- It tones and makes the skin more flexible: In this way, the skin of the face will slow down its ageing process. The complexion remains smoother and more radiant.
- Strengthens the facial muscles, cheeks, lips, forehead and neck: This effect reduces fat and keeps the skin in place.
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin: By generating these substances, it is possible not only to reduce wrinkles, but to eliminate them too.
- Stimulates circulation in the face: By activating the circulation of blood vessels, the skin is rejuvenated by the oxygenation of both the face and body. During the process, the blood eliminates toxins and the appearance of the skin notably improves.
- Reduces the jowls: Thanks to the strengthening of the facial muscles and the vitality that facial yoga brings to the skin, jowls can be reduced.
To obtain the benefits derived from facial yoga it is essential to be consistent in performing the exercises.
Facial Yoga Exercises
These exercises can improve your appearance and reduce visible signs of ageing. You only need to dedicate a few minutes a day to achieve it.
- Looking straight ahead, turn the head to the right until aligned with the shoulder.
- In this position, tilt it back to maintain the position 8 seconds.
- Return to the initial position and perform the same movement on your left side.
Toning the neck
- Looking straight ahead, place your fingertips on the upper neck area and slide them down, while tilting your head back.
- Return to the initial position and repeat.
- Maintain this position for three deep breaths.
- Then, use the fingers of both hands, touching the bottom of the chin and alternating with each hand, for 15 seconds.
- Hide your teeth with your lips and put your mouth in the position to say the letter O.
- Afterwards, make a wide smile, keeping the teeth hidden.
- Keeping the smile, place your index finger on your chin.
- Move your jaw up and down, while tilting your head back. Repeat twice.
- Squeeze the cheeks and entire face area with your thumb and index finger for 30 seconds.
- Suck in the cheeks as much as you can.
- Then gently touch them with your hands.
- Maintain this position for 30 seconds.
First of all:
- Place your index finger between your eyebrows and tap gently around the eyes.
- Then, repeat the movement at the top of the eyebrow and continue under the eyes.
- Finally, continue to the inner corners of the eyes. Repeat in the opposite direction.
For the second phase of the exercise, stroke the lower eyelid with your fingers from the nose outwards, four times.
Smoothen the forehead
Place your fingers in the centre of your forehead and slide them to the sides. Repeat three times.
How to firm up the face and neck?
According to expert recommendations, it’s advisable to start this type of facial exercise from the age of 30. However, you can also start later, just dedicate a little more time to see the results, according to your age.
Try Facial Yoga and tell us what you think!
- “Yoga facial” Junko Ueno
- “Yoga facial” Danielle Collins
- Personal contributions
- Vitamin C has a number of benefits for the skin… continue reading.
- Discover the rejuvenating properties of Hyaluronic Acid at this link.
- We tell you the cause of dermatitis and how to prevent it. Click here.