UVA URSI EXTRACT (6:1) 500mg
- 1500mg Uva Ursi leaf extract per daily dose.
- Bearberry extract.
- Extraction ratio 6:1.
- Standardised 10% Arbutin.
- With vitamin A and Biotin.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Uva Ursi Extract (6:1) 500mg by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetarian capsules, based on dry extract of leaves of Arctostaphylos uva-ursi.
The Uva Ursi is a plant with a wide geographical distribution, found in northern America, Asia and north-eastern Europe.
Uva Ursi Extrat (6:1) 500mg is 100% suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Bearberry helps protect against the action of free radicals due to ultraviolet exposure or harsh environmental conditions.
Uva ursi (bearberry) (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi):
- Uva ursi (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) helps protect against the action of free radicals due to exposure to UV rays or harsh environmental conditions.
- Uva ursi (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) contributes to the physiological balance of sugars.
- Uva ursi (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) is used for bladder function and good urine flow.
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance mucous membranes in normal conditions .
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance skin in normal conditions.
- Biotin contributes to the maintenance hair in normal conditions.
- Biotin contributes to the maintenance mucous membranes in normal conditions.
- Biotin contributes to the maintenance skin in normal conditions.
'The main constituent of the plant is arbutin (5-15%). Related hydroquinone derivatives present in the plant include hydroquinone and methyl arbutin (over 4%). Gallic acid is the major phenolic carboxylic acid present, along with galloylbutin and up to 20% of gallotannins, flavonoids and triterpenes, mainly ursolic acid and uvaol.' (WHO, 2002)
Uva Ursi extract by HSN is a 6:1 ratio extract.
These values indicate the ratio of mass units of raw material to equivalent mass units of the extract, so that the food supplement is 6 times more concentrated than the leaves of the plant in their native state.
It is a plant that, depending on its cultivation medium, its treatment and other factors, can lose a considerable amount of the active principles of which it is composed.
Therefore, we have standardised the amount of arbutin in our Uva Ursi Extract, ensuring that the minimum content is 10%, ensuring both the integrity of the compounds during cultuvo and during harvesting and processing of the extract.
This food supplement is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets as no ingredients or catalysts of animal origin have been used in its composition.
- Afshar, K., Fleischmann, N., Schmiemann, G., Bleidorn, J., Hummers-Pradier, E., Friede, T., … Gágyor, I. (2018). Reducing antibiotic use for uncomplicated urinary tract infection in general practice by treatment with uva-ursi (REGATTA) - A double-blind, randomized, controlled comparative effectiveness trial. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 18(1), 203.
- DrugBank. (s.f.). Arbutin.
- Ma, C., He, N., Zhao, Y., Xia, D., Wei, J., & Kang, W. (2019). Antimicrobial Mechanism of Hydroquinone. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 189(4), 1291–1303.
- World Health Organization WHO. (2002). WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants. Ginebra, Suiza: World Health Organisation.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 3 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Arctostaphylos uva-ursi leaf extract (6:1) (10% arbutina)||500mg||++|
|Biotin (as D-biotin)||8.3µg||16%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
UVA URSI EXTRACT (6:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps ingredients:Arctostaphylos uva-ursi leaf extract (6:1, 10% arbutin), bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)], anti-caking agents (magnesium salts of fatty acids, silicon dioxide), retinyl acetate (vitamin A), maltodextrin, D-biotin (biotin).
Warnings de UVA URSI EXTRACT (6:1) 500mg - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. This product may have a natural colour variation.
How to take
Take 1 vegetable capsule, 3 times a day.
No reviews found with filters applied.