UVA URSI EXTRACT (6:1) 500mg
- 1500mg Uva Ursi leaf extract per daily dose.
- High 6:1 concentration.
- Standardised 10% Arbutin.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Uva Ursi Extract (6:1) 500mg by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetarian capsules, based on dry extract of leaves of Arctostaphylos uva-ursi.
The Uva Ursi is a plant with a wide geographical distribution, found in northern America, Asia and north-eastern Europe.
Uva Ursi Extrat (6:1) 500mg is 100% suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Uva Ursi has been widely used for centuries in folk medicine in native regions.
'The main constituent of the plant is arbutin (5-15%). Related hydroquinone derivatives present in the plant include hydroquinone and methyl arbutin (over 4%). Gallic acid is the major phenolic carboxylic acid present, along with galloylbutin and up to 20% of gallotannins, flavonoids and triterpenes, mainly ursolic acid and uvaol.' (WHO, 2002)
Uva Ursi helps protect against the action of free radicals due to ultraviolet exposure or harsh environmental conditions.
- Aids the physiological balance of sugars.
- Useful for bladder function and urinary flow.
Uva Ursi extract by HSN is a 6:1 ratio extract.
These values indicate the ratio of mass units of raw material to equivalent mass units of the extract, so that the food supplement is 6 times more concentrated than the leaves of the plant in their native state.
It is a plant that, depending on its cultivation medium, its treatment and other factors, can lose a considerable amount of the active principles of which it is composed.
Therefore, we have standardised the amount of arbutin in our Uva Ursi Extract, ensuring that the minimum content is 10%, ensuring both the integrity of the compounds during cultuvo and during harvesting and processing of the extract.
This food supplement is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets as no ingredients or catalysts of animal origin have been used in its composition.
One capsule constitutes one serving. Consume one serving, three times a day.
- Afshar, K., Fleischmann, N., Schmiemann, G., Bleidorn, J., Hummers-Pradier, E., Friede, T., … Gágyor, I. (2018). Reducing antibiotic use for uncomplicated urinary tract infection in general practice by treatment with uva-ursi (REGATTA) - A double-blind, randomized, controlled comparative effectiveness trial. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 18(1), 203.
- DrugBank. (s.f.). Arbutin.
- Ma, C., He, N., Zhao, Y., Xia, D., Wei, J., & Kang, W. (2019). Antimicrobial Mechanism of Hydroquinone. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 189(4), 1291–1303.
- World Health Organization WHO. (2002). WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants. Ginebra, Suiza: World Health Organisation.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 3 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Leaves of Uva ursi (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi)||9000mg|
|from 6:1 extract of Arctostaphylos uva-ursi leaves (10% Arbutin)||1500mg|
UVA URSI EXTRACT (6:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps ingredients:Uva Ursi extract (6:1, from leaves of Arctostaphylos uva-ursi, 10% arbutin), bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)], anti-caking agents (magnesium salts of fatty acids, silicon dioxide).
How to take UVA URSI EXTRACT (6:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule, 3 times a day.
Warnings de UVA URSI EXTRACT (6:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. This product may have a natural colour variation.
I like using uva ursi due to its detox and anti-bacterial properties. This supplement provides a great dose of the main ingredient.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Effective against urinary infections
Summer is awful when it comes to urinary infections. That's why I like to combine this product and the cranberry extract at this time of the year.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics